Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
Question of the Day! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:58 am
No. Cuz I have wooden swords I can use. And a sakabato (but I don't wanna break things so I don't use that).

I have however used bouncy surfaces to jump up for a Ryutsuisen movement.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:28 pm
Hmm, nice question Miken. I have to say that I haven't done precisely that. I did use to pretend that a stick was a sword but when I was a kid, there was no RK so I couldn't pretend I was doing any hiten-mitsurugi; or anything of the sort for that matter, he-he. rolleyes  

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200

Lemonad Flavored Condom
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:32 am
miken-chan
I'd say Kenshin, and why wouldn't I? I'm in a Rurouni Kenshin Guild aren't I?

Here's a question that's been bugging me...

Would a Shinigami (Bleach version) Taichou (Captain) or Fukutaichou (Leiutenant) from Bleach be able to defeat Kenshin?

I mean, the shinigami have shunpo, which is at the same speed as Kenshin, and their swords have unique qualities too (like how Wabisuke (apology) can make whatever it strikes twice as heavy with each strike)...but Kenshin is...well...,Kenshin. Could anyone that knows both shows give me an opinion?
I'm just gonna put this out there, that Kenshin can't see them. Unless he has some high spiritual awareness that is not explained, he wouldn't be able to see them. So my vote would be for any of the shinigami.

Janus has spoken.... about time.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
Janus Cawdor
miken-chan
I'd say Kenshin, and why wouldn't I? I'm in a Rurouni Kenshin Guild aren't I?

Here's a question that's been bugging me...

Would a Shinigami (Bleach version) Taichou (Captain) or Fukutaichou (Leiutenant) from Bleach be able to defeat Kenshin?

I mean, the shinigami have shunpo, which is at the same speed as Kenshin, and their swords have unique qualities too (like how Wabisuke (apology) can make whatever it strikes twice as heavy with each strike)...but Kenshin is...well...,Kenshin. Could anyone that knows both shows give me an opinion?
I'm just gonna put this out there, that Kenshin can't see them. Unless he has some high spiritual awareness that is not explained, he wouldn't be able to see them. So my vote would be for any of the shinigami.

Janus has spoken.... about time.
Thanks Janus! I was thinking about the shinigami too! Of course...sometimes I can't trust what I think of...

miken-chan

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:47 am
Will you look at that? So Kenshin would actually need special training to see the shinigami techniques? Wow! I gotta see bleach as soon as it comes to CNLA. It's cool to see that Janus knows about stuff like that...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:46 pm
hypnocrown
Will you look at that? So Kenshin would actually need special training to see the shinigami techniques? Wow! I gotta see bleach as soon as it comes to CNLA. It's cool to see that Janus knows about stuff like that...
Yup. Janus is into about every anime that the US will ever see, and a lot of them that we will never see. He knows where to go to get stuff before they are dubbed, and thus gets to watch things earlier. Janus and I have already seen about the first 28 episodes of Bleach, subtitled, and Janus has seen way more then me.  

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

miken-chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:44 pm
Melody Rhyme
hypnocrown
Yup. Janus is into about every anime that the US will ever see, and a lot of them that we will never see. He knows where to go to get stuff before they are dubbed, and thus gets to watch things earlier. Janus and I have already seen about the first 28 episodes of Bleach, subtitled, and Janus has seen way more then me.
I'm on episode...well, I think there are only 96 out so far...bu tomorrow, it'll be 97...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:14 pm
miken-chan
Melody Rhyme
hypnocrown
I'm on episode...well, I think there are only 96 out so far...bu tomorrow, it'll be 97...
Yeah, I know, I need to get caught up!! rolleyes sweatdrop  

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

miken-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:13 pm
Melody Rhyme
miken-chan
Melody Rhyme
hypnocrown
It's okay, it's only a filler season after 62 or 63...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:54 pm
miken-chan
Melody Rhyme
miken-chan
Melody Rhyme
hypnocrown

where do you guys get access to that stuff?? cuz I've only seen the English episodes and I'm bent on seeing as many Japanese ones as possible (currently Bleach obsessed). I found places where I can download the manga but I can't find a good place for the anime...  

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

mykitty_111

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:07 am
i thought kenshin was an querky guy but when it came to fighting he was all over it. and the reason i kept watching cuz he is very clumsy like me unless he gets seriousy also like me. plus i wanted to see what happens next you know. yay forthe drama llama> dramallama !!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:11 am
hypnocrown
Gee, I thought this question would get a lot more answers. Oh well...

New question for today: What was the name of that Sumo guy Kenshin helped?

I ask this cuz I can't remember the dude's name. Can you?

His name is Toramaru. DOS-KOI!!!!!!!!! *I laugh at that every time...*  

Evigvarende Lys

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:43 am
Melody Rhyme
hypnocrown

Cool! I'm glad you both can get to see stuff like that.

So mykitty_111, that's why you like Kenshin so much eh? That's great! Right now, Cartoon Network Latin America is broadcasting all the episodes of RK and I can't help but watching again. I just don't understand why some of the names are changed from the original version. Who in the hell thought of changing Yahiko's name to Yoshi or Kaoru's name to Kori anyway? rolleyes

Hey Vehmenti! Thanx for answering my old question. I wonder if the name of Toramaru is also changed in the english version of RK I'm watching... I'll come back and post about it as soon as I watch that episode again. If anybody cares about it of course... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:01 pm
hypnocrown
Melody Rhyme
hypnocrown

Cool! I'm glad you both can get to see stuff like that.

So mykitty_111, that's why you like Kenshin so much eh? That's great! Right now, Cartoon Network Latin America is broadcasting all the episodes of RK and I can't help but watching again. I just don't understand why some of the names are changed from the original version. Who in the hell thought of changing Yahiko's name to Yoshi or Kaoru's name to Kori anyway? rolleyes

Hey Vehmenti! Thanx for answering my old question. I wonder if the name of Toramaru is also changed in the english version of RK I'm watching... I'll come back and post about it as soon as I watch that episode again. If anybody cares about it of course... sweatdrop
....you're kidding me. They changed it to Yoshi and Kori?! WTF?! crying

This is why I abhore dubs and all dubs. THE ORIGINAL PWNS ALL. :< Subtitles aren't THAT hard to read.... rolleyes

Seliece

miken-chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:57 pm
Jam-Kiske
miken-chan
Melody Rhyme
miken-chan
Melody Rhyme
hypnocrown

where do you guys get access to that stuff?? cuz I've only seen the English episodes and I'm bent on seeing as many Japanese ones as possible (currently Bleach obsessed). I found places where I can download the manga but I can't find a good place for the anime...
Youtube works most of the time, but I find the best source is crunchyroll.com , you have to sign up though..., and I think they have almost every single anime they could get their sub-loving hands on...

~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff