Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ekirin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:47 am
Hello everyone! I am a 22 year old graduate with a degree in English education. I think I'm going to like this guild a bunch!

I love to read! My favorite time periods are the Modern era in American lit, and some of the war stories as well from random times. I love the Victorian period from British lit. I also hate Chaucer... and that is a conviction that runs very deep in my blood.

Also, for my degree I cannot spell. I don't know why this is... so please pardon my sometimes numerous spelling flaws in my posts.

I'm currently working at a lawfirm until the budget passes this fall. Hopefully this time I'll actually get a classroom all to myself. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:11 pm
Greetings everyone! I'm 26, English and an ex-teacher of English and Music. I now work for a certain fruit-based computer manufacturer as a Creative, training people to do funky things with their computers all day.

I am also a full-time pedant and believe that text-speak is the work of Satan himself. My favourite books genuinely include Eats, Shoots and Leaves and several books by John Humphrys, who has plenty to say about the English language in general.

I love to write in my free time. You can check out some of my work at my website if you're that way inclined.

Very happy to meet you all, and I look forward to picking holes in everyone's grammar and spelling very soon!  

eJayPierre

Ashley Amnesia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:34 pm
Hello! I'm -N-3GA H3R-O-! I'm ten years old and I feel very young here. I love going on the computer, which is why I'm on now. I love to read very much and My favorite book series are: Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and I am currently reading the series Percy Jackson and the Olympians, which I also enjoy.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:41 pm
Hello! I'm phantom_girl92. I'm 15 years old and I'm obsessed with Danny Phantom. I love to read, sing, and draw. My english teacher last year was what you might call a grammer nazi and I swear it rubbed off on me.  

xXHopless RomanceXx

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100

TheSpawnAki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:43 pm
Hello everyone. I am a 16 year old highschool junior. I love to read in my free time, so I am often found on the computer reading a story online, reading a book, or working on the novel I am currently writing.

I absolutely can't stand it when my friends text me using abbreviations that make no sense and are so horrible I have to ask for a translation. Therefore I decided to join. (and hopefully plenty of good grammar and spelling will cause me to do well on my upcoming state assesments for school)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:24 pm
Hello. My name is Fred (Ack! Real names! Run away!) and I support this message.

Hello. I'm an eighteen year-old Senior in high school. I read manga and role play often. I think I'm addicted. Maybe.

In any case, I can't stand when I receive messages along the lines of "d00d!!1 wut u duin?"

My favorite books are Watership Down, Lord of the Flies (which I just finished today), Cold Sassy Tree, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, The Once and Future King, and 1984. I hate Deerslayer VERY much.

So there.  

For Your Perusal

jenny64444

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Hello all. I am Jenny64444, but you may call me Jen. I am 16 (but not for long) and a senior in high school, and extremely literate. I like to correct the mistakes of others, thus I have made myself an official editor. I have the strongest views you will ever hear, and no amount of dissuasion will work on me. I really care about everyone, if you know what I mean. That is about it about me, so have a great day.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:14 pm
Hello, everyone!
Greetings!

My name is Christy, and here is my explanation as to why I joined, and a few small tidbits of information about me (also explaining why I joined).

Since I was a young girl, I have always wanted to win a spelling bee.
The closest I ever got was Runner-up...

I also get nervous around Honey bees, and am paranoid about sitting near trashcans outside.
(I just felt I should mention that.. while on the topic of bees)

I clump together spelling and grammar as 1 interest.

So far, I have received an A on every grammer test my English teacher has thrown at us.
(with the exclusion of one, and I am so FURIOUS about that one test! I was late! On an errand SHE asked me to do!! )  

Avi1313

Aged Codger

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

snubsnub

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:46 am
Hey everyone.
Thanks for letting me join the guild. :3
My name's Megan, and I'm English, but was born in Canada.
I have always been literature while on the computer. I hate how people don't capitalize, don't use periods, and use 'Txt Tlk'. Text Talk annoys me to hell. D;<

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:26 pm
Finall a guild where I can understand what is being said. Thank you Sir.  

Warrior of Salvation

Serverus Snope

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:39 pm
Hello. I'm 15 and and pretty strict about my own grammar. So I figured that this guild sounds like me, since I pretty much HAVE to correct any spelling and grammar mistakes I forgot. I do associate with many less literate people, so I'm not too much of a Grammar Nazi when it comes to other people. I'll only be like that if I cannot understand a single word you're saying. Even though I COULD translate what you said, I'd still say you have problems. (I'm kinda fluent in "txt tlk" though I don't speak it)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:41 pm
Hi, I'm Kiki! I'm 18, and I live in in Alabama in a town house with my boyfriend. I'm a freshman in college, and I'm majoring in English education. Good grammar is my absolute favorite thing, and I simply can't stand it when people don't use it! My hobbies are reading, writing, and playing video games. My favorite authors are Ramsey Campbell, Stephen King, Anne Rice, Johnathan Kellerman, and H.P. Lovecraft. You might see me lurking in their individual guilds ^_^ (if they have one, that is). I am currently self employed, selling lingerie online. You can visit if you like, although things are still a little scratchy on there... Link!  

OmG NoMoR3

MaidenMalina

Bashful Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Hi! Thank you so much for letting me join! I am 15 and literate. I enjoy reading and writing. I am trying to get my friends to join to, but they can't figure put what is wrong with "txt tlk" no matter how many times I try to explain it to them! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to explain it so that a "txt tlk" lover will understand?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:21 pm
Not much to say, I guess...
But I can give you advise.. Never fall asleep at a friends house with five crazy girls present.. They gave me a rude awakening.. T.T

It had ice cream, cheese, a shoe and ranch dressing involved.. -_-  

T3CHN0L0GIC

soupyeh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:57 am
Hello! I'm a 18 year old book lover. I'm taking a year off from college, but when I go back I think I'm going to major in Library Sciences. To be a genuine librarian you have to have a degree. I love reading fantasy and I'm getting into the classics. My taste in music is unique. I listen to Christian and show tunes (like Broadway). My favorite TV shows are Dancing with the Stars and Dance Wars. I only have 6 channels. If you want to talk about random stuff or need advice then just pm me.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff