Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sirus Jin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:26 am
Af Mas
Okay, so after being awake for a little over 40 hours, I finally got a good night's rest. A good 10 hour sleep made me feel a lot better. I still have no idea what caused this bout on insomnia, and I still might see the doctor if this happens at all again, but right now, I'm just glad I managed to sleep

That's pretty scary...I'm glad you were able tog et some sleep  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:54 pm
My day has partially been ruined =/

Winter parking is in effect until March in this state. So I don't usually park on the street when I come home from where ever. I came home from work yesterday and someone had parked in my spot on the driveway, and someone else was already using the other spot, so I had no choice but to park on the street. Now the way winter parking works is that you have to be parked on the side of the street where the numbers are even or odd, depending on the next day. So today is the 28th. I was supposed to be parked on the other side of the street. I wasn't, because at the time I made a mental note to move the car later. Well, I fell asleep before I could make that happen, so I woke up this morning remembering that I didn't move my car. I was expecting a ticket and I figured that was alright. It's an extra $10, no big deal really.

I found the ticket, after it apparently had been blown off my car, and what are they fining me? $30! Thirty dollars for parking on the wrong side of the street! $10 would've been reasonable, but thirty! I'm going to call tomorrow to contest this, because this is just bullshit. There is really no reason to fine me that much, and considering the situation, the guest who took my spot in the first place, I feel like I should make them pay for it =/  

Af Mas

FogSage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:15 pm
My dad is much better. His leg seems to be healing quickly, and a day or so after the surgery he was up and about on his walker.

When I go over to visit him, we go through the same thing.

"Hi Dad, how're you doing?"
"Fine. And you?"
"Good. *insert inane comment about weather, sports, or recent shopping purchases here.*"
"That's good. Uhhh..."
"........yeah. Um, listen, I gotta go. See ya!"

And that's it. xp It didn't used to be this way. But now it is, and it's awkward.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:02 pm
Af Mas
My day has partially been ruined =/

Winter parking is in effect until March in this state. So I don't usually park on the street when I come home from where ever. I came home from work yesterday and someone had parked in my spot on the driveway, and someone else was already using the other spot, so I had no choice but to park on the street. Now the way winter parking works is that you have to be parked on the side of the street where the numbers are even or odd, depending on the next day. So today is the 28th. I was supposed to be parked on the other side of the street. I wasn't, because at the time I made a mental note to move the car later. Well, I fell asleep before I could make that happen, so I woke up this morning remembering that I didn't move my car. I was expecting a ticket and I figured that was alright. It's an extra $10, no big deal really.

I found the ticket, after it apparently had been blown off my car, and what are they fining me? $30! Thirty dollars for parking on the wrong side of the street! $10 would've been reasonable, but thirty! I'm going to call tomorrow to contest this, because this is just bullshit. There is really no reason to fine me that much, and considering the situation, the guest who took my spot in the first place, I feel like I should make them pay for it =/
I had to shell out $200 after my uncle's boyfriend got my uncle's car towed....He didn't want to tell my uncle about it cause he was embarrassed, and he knew that my uncle would be PISSED........He promised he'd pay me back, and besides my uncle was on a business trip, so if I didn't help get the car out then and there it would cost $500 and we'd still be carless until my uncle got back with the checkbook.

Needless to say he never really actually paid me back, so I told my uncle about it.....got my money back just in time for Christmas! heart  

Manda_Tifa

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:03 am
*cue appropriate Lion King music*
This is the moooooorning report, this is the moooooorning report ~

Kay, so, yeah. I'm doing much better now. It was a... rough ride getting here though. If anyone wwants to read all this, please go grab a drink. Or a plushie. Wall of text incoming. o.o"

Anyways... friday I learned I was being thrown out of my apartment on Sunday. Ome tried sending me money via Pat since he's the only one of us two who got the Paypal thing to actually connect to our bank. Desjardins still being complete morons with mine, and now I have no choice but to continue with them, but yeah... Pat's phone was defective and I couldn't contact him. His car was having issues too, so he couldn't really get to me either. Soooo that really didn't help at all.

All the while... I was stuck at home, halfway between moving from apartment 11 to 9, with my stuff in two different apartments. I had been eating one meal per day... wasn't even playing videogames anymore, I just couldn't really find the fun I used to have in doing it. I Hadn't drawn in a hellishly long time either. And...

I had to come home to my internet being cut off. Took two days to figure that one out. Called tech support... they tell me the line is suspended. It was 2 am. Then I had to wait till 9 am to call billing to see what was going on. APPARENTLY, the bill hadn't been paid in 6 months. Problem here is that I wasn't really supposed to PAY in the first place, because when I signed up for hte internet I had given them a sample, barred-out check so they could actually take the payment money right out of my account.

Who's to blame? Take a wild guess. I look up the checks, and the ones Desjardins gave me don't even have the right account number on them. And Bell Canada NEVER called me to say "Hey, the bill isn't being paid". Go go corporate business world, how I loathe thee so very, VERY much. Needless to say I call the crediting bureau to find out I owe them 153$. YAY.

So I was prettymuch already broke to begin with, but now I had the TV bill not paid, my internet was cut off and not paid, and if I wanted to stay another month I needed to shell out a whopping 630$ for another month in a one and a halfer. :/
More than anything though, I was cut off from Tom, Ome, Caitie, Pat/Phox and Kitten. My entire moral support had just gone up in smoke just like that. So I'm sitting there in my apartment, hungry, alone, jobless, worried, bored, depressed and... well, you get the picture.

I was REALLY stressed because more than anything, I wanted to find a shelter so I wouldn't be stuck outside at -25C in the canadian winter. Especially not in sneakers and pants that are too short for me. D:
So, friday night, I put on some gloves and a headband, ran out with my coat and started my trek to find the community center for the Rosemont area. I ran around the city asking for directions for... 3 hours. Didn't really get much results either, it's like I was the only one who knew it even existed. At one point I got to a gas station, and I asked the guy. He told me to use his phone and cal 411 for the number, and even the Bell Directory Service didn't list them. (Wtf?) But meanwhile, a girl came in and the clerk asked her, and she knew where it was. There was a taxi driver there at the time, and he offered to take me to the address since he knew where that corner was... and the gas station guy gave me a chocolate bar for free as a good luck parting gift. Was sweet of him. :3

But yeah. Upon ARRIVING there, low and behold, it's... NOT... the community center. It was actually the CULTURAL center, with a basement area open for teens. >.O So yeah. I still went in, luckily they were still open at the time and I asked inside for help. It took a bit, but the lady there gave me a small info card with helpful numbers and stuff. It wasn't muhc per se, but... it was better than nothing. Came in quite handy later on though... VERY handy.

I asked for directions again, and I walked back home. Scrounged up 6$ worth of quarters I had dropped in the couch so I could order some food... thank god for that pocket dimension underneath the couch cushions... but yeah. I was pretty much... worried about what to do next. So I called one of the youth shelters and set up an application with them. Would of been 6 months of staying there, with counciling and help to get back on my feet. I guess that was a good enough deal.

So I used my cellphone to hop on messenger... which is likely going to cost me a fortune later on, but oh well, at least I could get in contact with my loves. So from there on I had a bit of a talk with them, tried to figure out what we were going to do from there on... and then I tried to get some sleep, since I couldn't really do anything else. Couldn't sleep, so I tried drawing... drew a comic page, and THEN got some sleep. At the time I was so depressed I didn't even really fathom how much of a good thing it was that I was actually drawing again.

After that... well, saturday rolled in. I spent much of the day just trying to sleep, because I wasn't going to get an answer from the shelter until monday. Slept... woke up, slept... woke up, tried sleeping again... woke up. And so on so forth until about... 9pm-ish.

At that point I couldn't sleep anymore. I was just... laying there on the couch. I had my computer plugged back up and siting on my little wooden chest thing, playing some music. I was confused, depressed... like... REALLY depressed, and really unsure of how to go with things. I tried getting on messenger with my cellphone again, and talked with Tom and Caitie for a bit... and I think I pretty much went suicidal on them, I guess. I couldn't really see any point to my existance anymore. I just felt like one big, worthlesss waste of oxygen.

...and then I realized I'd been staring at the knife sitting across the room for the last three hours. Felt like the realisation of the century to me and I panicked because I was scared of hurting myself... fell off the couch and started padding around the room trying to find the info card I was given the day before. Called a youth help phoneline so I could actually TALK to someone and next thing I know, I'm throwing the knife into a drawer and marcing outside to get out of the apartment. Being alone and depressed was making me lose my mind... first the police came, they had me empty my pockets in case I'd go violent on them, and then an ambulance came to take me to the hospital after I talked with the police lady for a while. Talked with the ambulance guy for a bit, and, procedures aside, I spent the night at the hospital's emergency mental ward.

Heh... never thought I'd actually end up in there. For half a moment I felt like it was the Patch Adams story all over again or something. The watch guy there was looking at me and asking why I was laughing on my own... talked with him about that for a bit. They asked me to go to bed... but I didn't really sleep much at all during the night. KInda worried them a bit too, I was sleeping maybe... 15 minutes, then spent 2 hours just sitting up on the bed. Did some sit-ups. Braided some of my bangs at one point, so I spent the rest of the next day with a braid hanging in front of my face.

After morning came by, I just... sat ther in the "common room" and didn't really do anything. I was just being quiet and looking around for a few hours. Then I saw one of the other patients with a blue pencil, and asked him for it when he was done. Grabbed a page out of a picture book they had there, and I started drawing in the margins. When the second watchguy saw me draw he figured he'd bring me some actual paper and some pencils since I wasn't trying to stab myself or anyone with the blue one... which they had no idea how the other guy got int he first place. Odd.

So I just... sat there, and drew. 7 hours straight.
Drew my fursona. Then an airship. Then I drew a group pic of all my old highschool friends, and then a little coastal steampunk-ish town. The other people there thought it was really nice. One of the watchguys and a security officer actually sat down and talked to me about drawing for a bit. I dunno... at that point... I didn't really worry about anything anymore. Just... me... and a pencil... and paper. Ended with me signing and dedicating my fursona drawing to the watchguy's daughter who was trying to learn to draw manga herself, and I gave the airship one to a patient. He seemed to like the idea of flying boats. Said it was ingeniously creative. The security guy was happy with that too, it was keeping the guy quiet, he had been disgruntled and causing trouble all morning before that, so I just talked with him about random stuff.

I finally got around to my turn at seeing the psych there. Told her about my situation and everything related to it. The whole... melting pot of worries that had been troubling me lately. They asked me if I wanted to take up psych appointments wiht them... which made me laugh, since I'd been TRYING to get appointments with a psych for the last 4 years! But yeah... they gave me a reference number and by 3pm I was walking out of the hospital on my own and heading back to the apartment. One of the ladies there gave me subway tickets so I wouldn't have to WALK all the way back.

On getting there, I find my apartment EMPTY.
My parents had come and taken everything back to small town middle-of-nowhere. sweatdrop

Nyeh.
So I called them, and just gave in. More than anything... I think I just needed time to relax and... start enjoying my old hobbies again. Everything's just become a chore for venting lately... I haven't really been enjoying anything much of what I do.

My mom came to get me later that night. I didn't even bother to yell or anything when she started at me.
- "Mom, I just came about 5 inches away from killing myself. Can't you just be happy I'm still alive?"
...she just shut up. And didn't yell at me or anything on the way back.

I spent the rest of the night watching cartoons with my brother., and helping him with some Lego models. Woke up this morning when his alarm clock went off and... here I am. Having coffee, with my cat almost sitting on my face because he's almost like GLUED to me ever since I walked into the house.

I dunno now. There's a restaurant in town looking for someone to help in the kitchens and doing that at McDonald's is surely gonna get me bonus points on getting the job. Not to mention being available 24/7 when their sign says it's an urgent need. If I don't get the job... well, I guess life isn't done tormenting me. Meh.

I started emptying one of the unused rooms downstairs. My brother just used that room to store all the Legos. I gave him my collection when I hit about 15 and he's been growing it since, so it's a pretty insane collection so far. We're building up all the old models I used to have, so it's helping me relax a bit, and then when we're done emptying the room I'm gonna build up my desk again and set up my computer in there.

I really don't know how to feel about all this. Honestly I'm still a bit llost and confused, but at least I'm still alive, so I guess that's a good thing.
I'll just... relax a bit. And try to get back on track with things.

~ Doomie.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:40 am
That's quite the story to start a day on. Damn near had me in tears sis. That is really scary to hear, and I really hope something works out for you  

Af Mas

FogSage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:50 am
Glad you're all right, Doomie. So you're living with your parents again? I know you don't intend to stay there for long, but perhaps it would be wise to stay there, despite it being a miserable place. At least you have running water, electricity, and a place to sleep there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:57 am
Doomie's life seems full of major ups and downs. I hope that one day soon she finds herslf traveling down a smoother road.  

Selene Aries

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:14 am
Diana Vulpes
Doomie's life seems full of major ups and downs. I hope that one day soon she finds herslf traveling down a smoother road.

Yeah. If anything... it's helping me get ready to face on the rest of life.

Hopefully when I can finally move in with Ome, be it here in Canada or in the USA, we can finally get some time to relax together and see the rest of our plans through.

For now though... just... a really big bowl of soup for me. And some Loreena McKennitt music to relax on. Lovely voice that woman has ~ heart

FogSage
Glad you're all right, Doomie. So you're living with your parents again? I know you don't intend to stay there for long, but perhaps it would be wise to stay there, despite it being a miserable place. At least you have running water, electricity, and a place to sleep there.

I would have gotten the same thing and counciling service at the youth help center, but right now I think I just need time to relax. My parents kinda finally got the picture to cut me some slack and they aggreed to let me turn the Lego room into "My" own room, after a long grueling 5 years of being roomless at home. So now if things get harsh for me I'll actually have a place to retreat to and reflect on things.

I've started drawing again, so I think exploring that a bit might be for the best too. Out of the 4 drawings I did at the mental wardthough I've only got the scenic steampunk town one left, as I signed off and dedicated the other 3 to someone who works there and two patients.

It's been a LONG time since I've drawn and actually been happy and enjoying it, so getting back to the city life would likely just tear that down again. Some time out here in the middle-of-nowhere with a part time job sounds like a good way to get myself back in shape.

Y'know, play some games with my brother. See old friends. DDR. Get back into drawing my comic... which I finally managed to draw a good intro to after so many months of stressing myself out trying to figure out how to do it.

My printer/scanner and computer aren't hooked up again yet, so it'll be a bit before I can show off the new drawn stuff, and I thinkI'll wait till I get the comic pages coloured before I post them. God knows it's been ages since I've coloured anything. If this one doesn't flunk after 8 pages like my last comic (http://misunderstood.comicgenesis.com if anyone was wondering about it sicne I bring it up often) then maybe I might be looking at finally getting one of my life goals back on track.

Af Mas
That's quite the story to start a day on. Damn near had me in tears sis. That is really scary to hear, and I really hope something works out for you

Sorry to have you guys all worried. Things have been rough, but I think I can settle down and relax for a bit now. I'll be getting a new sat dish and getting that hooked up at home, so I'll get to enjoy cartoons with my sister, something I haven't really had time to do much before because my parents didn't take the family package for their cable service.

Gonna have to reason things out with Bell about the internet since I can't really have it connected here, but I figure they won't mind canceling ONE contract out of 3 if I keep the other two.
Besides, it'll be better for them than me declaring bankruptcy and them not getting a single cent from me anymore, since there's now a wyhopping 0$ worth of stuff left to seize at my apartment! (minimum is 6000$ of possessions I can keep, and I didn't even have 1000$'s worth when my stuff was still there. The most expensive thing was my computer, and the warranties are all void on it since me and Phox modded the BIOS for the hardware settings on it. Lawl.)

Sorry Bell Canada, GG. wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:54 am
Well hale-frishken-lujiah. Finally getting some good on my end.

Thanks to my stay at the mental ward, as funny as it is thinking of that as a good thing, I now have the number of the psych bureau at the CHUM, so I've been able to call back and get the details for my old psych appointment demand. It was even the same lafdy who first answered me who picked, so she recognized the details of the demand and gave me all the information I needed.

I called the other department, which deals with sexual identity and orientation issues, and finally got to leave my name and details there for a possible appointment, with not one but TWO phonenumbers to contact me again, as well as referral names and everything. FINALLY.

Now I just need to wait on a call back from them, and I might FINALLY be on my way to getting that one step through the doorway done.

On the other hand, I just had to deal with being transferred around a few dozen times with Bell Sympatico/Mobility/ExpressVu and their crediting office in Ontario to get my account stuff settled, but it came out all good.
Being I needed to get the internet account unblocked to be able to do anything with it, I used my new credit card to get that out of the way settled things with them and I'm now officially NOT a member for that anymore. Woo, no more unpaid internet bills. Worst of all of it is... I just had 6 months of highspeed internet for 153$. MY parents pay 70 just for one month. Soooo there's a 100$ contract ending fee... but that's not much considering how much I saved. Cha-ching. ^.~

But I'm still broke. >> sweatdrop
Ah well, at least that bill won't be getting any bigger anymore.

On the other and, I also managed to get them to come and set up a new sat dish for FWEE. Wednesday the tech guy's gonna come and plug my TV downstairs up with sweet, sweet 24h cartoon channels. 6 of them. O:
And got my adress changed for billing and everything, and I'm keeping the cellphone.

So yeah... that's two things settled.
Now to find the address for the restaurant in town that's hiring. If they're sticking me in the kitchen, it'll be just like MCDonald's all over again.

...'cept there's not as many schooling-less teens ready to work 24/7 out here, so no more fear of getting less than 10 hours/week. Whoo.  

Sonya Khatsworth

Af Mas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:23 am
That's some good news, sis. Hope everything finally starts going better for you now. You've got lots of moral support, as always, and we'll stick by you forever.

I got an email from my dad this morning saying he had the balance on my credit card transfered over to one of his cards, one with a smaller, less a**-raping interest fee. Apparently, my card had an almost 20% interest rate, so I really wasn't making my progress in paying it off, and now it's on his with 5%, and now we'll finally be able to nuke some of that debt, so, that's some good news there.

Other than that...Heh, took me an hour to fall asleep last night. I finally managed to sleep after taking a sleep-aid and more or less just passed out, but I woke up just zonked. Felt more like I was tranquilized than eased into rest  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:48 am
Af Mas
That's some good news, sis. Hope everything finally starts going better for you now. You've got lots of moral support, as always, and we'll stick by you forever.

I got an email from my dad this morning saying he had the balance on my credit card transfered over to one of his cards, one with a smaller, less a**-raping interest fee. Apparently, my card had an almost 20% interest rate, so I really wasn't making my progress in paying it off, and now it's on his with 5%, and now we'll finally be able to nuke some of that debt, so, that's some good news there.

Other than that...Heh, took me an hour to fall asleep last night. I finally managed to sleep after taking a sleep-aid and more or less just passed out, but I woke up just zonked. Felt more like I was tranquilized than eased into rest

Get on MSN. I'll send you some Loreena McKennitt. Her voice does miracles wiht helping me sleep and relax lately. O:  

Sonya Khatsworth

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:49 am
So, I'm going to get the normal female ball pythons on wednsday. YeY! Well, while E-mailing with Simon Tang of Reddragonherps.com (who I got Anry from) about when we were going to go get the females. We settled on wednsday,becaues we're taking Axle to a class/test thing that rainey suggested (and we got one free.) so we'll get to go up there.... AND SEE SIMON'S ANIMALS!! he's got a pied female now, and alot of GTPs. Eee! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:02 am
Wow, Doomie...what a week for you! You had me worried there, but I'm glad you're okay. Back where you started is a lot better than being nowhere at all. I wish you the best of luck, kiddo.... heart  

Manda_Tifa

Crenn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:36 pm
Since the topic of credit cards has come up, I'll like to point anyone who has a credit card or is planning to get one to this topic on one of my other forums:

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6118

It's long and boring, but it's useful.

Oh yeah, things have happened at home, but I won't bother posting it.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games