Submit

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:59 am
Kakarotto pretty much just said everything I've been thinking. I really love the EIs, but when you're not willing to spend real money (which is at a premium, anyway, since I'm currently unemployed) to buy pixels. . . there's not much you can do.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 pm
Krissim Klaw
Guess it is time for me to move on from this site. Most of my close Gaian friends have already seemed to move on, and if I can't even have fun dressing my avi anymore, what is the point?

Awww.. Sorry to see you go Kriss...if you decide to to do so that is. I'll miss ya'.

I'll still always remember this guild as having the saying "We have a mantis furry! Beat that other furry guilds!" cry  

Garek Maxwell

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:46 pm
On the subject of things on gaia being too ******** expensive...

The purpose of Gaia is what....? To socialize, to hang out, to make whatever damn avatar you want to represent yourself. That was the original purpose of this site... a social networking place with custom avatars, much in the same vein as say, second life.

But the problem plaguing this site now is it's getting harder to customize avatars exactly like you want. Everything's become so damn expensive. When Gaia started making items for monetary profit, starting with the monthly items, that's when stuff started getting expensive. Look at monthly items from back in 03 or 04... in the millions for some of those items. And now we have evolving items and random items, both things you have to spend CASH to get. And then you have the problem of having something that has multiple items inside of it, and in order to get a certain item you have to buy the whole set which could cost 500k. Or you have something like the random item where rare items cost millions in gold because they're rare, like the kitten star. Who besides really old users can afford that s**t?

And you could say, well "Be more active on the site." Hell, I'm active on this site every single damn day. But even with all my activity, I'd be lucky to make 100k in a YEAR. The reason I came to this site was to make an avatar to represent myself. In order to make it look even close to being right, I'd need the grey body dye which is a whopping 500k just to make me have grey skin/fur. Plus ears and tail to match. With all my daily activity, when the ******** is that gonna happen? 10 years from now?

The other option of course is to spend real money on this site, which is why the greedy ******** like Lanzer do these random item generators and these evolving items and the aquarium items as CASH items. But as my budget stands, I can barely pay rent, let alone for some ******** pixels.

The point of this site was to be a social site with custom avatars to represent yourself, but it's failed at that, as in order to represent myself the way I want to, I have to sell my soul to the devil. When something sucks, you usually stay away from it, and it's a wonder I'm still here.

Lately I've actually been considering going to Second Life or even IMVU to create furry avatars, because at least their economies aren't ******** up like Gaia's and it's easier to create s**t there. Yes, I said I'm considering getting an IMVU account. This image may be too troubling for those young or faint of heart, please cover your child's eyes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:08 pm
Sadinda
awr. I'm sorry to hear that you may be leaving Kriss.

Garek Maxwell

Awww.. Sorry to see you go Kriss...if you decide to to do so that is. I'll miss ya'.

I'll still always remember this guild as having the saying "We have a mantis furry! Beat that other furry guilds!" cry

Awwe thanks you two, your words mean a lot to me. At this point I don't plan on completely poofing. I guess my post was more a vent than anything else. It just saddens me to loose out on one of my favorite aspects of Gaia. =(  

Krissim Klaw

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:53 pm
Krissim Klaw

Awwe thanks you two, your words mean a lot to me. At this point I don't plan on completely poofing. I guess my post was more a vent than anything else. It just saddens me to loose out on one of my favorite aspects of Gaia. =(

So you ever pop up on messenger?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:56 pm
Selene Aries
Krissim Klaw

I DO xp wink  

Isaol

Null Chamber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:25 pm
Selene Aries
Krissim Klaw

I use AIM with the name, Krissim Klaw, but am admittedly terrible at signing on. Not sure why since I enjoy chatting with everyone. But I usually only remember to sign on if someone pokes me and reminds me to hop on. I think I use it less than the forums because I sort of feel compelled to keep up on the conversation when using AIM so it is harder to multi task. On forums it feels more like you can post, leave/do other stuff, and come back to the post and carry on the conversation.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:31 pm
Null Chamber
I use AIM with the name, Krissim Klaw, but am admittedly terrible at signing on. Not sure why since I enjoy chatting with everyone. But I usually only remember to sign on if someone pokes me and reminds me to hop on. I think I use it less than the forums because I sort of feel compelled to keep up on the conversation when using AIM so it is harder to multi task. On forums it feels more like you can post, leave/do other stuff, and come back to the post and carry on the conversation.

I must admit, it is handy to not have to worry about replying right away, but other times I enjoy live chat.

Am glad that venting made you feel better. Certainly do not want to see you go, but if you did would want to keep in touch.  

Selene Aries

Isaol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:35 pm
cry  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:35 pm
Selene Aries

I must admit, it is handy to not have to worry about replying right away, but other times I enjoy live chat.

Am glad that venting made you feel better. Certainly do not want to see you go, but if you did would want to keep in touch.
X3

And yes, in a better mood today. Yesterday was sort of one of those off days for me. I was in an oddly bad mood all day for no real particular reason and Gaia just ignited the flame. I think it is because I've finally had to get a new pillow for my head when sleeping and have not been adjusting all to the replacement and have had a hell of a time trying to get to sleep this last week or so. @___@  

Null Chamber

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:41 pm
Null Chamber
X3

And yes, in a better mood today. Yesterday was sort of one of those off days for me. I was in an oddly bad mood all day for no real particular reason and Gaia just ignited the flame. I think it is because I've finally had to get a new pillow for my head when sleeping and have not been adjusting all to the replacement and have had a hell of a time trying to get to sleep this last week or so. @___@

You do know that if you ever need someone to talk with, or just vent at, you can contact me any time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:45 pm
I suppose this 'grudge' someone has, has held it's animosity. confused  

Isaol

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:52 pm
Selene Aries
Null Chamber
X3

You do know that if you ever need someone to talk with, or just vent at, you can contact me any time.
Awe thanks, that means a lot to me.

Isaol- Confused as what you are talking about?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:02 pm
Anyone seen an item list for the Lonely Star yet? Only come across the ones I have won, but now that I have played through a 9 pack I would prefer to just see if I like what is available.  

Selene Aries

Isaol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:04 pm
Krissim Klaw
Selene Aries
Null Chamber
X3

Awe thanks, that means a lot to me.

Isaol- Confused as what you are talking about?

It just kind of sucks after leaving for a while, then coming back to see some animosity. Which makes me feel bad because I had forgotten about the incident that caused the hatred, however the other person didn't, and it hurts me to know they are still upset about it.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff