Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Onslaught of the Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:05 am
User Image

Cinn seemed to pause, as though remembering something, then he looked to Nightwind with a slight smirk.
"That reminds me...didn't you encounter a Jedi or two on Ruuria, Nightwind? I seem to recall you having a certain amount of difficulty with them..."

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:21 pm
Nova forced herself not to look towards either Cinn or the Jedi slave. But when the conversation turned to what happened on Ruuria she knew this wasnt going to end well. Her eyes stared down at the floor and she silently wished for a hole to open up beneath her so she could escape this situation entirely.  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:17 am
User Image
User Image
Lieutenant Warren McJump
Personal Location: Cargo Hold of the Wesom II
Accompanying ships: None

Knight-errant Jian Yakamura
Personal Location: Travnin, Minos Cluster
Accompanying People: Warren, The Gundark
Current Attire: http://jujika.deviantart.com/art/STAR-WARS-Character-Sheet-17527802 - right

"About time you showed up," the hangar guard finally stated, after checking the roster for the Wesom II. Even with tighter security, it seemed there was some folk in the Republic more than capable of getting into a place like this; only the efforts of the people involved would really decide if they got back out, however. As the lepi continued to converse about where to set up, and the details of the rest of the plan with the courtier which was also present (and more than nervous; failing a detail for a man like Cinn was not easily brushed aside in one's mind), Jian kept close attention to his surroundings. He was just supposedly a person to mingle with some folks, at least by the way of the story that was fed the guard. The truth was he had no idea where to even begin to look for Danika. If he opened up even a crack to try to feel a way around, he would give up his position and the idea of stealth would be destroyed. At the same time, if he suppressed too much, too fast, he might as well consider it meaningless as the Sith might wonder about a life being without much of a signature handling things.

As the two imperials walked away, the Lepi turned to the two men behind "her". Warren had to maintain some form of dignified poise and control over the "people" he had brought on board, instead pointing to the Jedi and his master vanguard.

"You keep your eyes open; Find the girl, find some plans, find some guns, do what you can, and try not to die, okay?" The group nodded, slowly parting ways over the next few minutes to begin their infiltration....  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:22 pm
Dixie walked into the junk shop, her hips swaying gently as she approached the counter.

"Not open yet," said a gruff voice from under the counter. "Come back later."

"Wake your drunk a** up, you old Toydarian grabworm. I got trade that needs done, and the less time I spend on this dirtball the better."

"You got a lot of nerve, stranger." the shopkeeper stated angrily, flitting up to eye-level. One of his hands rested in a jacket pocket, and Dixie could just make out the bulge of a hold-out blaster. The Toydarian glared at her through a pair of cheap spectacles, though his expression changed after a few moments to curiousity and vague recognition. "Do I know you from somewhere, offworlder?"

"Gar serim..." said Dixie with satisfaction as she saw him finally recognize her.

"Sweets patogga! I haven't seen you since you were barely able to look over the counter here."

"Yeah, but I was still taller than you, Bulba."

"That's not saying much, cheeka," he replied, laughing. "Now what can old Bulba help you with, eh?"

"I've got a cargo of misplaced military hardware parked outside, need to liquidate it and maybe pick up something of a little higher quality."

"Ah, cheeka, that will be most impossible. I got out of that business years ago. Too many entanglements with the local law."

"Come on, Bulba. Don't pull that kark with me." she said, leaning in confidentially. "I know you've still got a stash somewhere around this place that you still deal out of."

"Maybe I do," said the Toydarian, smiling in spite of himself. "But there's no way I could handle that kind of volume. It would take me months to sell it all off. There's no way I could give you a fair price."

"I'm not looking for a fair price, old friend. Just need whatever scratch I can get as fast as possible."

"Well, under those circumstances I guess I can take them off your hands, for a tenth of their market value."

"I'm not looking for a fair price, but I'm not just gonna let you rob me like that," Dixie countered. "I want forty percent market for them."

"No, no. Too far out of my reach. I am only a humble junk dealer. I can give you 20 percent for them."

"30 percent, and one item from your inventory. My choice."

"I can't," said Bulba, shaking his head. "I like you kid, but I got a business to run here."

"Why don't we go into that back room," Dixie said, leaning in close and giving him a seductive glance, "and perhaps I can persuade you?"

Darth Fury

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:27 am
User Image

DAGGER Squad had survived with minimal injury. Better than what others seemed to at least. Sythica had restocked and reloaded herself but the job didn't seem to be that finished yet. The base had been hit on a forward assault and with little indication why.

From the rumors there it sounded as if someone had busted out high priority prisoners during the attack from a convoy elsewhere. It was if the Sith advance on this planet was lead by morons.

The SITREP on the capitol city suggested that even if movement into the town was possible the Republic was not interested in letting it go. Even though the sith could move in, a universal spectrum jammer had left communications blind. How the republic seemed to be communication was theorized to be landlines. Archaic technology with carefully laid wires that transported the information pretty much by land. Resistance runners also carried messages back and forth. If the Sith wanted this planet, they would have to take it by sheer force. Sythica was determined to regain the resistance leaders lost to them. It seemed Z-man wasn't allowed to pursue that objective quite yet.

Z-man had been OPCON to the mission directive. Geo satellites had pinpointed the particular jamming device, and the need to destroy it would allow for air support to enter the Capital's air space. Ground forces were already being diverted to their base to allow for them to enter the city.

Another day for DAGGER.

Squad objectives:
- Move into the city and take down the jamming tower.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:59 am
User Image

The Gatekeeper's holo-representation peered at the two of them for a long moment before nodding.

"Know this then, Jedi. Some of the knowledge contained within this Holocron, recorded by my maker and the other Jedi who resided with him would have been considered proscribed by the Order in our later days. We sought to embrace our passions, and in what some considered vanity, we chose this planet as our new home hoping to understand the passions of Nature and learn from them. After Naga Sadow attacked with his Sith Empire, the Order once more went through a change, and we were considered pariahs for our belief that one could deviate from the code and remain true in Mind and Spirt, which we did. Never did a member of this conclave ever fall to his passions or reach too far..."

We harnessed the power of the Storm and all of its energies. We discovered ways to channel its power through ourselves and like the eye at the core of each Storm, we felt a great calm at our center as our passion assisted us instead of hindered. I hold all the teachings compiled over the centuries Jedi called this conclave home, and the meditations of Jakkan Korshin since before he built it. I hold the secrets to the several techniques we alone developed and others we alone continued to study while others left them to the winds of history. We balanced our hearts and our mind equally and always accepted those who we believed were capable.

I sense the strength and conviction in each of you to learn our ways, but it is not a path for all. These are not only mere techniques, but also a way of life, one many Jedi were too squeamish to attempt and thus our numbers grew few over time. But with your assistance, we can once more spread our philosophy and teach that the firm restraint of our emotions is not the only method of achieving peace and balance with the Force."

Caisar stood silently after the Gatekeeper had finished, his arms crossed as he folded over all that was spoken in his mind. Pariahs of the Order had lived and studied in this Conclave, that had always been clear, as is there undocumented disappearance. This offered many insights in the history and demise of these Jedi, but it is also clear that as an artificial intelligence created from sympathetic imprints, Gatekeepers could indeed 'twist' words, Sith would attempt to leave legacy's and plots behind in theirs. This would be very controversial within the Order today and he wondered if such a practice could spur another movement like the Revanites towards the war taking place now. It was a dangerous notion.

Turning to Khyber, his Order Brother beside him, he pondered. If he could not extinguish these emotions Krosis had implanted within him, lies or not, such learning could allow him peace at least. But that was not his call to suggest such a thing to the younger Jedi. He would consider this at length and perhaps delve further into the notions this holocron had to offer. There was also sure to be much more knowledge within it besides.

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:07 am
"An intriguing philosophy, if nothing else," said Khyber. "Though I can see clearly why such a dissident point of view would fall into obscurity."

Though Khyber's response was short, inwardly his mind raged at the possibilities implied with such teachings. All of his life he had a great natural talent with the Force, but recently he had experienced trouble utilizing his abilities to their fullest extent. Ever since the death of his adopted father, he had lacked the serenity that was the core of a Jedi's ability with the Force. Khyber had read enough historical accounts and fictional literature to know that even the logical conclusion of his thirst for retribution would not quiet the unrest in his mind. This holocron, perhaps, offered another way.

Still, he was cautious; having experienced just a few hours ago the danger of diving too deep into one's passions.

"It is important, possibly critically so, in judging such a philosophy to know what conclusion it brought upon those who practiced it. The holocron claims that their numbers dwindled over time. But I wonder...

Gatekeeper. Do you contain records of the final days of this temple, and the outcome of those few souls who followed its ways?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:30 pm
Some time later Dixie and Bulba walked out of the back room, the mercenary patting a new gun on her hip and the shopkeeper shaking his head with a knowing smile on his face.

"Ah, cheeka, you have grown a lot in the passing years. Where in the galaxy did you learn to do THAT?!"

"You're not the only toydarian I've come across, Bulba," Dixie said, examining her new weapon as she drew it quickly, spun it, and returned it to the holster. "What I want to know is how someone who runs armaments as a side gig managed to get his hands on an Aries?"

"I have a cousin who works inventory for Atlas. Occasionally an item is...misplaced, and I give him a cut of the deal," Bulba explained, his face losing a bit of its joviality as he thought on the gun. "In truth, I was hoping you would not recognize it, and pick one of the gaudier pieces when I agreed to your trade. Now I'll have to sell most of the equipment you brought me, and it still might not make up for the loss of the Aries."

"I know my trade," she said, holstering the firearm one last time and leaning on the counter, towards the toydarian. "You should know better to agree to a deal without weighing the possible outcomes."

"Ah, sweets, you embarrass me. You had me quite distracted when we were negotiating the terms."

"True enough. Though I'll wager you won't let yourself get into a similar situation any time in the near future."

"No," he replied. "That I will not. Though I must say, it was well worth it cheeka."

"Bulba, you flatter me again," Dixie said, pouring herself a shot from a bottle of whiskey on the far side of the counter. She downed it, then poured another for her and Bulba before returning to her previous position and handing him the other shotglass. "I'll tell you what, old friend. I don't want you thinking I conned you out of the finest weapon you've seen in decades, so why don't you take the airspeeder along with its contents. Free of charge."

"Little Ara, you are too kind."

"I just don't want bad blood between old friends."

"To old friends, then," said the toydarian, raising his glass.

"And new memories," Dixie replied, clinking her glass with his and downing the shot.

Darth Fury

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:35 pm
Krosis mingled with the crowd at the gala, drawing in every detail as he moved from guest to guest. He introduced himself as Dinas Emrys, a Sith lieutenant only invited to the event as a companion of a much more important Sith officer. The alias was well-constructed, almost impenetrable, and Krosis spent several weeks out of the year in military operations to establish a recorded history. His current assignment was, of course, classified, Dinas would tell the other guests, but he would give subtle hints and teasers to keep them talking.

It was here, among the movers and shakers of the Sith world, among people who had spent their entire life practicing the arts of subterfuge, that Krosis was in his element. Even among these masters of sabotage and artifice, he was a colossus. And because of this, none of them would ever know. It was almost a shame.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:38 pm

User Image

The jungle may have hidden a ruin, but with the map provided to her, Kira could easily trek through the brush and make her way for the most part undisturbed by the local patrols. It seemed odd that the man had managed to stow the head away. Why couldn't he get it if he wasn't still being followed? Kira didn't understand. But the lure of adventure was enough to test herself. Someone was bound to pay a hefty price for such an item, right? Kira stopped for a moment to inspect the building. Dark stone for the sides and a curled type of roof was accented by ornaments off the wall. The Mirialian would have been more reverent if she was older or wiser. But she was young and only gave a small chuckle to herself.

The floor had a strange design with circles and squares. Inside each was a small design. In the wall there were small slits and holes. Time had cast cobwebs and fauna that covered up these hidden traps. Even if they were not covered up Kira probably would not have seen them or taken care to find out how to disarm them. A boot stepped on a plate as the stone slid down and made a click. Kira jumped up and snapped her blaster to her hand. For a moment nothing happened. A few moments more and still nothing happened. Kira breathed a sigh of relief as she holstered her blaster. The aged defenses were broken or used up.

"Luck of the draw." she said, moving forward. The chamber ahead of her had a large aurodium statue. It must have easily been several hundred tons. The glimmer of its metal had only made itself difficult to see after years of corrosion and the jewels stolen by bandits. Even the head had gone missing and cut off by a laser torch. Kira looked up and around the chamber. A thought popped into her head about entering a new type of smuggling business but right now, she needed to focus. The droid's head sat atop the statue.

"Really?" she asked herself. It had to be the most obvious hiding place around and yet it was a clever place to put it. She gave a smirk and quickly climbed up the statue's body, putting the head into a bag on her back and sliding down the front again. She wiped her hands and secured the item when the noise of a click from in front of her alerted her. She stared down the barrel of a blaster rifle. Probably not set to stun either.

"Okay. Part of me wanted this to turn out like an anticlimatic holofilm. But I suppose I can dance..."

lady_skuld

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:42 pm
Ilia raised an eyebrow. "Difficulty? Darth Cinn, you imply that I could not hand two jedi under any circumstances. I won't make excuses for myself, if any can be made, but yes, two Jedi did escape my wrath. What of it?" She of course knew that the slave before her was that second Jedi. Cinn was ready to pounce on that information and rub it in her face. Ilia wasn't about to let him strut about like a smug space hound with a freshly killed space chicken between his teeth. If he wanted to taunt her, so be it. She wasn't about to let him get under her skin.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:47 pm
"So," Dixie said after a few more drinks, "is there anything interesting happening in town tonight."

"With Sith nearby, most people stay in at night. Some post guards on the rooftops, in case the Sith punch through the perimeter too quickly for an alarm to be sounded."

"You mean everything shuts down? The local nightclubs must be taking a huge hit in the moneybags..."

"One still operates. It is throwing what it calls the "Apocalypse Party" tonight," Bulba stated, shaking his head in disgust. "They lead baby nerfs to slaughter..."

"Why do you say that?"

"With Sith so close, and so many young, strong, stupid folk in one place, I would bet good money on it getting hit by Sith slavers tonight."

"Sounds like my kind of party," said Dixie, standing up and heading for the door.

"Cheeka, wait." said Bulba. "These Sith are not typical slavers. I have seen holovids of them in action. They be well-armed, organized, and operate with brutal efficiency."

"That just means it'll be more fun," said Dixie, smiling. "Look, I need a ride off this rock, and I'd rather take it from some slaver scum than the locals. I'll be careful."

"You are many things," said Bulba as the mandalorian walked through the door. "But never careful..."

Darth Fury

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:23 pm
User Image

"I am simply suggesting that perhaps it is too early for you to be training an apprentice. After all, if a Sith can't handle a few Jedi, then would they not be setting their apprentice up to follow in their footsteps?" He gestured to Danika and then to the trophies on display in the chamber. "Look at all that I have accomplished. Battles won, Jedi crushed, great beasts slain, and now I prepare to demonstrate a weapon of incredible power that will hasten our inevitable victory. And then we look at you...and you, Lady Nightwind, have accomplished little but let your enemy slip out from under your very nose. A wiser student would find a better master...but then I suppose you two are a perfect match for one another."
He looked to Danika and nodded to her.
"What do you think, my dear?"

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:49 pm
" Perhaps Lady Nightwind is biding her time. She is perhaps not an up front warrior as yourself, Master. I would guess working the political angle, but I could be wrong. I'm not familiar with her methods, so I may be speaking out of turn. " Danika said. She gave a slight bow towards Nightwind to acknoweldge her. " With all due respect, Lady Nightwind. "

Danika turned back to Cinn. " I would suggest waiting to see the accomplishments of your fellow Sith, should they host an event similar to this on their own time. This is your day after all, Master. Today we celebrate your magnificence. "  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas