Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply *Fantasy RPs* (Elves, Medieval, Exc)
Trial of Heros II (Important message on Pg. 59) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TY Charns
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:30 pm
((Shadows can only exist beyond light's reach. The less light, the deeper the shadow. The two touching objects would just provide cover for a flat shadow to reside. Move them apart and the shadow is overtaken by the light. Bring them back together, and another shadow is made.))

It was only when the swords made contact that Dixtel knew Tramer had teleported behind the dark host, but reaction speed saved the arachnid controller from a nasty, quick defeat, and instead left the body with just a few scratches across the back.
He is fast.

Now standing where Tramer was just at before drawing his second blade, TY casually spoke, half to himself and half to his combatant.
"Well, you can't plan ahead for everything."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:20 pm
((im not understanding your theory, if I filled my mug with a deep black coffee and no light could get to the bottom of the mug thus there is a shadow under my coffee in-between the coffee and the mug?

Now if the two objects were imperfect and had a pocket of space in-between them then in that space a shadow could and more than likely would exist, thou if a shadow can exist then light has the possibility to exist in the same space.

I specified the orbs passed thou my clothing, would my shoes not be considered clothing? ))

Smiling Tramer began to chuckle, “you right about that, thou we will soon see if I planed ahead for enough” he said razing his swords and prepared to teleport again.

Just before he could complete the spell Dericos Screamed inside his mind “YOU FOOL!! Do you think the same trick will work twice?! There is no doubt he is faster than you, even weakened as he is…you are going to have to get creative if you are to win before light spell drains you…that is unless you want to let me take over? I’d make short work of this…”

Tramer did his best to ignore Dericos most the time, thou in this circumstance he was right, for the most part at lest. Lowering his swords he began to drag the tips agents the ground carving a series of runes, the spell was very complicated and required a large and intricate spell circle, not that Tramer intended on finishing it, thou he hoped it would prompted Ty to the make the next move, he had yet to truly see what the Shadow benders capabilities were under his spell, and he didn’t want to pull any of his trump cards till he new he had no other alternatives.  

Tramer
Crew

TY Charns
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:33 pm
((Yes. Yes to everything you have just said.
Fill a mug with black coffee and a shadow can rest in between them.
And yes, light could be there in the same spot, if either the liquid and/or mug were transparent or even semi-transparent.
If there was a pocket of space in between the objects, shadows and/or light could nest there, but they don't need the pocket of space to exist there because neither light nor shadows have a volume.
And yes, I would consider shoes to be clothing, but in all fairness, this is the first time any of you have mentioned your characters wearing shoes.))

It took a moment before Dixtrel realized what Tramer was doing, as she was temporarily blinded due to the multitude of light orbs, but as soon as it was figured out, TY's body only had time to utter the words "Too slow!" before he had dashed over to Tramer. In one fluid movement, he leapt into the air and sent his rough, left foot at Tramer's wrists, right foot up at his jaw line and dragged his right hand against the ground for both stability and to erase part of the pictographic ruins being drawn into the earth.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:21 pm
((true, light and shadow take up no volume, thou I don’t agree that a shadow would exist in-between two flush objects, there is no shadow, there are only the two objects. Thou I could see all this falling under the same category as “if a tree falls down in the forest, and there is no one nor thing to hear it, did it make a sound?” many would say yes, because even thou there was not any one to hear it there is no doubting it made vibrations in the air that would have been sound. Thou if you looked at the technical definition of sound, sound can only exist if it is perceived, so if there was nothing in the area to perceive the sound then the answer to that age old question would be no it didn’t.

The way im looking at this is that a shadow is basically the absence of light, if you have any given space were light has the possibility to exist and yet doesn’t or is obstructed then you have a shadow, if you have a space were light cant exist for what ever resign or time, then you have no possibility of a shadow existing.

Back to mug and coffee scenario, a non-translucent mug, and pur black coffee, once the coffee is in the mug there is no longer any way for light to exist in the bottom of the mug, it cant penetrate either the coffee nor the mug, saying there is a shadow in-between the mug and the coffee is the same to me as saying if I took a solid slab of metal and concluded there was no light penetrating into the metal then there must be a shadow existing inside the metal…which I hope we both agree there would not be a shadow inside a solid peace of metal…

Thou your right about the shoes, I guess I just assumed people would assume I was wearing shoes.

Now to everyone else in the RP! GET MOVING BEFORE HE KILLS ME!! burning_eyes I don’t care who takes over leading the group into the hive, thou someone make a post, ninja OR SO HELP ME!! scream …ummm sweatdrop …well, I guess I don’t know what I would do? question …thou im shore it would be horrific! twisted ))

Just as the right foot made first contact with his jaw Tramer teleported away out of pure instinct, appearing about five feet back he rubbed his jaw for a moment impressed at Tys speed,

“Teleporting isn’t going to work…” he thought to himself trying to come up with some kind of strategy allowing his to defeat Ty without killing him, a task that was proving rather difficult, “he’ll just be able to dodge my attacks in the time it takes me to move my swords…"

“at one moment you impress me…the next…” Dericos commented, “why only use one type of magic at a time? Combined your spells…ow, ya…you don’t have enough energy on your own to do that for long” he said smugly, “if you plan on wining this fight this is what you do, continue teleporting, never stay in the same place for any longer than it takes for you to complete your attack, with that you have three choices to enhance your attacks, one you simply enhance your speed, by far the most costly energy wise… secant you increase the number of blades attacking your foe, summoning several ghost swords would be a simple task thou still fairly expensive, last you could empower your blades with the elements, passing devastation to a large area, hopefully far enough to catch are fast little friend” Dericos continued.

Tramer grinded his teeth getting knowing the risks of using so much energy form his swords in such a short time, thou what choice did he have? There was no telling how long it would take the others to track down and kill Ty’s controller. Added to that he was getting tired, between the light spell, the energy he had used killing spiders getting into the hive and the few teleports he had done so far he was finding himself at the end of his rope.

Coming to a diction he razed his swords, closing his eyes frost began to form on the blades, “come now…tell me your name? I don’t know why thou it bugs me not to know who I am really fighting” he asked his eyes still closed.  

Tramer
Crew

TY Charns
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:05 am
((lol (and I actually did)

I'm sorry, I'm too busy silently laughing to formulate my thoughts into words.))

Contact was made, that much was certain. Though the target vanished nearly immediately, probably via teleportation, reducing the damage significantly.
((I don't know why, but my auto spell checker doesn't like the word "teleportation". It wants me to replace it with either "deportation" or "temptation".
It doesn't like "teleport" either.))
Pushing against the ground, TY was able to over-balance himself back onto his feet again. Pausing for a moment, he listened to see if he could hear his adversary or had managed to make him flee. He was nearly ready to relax when Tramer's voice called out to him.
"Come now… tell me your name. I don’t know why, though it bugs me not to know who I am really fighting.”
"My name? Heh. If that is your weakness, then I think I'll keep it to myself. Maybe I'll tell you when this is all said and done. Then it can haunt you every moment for the rest of your life. With me in control of your body!"
As he spoke, he reached down and blindly picked up a chunk of earth which he promptly lobbed in the direction Tramer's voice came from.

((As fun as this may be, I think a fight between Clover with full control of her light powers against TY would be enthralling.
Though they could work well as a team too... but that's just too boring and simple for me.))
((Not to mention, maurikal's too much of a "good-guy" at heart to make a nice super-villain along side me.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:29 am
((I agree, a fight between you two would be very interesting, thou you two teaming up…MY GOD!!))

Ducking Tramer narrowly dodged the projectile thrown at him, “take over my body?” he said with a laugh, thou at the same time a idea came to him, risky thou possible, back in the clearing when a spider bit him Dericos literally eradicated the mind of the invading arachnid, what if he just let this spider try and take over his body? Then again this spider was probably much stronger than the previous, so in the end he decided agents such a recluse plan, “your going to have to get in line if that is your goal” Tramer continued just before vanishing.

Reappearing right in front of Ty, his eyes still closed he trusted forward with both blades, a blast of subzero air emanating from the swords.  

Tramer
Crew

Orin Dragoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:21 am
((holy shi- it took me forever to read all that. and it was only a page, remind me never to take a break from RPing... now i get to spend another hour wrighting a paragragh.... ohh and I think on foxliths last post she made a point of disaming the host childrens))

Shmitty watched as Rosette caught a blade in her arm and was inpressed she didnt make a peep, her vines at this point ensnareing the rest of the infected kids.
"I dont know how to get ridd of the spiders hold over them. I have an idea but I nee-..." just as he was speaking a spider jumped down from the top of the cave behind them.
Shmitty reacted quikly, unsheething his sword with a full swing at the attacker, the blade swung low and sliced right threw the spiders four front of eigh legs. the spider then fell fast first to the ground and before it could make a sound he lifted his heavy boot and brought it down upon its skull, leaving the spiders head like a broken egg.
he wiped his foot in the dirt before turning back to rosette. "is your arm ok?" he asked in a soft voice as he thought about his plan
~in his head he had flash backs when he was first fighting with his sword agenst the giant scorpion that his clan fought regurly... he remeberd thats when his sword first talked to him after he lost.... he was striken by the giant scorpions stinger and left to die with a body full of poisin. his sword saved him with the healing spell it contaned, the spell cured his body from the invading poisin.. what if it would work agenst the spiders conroling bite~ just then his sword began to talk to him, rosette only hearing a strange humming from the sword in his hand. " I now what your thinking boy and its worth a try" shmitty just nodded silently before putting his attention back to Rosette. "we should probably knock out the kids and leave them, I have an idea to get the rid of the spiders controle but kids would get in the way if we free them now.... we must find Clover first" he said to Rosette as he smelled the air for any trace of clover "wait do you smell that"

((K theres my post, sorry it took me years to get a post in. hope i didnt move to fast along...
ohh and welecome back Cap. Fox... you should probably return in a way that ties in with how you left... remember you vanished into a poof of smoke. I dont know, just a thought ))  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:02 pm
((Yes, she claimed to disarm them of their weapons, but nothing else. She never specified what she did with the knives. For all we know, she may have just knocked them aside and they are now laying on the ground within reach of the children or any other opposing forces... such as Clover, perhaps.
I see her practically every day offline, and am both her elder and teacher, so I can nag about her messed up little details.))

This time, Dixtrel/TY could tell in his voice when Tramer was about to attack, and was ready when he vanished.
Still sight handicapped, he dropped to the ground and swung his feet out in front of him to trip Tramer should he reappear close enough to him.
Unfortunately, as he was handicapped thus, he could only feel too late the blast of air Tramer sent out from his blades. Already on the ground, he managed to be lucky enough to escape the brunt of the attack, but was still pushed back slightly into the earth. A good portion of his robes, around his shoulders and torso, were shredded and frozen past their frayed ends.
Agitated, agrivated, and a little anxious to use the same moves herself, Dixtrel forced her host to his knees, fighting against the new weight of the insta-ice that had formed around him. Luckily for her, neither arachnid nor dark host could feel the effects that the cold would have on most other bodies.

((Meanwhile, I wonder what's happening with Ezorin and Larien...
...and Epotheros...
cough, cough, hint, hint))  

TY Charns
Crew

Foxkilth

Devoted Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:24 pm
((... For the story line, let us say I have them on my person. (So I now have 5 from the kids and only 1 of mine.) Oh and Rosette isn't wearing shoes))

Looking at Shmitty's humming sword, Rosette gently sniffed the moving air. Giving a swift nod, Rosette quickly replied to her fellow fox. "Yes. If you mean Miss Clover's sent growing stronger. Then I think I do." Brushing long brown hair out of her eyes, Rosette turned in a circle to find out where the smell was coming from. "And yes, my arm shall be fine in time. Thank you for your thoughts. How are you holding up?"

((I thought my picture of Rosette had longer hair. Darn... I'm going with the words more so then the pic. Sorry)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:53 pm
((*points to conversation between Tramer and Ty as brains come dribbling out her ear* burning_eyes That is way tooo complicated for me..))

Larien had been making her way down the tunnel just fine until the children stopped Rosette and Shmitty. More spiders had figured out that they were not the only ones who could climb up walls. It was slow and difficult to keep them off of her while hanging from the ceiling and space was getting smaller each foot she went.

As she stabbed her small knife into the large eye of a spider the hairs on her neck stood on end. She could sence her somewhere, Clover's aura was close. She could not pinpoint her and by now Tramer was long gone.
"So much for that plan." She thought to herself.
Calling down to Shmitty she hoped he could hear her.
"Clover is close, I have to find her!"

Letting go of the ceiling she flipped herself like a cat and landed on her feet and thrusting two knives out arms length killed two more spiders.
Her sister was near and she was in trouble. This meant war.

Strideing down the dark tunnel she streatched her mind out and kept all her sences alert for any sign of Clover. Not too far away from where Shmitty and Rosette were fighting the children she had found her. Keeping her back to the wall Larien had no idea if the spider could feel her pressance like Larien could feel Clovers. She was hoping that Clover was the only one able to feel that bond.  

Ryu` Ketsueki
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Orin Dragoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:54 pm
((Ty and Tramers conversation was funny... my thoughts on this are... you have two simple peaces of paper, somthing is drawn on one of them. they get closer and closer to each other theres a shadow building between them, intell they touch you can see the picture threw the blank peace of paper, so no shadow but, if you take two dencer peaces of matriel like metal or rocks and put them together there wouldnt be any light but no space for a shadow because they are touching but whos to say... the shadow could be paper thick...... OMG Brocilie beleave it or not its a desease.... wait))

Shmitty nodded to Rosette "I smell her too... Im in good condition. Ty's contoler put me threw some practise at these freaks" taking deep breathes he knocked each one of the controled children in the back of there tiny skulls, knocking them out cold.
he herd Larien "I know she is I found her sent threw the blood... were is she do you see her... I thinkI can help her but if it fails you and Rosette must find the spiders controleing her and ty, while I hold her back... you have to trust I wont hurt her" he said as he turned to find a spider and reacted by sending a firey fist threw the spider. he watched the dead corpse fall before looking up to Larien, he saw her eyes fixed to somthing, he followed the direction "shes over there isnt she" he took a couple steps towards the wall before it turned off "come out and show yourself"

(((Edited... forgot to answer apart of rosettes quistion)))  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:14 pm
Falling hard onto his back as Ty kicked his feet from under him Tramer let out a loud gasp, for a brief moment the lights that illuminated the area dimmed, it was only due to pure luck that Tramer managed to keep a grasp over his spell. Taking several painful gasps of air he looked up toward Ty to confirm his position.

“GET UP!!” Dericos yelled.

As quickly as the light dimmed the it grew back to its full intercity, at the same moment Tramer vanished from laying of the ground.

Appearing behind Ty he made a downward swing, not aiming for Ty himself thou bringing his swords down on both sides of the shadow bender, the frigid air from his own swords creating frost on his knuckles.

When he was choosing his method of attack he quickly ruled out many of the most efficient magics right off the bat, simply because they had no method of stopping an appoint without killing them, then ice came to mind, the damage to Ty’s body should be minimal were as it would be able to slow him down and possibly trap him in a frigid cage of ice.  

Tramer
Crew

Tramer
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:33 pm
((YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN!! I’ll hunt you down were ever you go! There will be no place to hide! And when I do find you…ow…sorry, wrong number….

Thou, while I’m here, were did everyone go? We were being so active for a bit there and then…well, everyone seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth or something…))  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:16 pm
((Ah, hun... I am just waiting for Clover to reply.. lol))  

Ryu` Ketsueki
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Dressed Up 200
*Fantasy RPs* (Elves, Medieval, Exc)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers