Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Midnight Lounge (guestbook and chatter thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 58 59 60 61 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:16 pm
Staring Berry
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Staring Berry
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Staring Berry
Kisax127
[
Technically, every religion is big on ghosts if you look into it.

You having spirit problems?

I have a friend who says hes getting haunted and one time we we're talking and i said something about how i have bin looking into wicca because my aunt used to be and he said "Don't get into that! Its very very bad! Trust me, i live with it everyday and its terrifying." and so now every time hes having ghost problems and i ask what wrong he says "go ask your aunt!"
Just because someone's Wiccan doesn't mean they're going to be haunted. If anything I would think if a Wiccan was haunted it would have nothing to do with the religion.

I know, thats what i try to tell him...
Ask him "If Wiccans were haunted because of their religion then why is the religion still around?"

I would think it would have died off with Gardner if that was happening.

he clams that hes a medium... oh ya, he also says that hes not wicca but wicca is the closet thing to whatever he is (doesn't tell me what he exactly is) so thats why is should stay out of it rolleyes
Being a medium has nothing to do with religion. And judging by what you're friend's saying he has no idea what Wicca really is.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:17 pm
Kisax127
Staring Berry
he clams that hes a medium... oh ya, he also says that hes not wicca but wicca is the closet thing to whatever he is (doesn't tell me what he exactly is) so thats why is should stay out of it rolleyes

Sounds like he's messing with stuff he shouldn't and doesn't want to tell you. I'd be careful.

Im worried about him, hes not my boyfriend but we're pretty much as close as you could possibly be with out dating  

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:21 pm
Staring Berry

Wicca is an experiential mystery religion- based on what you've said, I doubt he knows what Wicca is. At it's heart- Wicca is about worshiping and celebrating the Lord and Lady of Wicca, their mysteries are the focus, not ghosts.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:22 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Staring Berry
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Staring Berry

Ask him "If Wiccans were haunted because of their religion then why is the religion still around?"

Being a medium has nothing to do with religion. And judging by what you're friend's saying he has no idea what Wicca really is.

I ranted about that to him one time... he still says i should stay away  

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:22 pm
Kisax127
Staring Berry

Sounds like he's messing with stuff he shouldn't and doesn't want to tell you. I'd be careful.

It sounds to me more like he's just stiring up drama.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:23 pm
Esiris
Staring Berry

Wicca is an experiential mystery religion- based on what you've said, I doubt he knows what Wicca is. At it's heart- Wicca is about worshiping and celebrating the Lord and Lady of Wicca, their mysteries are the focus, not ghosts.

I explained that to him and talked about meditation and a few other things and he said "its not all about nature crap! Its more then that!"  

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:26 pm
Staring Berry

I explained that to him and talked about meditation and a few other things and he said "its not all about nature crap! Its more then that!"

It's not about "nature crap" at all- it's a fertility religion that is centered on the Lord and Lady and how Love, Death and Rebirth are part of their union and cycle.

And before you ask- Death isn't the same as "ghosts".  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:26 pm
Staring Berry

The best reason to stay away from Wicca is that you're not called to it.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:29 pm
Esiris
Staring Berry

It's not about "nature crap" at all- it's a fertility religion that is centered on the Lord and Lady and how Love, Death and Rebirth are part of their union and cycle.

thats another thing, he jumps to conclusions a lot so by meditation he thinks nature.... also i tried explaining when i was really really new to this so i didn't really know what to say  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:31 pm
Esiris
Staring Berry

what do you mean? sweatdrop  

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:31 pm
Staring Berry
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Staring Berry
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Staring Berry

All I can say is right now I'd either stay away from him or not bring it up for a while. As Esiris said, he's probably just trying to stir up drama.
And maybe I'm just messed up or something but if I saw my grandma and she wasn't trying to scare me I'd actually like that. So I don't know what the deal is with that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:33 pm
Staring Berry
Esiris
Staring Berry

thats another thing, he jumps to conclusions a lot so by meditation he thinks nature.... also i tried explaining when i was really really new to this so i didn't really know what to say
How does meditation equal nature?  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:39 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
All I can say is right now I'd either stay away from him or not bring it up for a while. As Esiris said, he's probably just trying to stir up drama.
And maybe I'm just messed up or something but if I saw my grandma and she wasn't trying to scare me I'd actually like that. So I don't know what the deal is with that.

I don't bring it up... he does, like last night i was texting him and i told him i was scared because my dad was feeling weird like he did before he had his last seizure and he said "ya i have problems like that in my house to... go ask you aunt about it"
Quote:
How does meditation equal nature?

Idk... i know a lot of people think only hippies do mediation eek  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:48 pm
Staring Berry
I don't bring it up... he does, like last night i was texting him and i told him i was scared because my dad was feeling weird like he did before he had his last seizure and he said "ya i have problems like that in my house to... go ask you aunt about it"

I think he's trying to seek attention. I can't see how your dad having a possible seizure equals what you told us what was going on with your friend. Either that or he's trying to get your to ask your aunt to help him with what's going on.

Quote:
Idk... i know a lot of people think only hippies do mediation eek
Weird. I've never heard that one before. *shrug*  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:00 pm
Staring Berry

I think this is what they call "the blind leading the blind".

Staring Berry
Esiris

what do you mean? sweatdrop

Being Wiccan means you undergo the training and initiation that is needed to serve the Lord and Lady as their clergy. A calling- the gods, mysteries, etc reaching out and asking you to know them is a good reason to become Wiccan. Not having that is the best reason to not become Wiccan.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 58 59 60 61 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games