Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iKuumi

Lonely Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:52 am
xd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:57 am
iKuumi
xd

*pets*

According to the plot they give us, Revan and Malak were already borderline Dark when they went into the galaxy and stumbled across Dromuund Kaas. They were 'brainwashed' (bullshit), and sent back out to take over. Revan was still pretty much the de-facto military leader of the Republic, so he just took up the fleet that was still around, started mass producing it out of the Star Forge he discovered, and then got to work. By the time he starts his war though, Revan is working against the Sith, avoiding major military targets and focusing on converting enemies instead of destroying them, that way he can use his growing forces to beat the Sith.

The Sith are remnants from one of Naga Sadow's fleets. They made random jumps into hyperspace while trying to shake the Republic. Eventually they found Dromuund Kaas, set up shop, and built their 'empire.'

Part of the reason is, back then, much of the 'Unknown Regions' covered part of well known space. They had yet to discover much of the universe by that time (hence if you recall the Mandalorians invading, the Rakata still existing, and now the Sith). The Republic simply hasn't explored places enough yet.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:28 am
Missing00
heh heh Iron man is [Fe] male

badump pshh  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:50 am
ElladanKenet
iKuumi
xd

*pets*

According to the plot they give us, Revan and Malak were already borderline Dark when they went into the galaxy and stumbled across Dromuund Kaas. They were 'brainwashed' (bullshit), and sent back out to take over. Revan was still pretty much the de-facto military leader of the Republic, so he just took up the fleet that was still around, started mass producing it out of the Star Forge he discovered, and then got to work. By the time he starts his war though, Revan is working against the Sith, avoiding major military targets and focusing on converting enemies instead of destroying them, that way he can use his growing forces to beat the Sith.

I am so glad BioWare disregarded that whole "destroy the Republic to save it" thing. It's such an idiotic and flawed plan. Plus it just made Revan seem even more like a god for no reason.  

Rodyn

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:33 am
It's not that they completely threw out the idea; just that they explained it more.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:14 am
Cale Darksun
Missing00
heh heh Iron man is [Fe] male

badump pshh

Thank you folks Ill be here all week.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Rodyn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:55 pm
Republic player ship

Imperial player ship

Note that those are only two classes, and that there will be more.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:21 pm
There's supposed to be one ship for each class: six in all

Also, there will be customizable sets and pieces (upgrading hyperdrive to Class .5, anyone?), so literally, you can make any ship you want  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Rodyn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:28 pm
ElladanKenet
Also, there will be customizable sets and pieces (upgrading hyperdrive to Class .5, anyone?), so literally, you can make any ship you want

Not necessarily. They didn't specify as to how detailed ship customization will be. Heck, they didn't even say if you could pilot the ships. As of now, they seem to just be personalized Ebon Hawks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:38 pm
Warhammer 40,000 Online.  

Rodyn

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Rodyn
ElladanKenet

Not necessarily. They didn't specify as to how detailed ship customization will be. Heck, they didn't even say if you could pilot the ships. As of now, they seem to just be personalized Ebon Hawks.
They did say. I read an article somewhere, and it mentioned that characters would basically be able to create whatever ship they want, given a choice of different upgrade sets, and individual pieces

The ship's supposed to serve as a base for your character and his/her team  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:49 pm
ElladanKenet
Rodyn
ElladanKenet

They did say. I read an article somewhere, and it mentioned that characters would basically be able to create whatever ship they want, given a choice of different upgrade sets, and individual pieces

The ship's supposed to serve as a base for your character and his/her team

Yeah, I know. I wasn't contradicting your statement entirely, just that they didn't specify how detailed ship customization is.  

Rodyn

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:53 pm
I suppose. They didn't go into detail, but the way they talked about it, was that ships are pretty customizable. Almost as much as the player themselves.

Which personally, is nice. One of my favorite things about Episode I Racer was being able to purchase individual upgrades for your pods. It might have the same basic design as someone elses, but given the extra parts, it could perform radically different.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:35 pm
I can't tell if that Imp ship pic is really an Imp ship. I mean, it looks NOTHING at all like the iconic TIE Fighter design whatsoever.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:04 pm
I just can't wait for TOR to come out. I've been aching for it for months.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games