Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:03 pm

Its controversy as to what Palps did to keep his "youthful" appearance.

It usually has to do with lightning. Palps got fried, and was changed. Some say its a property of getting hit with the lightning, others say it simply destroyed his disguised. But Anakin's eyes turned yeller and he wasn't zapped. Also, jedi don't get uglier...

So the strongest theory on Palps is that he used the force to disguise his true identity, and when hit by lightning, it was destroyed. Of course, the question would be why not disguise himself again? I like to think that this is doubly useful, as now Palps had a justified excuse for Order 66. Talk to a bunch of idiot senators who know nothing of the force, blame the attack, show an uglified face, and win the hearts over.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:32 pm

That's exactly what he did. Use his uglyness to sway the senators, I mean. "The attempt on my life has left me scarred . . ."

In a purely physical sense, Palpatine's face was deformed by the lightning - the novelization goes into detail about flesh bubbling and bones melting. But symbolically, of course, the lightning removes the "mask" of Palpatine and reveals the Sith within. When Sidious looks at his new face for the first time in the book, he says something about how "I will miss the face of Palpatine, but for our purposes, the face of Sidious will serve."

Durza the Shade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:01 pm

Yes, but lightning doesn't decay teeth or turn one's eyes yellow. It hurts, but Palps was already an old man. So who knows.

I wish I knew someone who could draw lightning for avatars... Heck, if I knew how to do avatar lightsabers, I'd really be happy. I could work on another installment of the comic..
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:12 pm

alright nelo, remember that gun from way back? i'm redesigning it; this has more of a fabrique nationale feel to it. it uses flechettes rather than bullets, which are smaller. the ammo box is inserted in a similar way as before, but now a door opens to recieve it and is shut closed before the rounds are loaded (sealed, more reliable). jammed rounds are dropped through a device on the bottom, the rest are fired normally.

the grenade launcher on top utilizes new metal storm technology. it loads up to 3 20mm or 40mm rounds per barrel, and requires only electricity, rather than a complex trigger mechanism

here's the uninked sketch (except for 3 guidlines in the middle)

User Image

Nospai Deathous

HereticX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:06 am

Hey, you think cool possessions for Chidee might include first edition (or the originals) or Palpatine's The Dark Side Compendium? That'd be something to see on Oprah's Book Club xd

As for the gun, cool.
I heard that flechetes were pretty good at punching through body armor, but they didn't cause much trauma going through, as they were pretty small and light.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:30 am

eh, they move much faster; if their velocity is increased, so is their force... and also the mags are expanded considerably. maybe being hit by one won't be too dibilitating, but being hit by a lot will.

and Nelo, here's a little something i did in an attempt to add a saber to your avi..

User Image

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:56 pm

They have eletronic triggers, nospai. I have one on my precision pistol.

The only problem with such devices is that they tend to be fragile.

As for the lightsaber, That's pretty neat... except I'm not in jedi garb to make it look great.... How do you get the "glow effect"? I can do everything besides that... Its just that glowing that kills me. i can't redeye the thing... is it like spraypaint or something?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:55 pm

Well, here comes the showtrial of Gaia.

Still, I say that Ian is far too powerful to be left alive. I don't think we can really bring him to trial.

Then again, this could be a ploy by the Gambino's to gain more power; after Ian's trial, he Gaianactic Court will be dissolved.

Oh and..."MORDO says all humans are guilty and deserving of horrible death!"

HereticX

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:11 pm

I like Ian.

His luck is about as good as mine... and I like buying things from his store. go kill gino and bring me gambino!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:12 pm

I say we sentence Ian. Just to shut up his Bajillion GCD fanthreads.

Secondly, I love how the light on that saber reflects onto the Roro.

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:20 pm

I like Ian. He runs the poorhouse. But no matter who wins, you'll either have gino fanthreads or ian fanthreads... and I think Ians just going to get socked in the polls. Too many fangirls for Gino.

As for the lightsaber, I like the reflection on the glasses...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:07 pm

The reflection is cool, period.

Maybe ND could open a shop up in the guild?

FrozenPhoenix32

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:24 pm

thanks, guys! it was a lot faster and easier than i thought.. nelo, all you need is the line tool to make a base (like in the movies, the sticks they used) new layer, and paintbrush with varying transperencies for the color of your choice. lighting and reflections are done with airbrush and varying transperencies.

i can make a 'jedi nelo' easily, if it's in the same pose. same goes for anyone. if you wanna more dynamic pose, it'll take an iddy bit more time.or maybe not... i'll hafta see.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:31 pm

I suck with photoshop. I just tried what you said..nooot even close.

FrozenPhoenix32

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:50 pm

ah well, i just did you too.

User Image

=3
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games