Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Ew
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm

i was in an RP guild once, but it was really confined, the guy who ran it had created this complicated story line that he wanted us all to follow, and the worst part was he hardly let us contribute to the story, even though i joined when it was in its beginning, it was just really hard to follow, and really sucked it didn't feel like role playing at all, it felt like walking on eggshells around some bazaar writer who didn't really want our input at all and if we gave it, it was criticized for not following the story line, a story line which didn't make crap since to begin with, but sounded like the ranting of a mad man, ever since then ive been a little weary of rp threads myself. i quit that guild, cause the dude was always sending announcement kinda Bi+ching that were weren't posting enough, yeah because he made us feel like idiots when we did

tigris the infamous

Benevolent Lovergirl

13,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150

tigris the infamous

Benevolent Lovergirl

13,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:13 pm

my missing is missing, i hope he comes home soon.....
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Eh

I've had several roleplays myself. The key is to provide a basic overarcing plot and a goal, but leave it open enough that people can do their thing, whether it's contributing directly to the story, or not doing anything

My question though, is was the guy being faithful to established canon, or just doing things his way?

ElladanKenet
Crew

tigris the infamous

Benevolent Lovergirl

13,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:19 pm

just doing things his way
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Then that roleplay was doomed to failure from the get-go

ElladanKenet
Crew

tigris the infamous

Benevolent Lovergirl

13,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:28 pm

there was this one rp thread in the doctor who time vortex guild that made me literally say what the f*ck. this chick had made this rp thread based around doctor who's end of days i think, and had already named herself the doctor and Donna noble, pretty much snatching up both main characters leaving very little open to the rest of her friends, i thought that was pretty selfish
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:36 pm

I got the most awesome RP idea ever.

The GM controls all characters in the RP except for 1 squad. That squad is the RP characters for everyone else.

The twist: They're all redshirts that die in the 1st wave of the battle in the intro.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:37 pm

Staggering

According to this IMDB list, we have a lot of franchises heading to theaters. Aside from Warcraft, we're also getting Halo, Spyro, Earthworm Jim, another MK, Asteroids, the Sims, Shadow of the Colossus, another Tomb Raider, God of War, Kane and Lynch, Metal Gear Solid, BioShock, Splintercell AND MASS EFFECT

A lot of these are coming out this year, Spyro being one of them. Elijah Wood plays the purple drgaon, and Gary Oldman's also on cast
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Or how about an RP of people playing an RP of the the people who are playing the people who are playing an RP of an RP.

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

The Sims, I can actually see happening, but only as a comedy.

Like, a family is having dinner, and suddenly the fridge is turned around so it's facing the wall. One of them kinda looks up and goes, " KNOCK IT OFF! THAT AIN'T FUNNY! "

RP of people playing an RP where their characters are aware they're in an RP and try to escape it to avoid the tragic ending they know is in the plot.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Moo.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:11 am

The Sims

A ghost comedy flick where a family is 'aunted' by this mysterious force that moves furniature around their house. They wake up one morning to it being completely rennovated. In the end, they all die due to too much wooden furniature and fireplaces, and the scene blacks out. There's a message asking to reload the save file, and we're taken back in time to the very beginning of the movie. Just as it seems to continue, the player is called away from his computer to go take out the trash.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:57 am

Ayup. The Youtube video was awesome.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:54 pm

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games