Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:46 pm
Hes a Trap
Either, I didn't know a witch's familiar could have a a natural ability.

Familiars cannot have natural abilities or Fears: only the student character themselves may have those, otherwise things would get far too complicated too quickly. xd

I personally don't see it working out as a natural ability. As a Fear? Yes, that can easily work: the witch could theoretically channel enough Fear into her cat familiar so that it turns into a tiger, allowing it to properly maul someone and eat their face off. As a natural ability... hm. I think it would depend on how it was handled and pulled off. What did you have in mind?

Blade Kuroda
Just to be sure - can non-newbies play a boo in the upcoming meta as well as a student?

Marushii

I already have a student. Can I be a mob-ghost too?
Yes you may. smile Special Role priority will go to newbies, however.

So yes, free for all signups are really free for all. Just keep in mind that the more characters you sign up for, the more work you'll have to do...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:04 pm
Does a witch have to have a cat as a familiar?  

Hes a Trap

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:06 pm
Hes a Trap
Does a witch have to have a cat as a familiar?

No, a cat is just what I used as an example. Cats are popular, but just about any creature can be used as a familiar.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Okay last question on this I swear.
In order for the familiar to change into another animal does it have to be in the same family? Like in your example or could it be into a different animal as long as they are around the same size?

Forgot to mention above I could see how complicated it would get if familiars had natural abilities.  

Hes a Trap

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:21 pm
Hes a Trap
Okay last question on this I swear.
In order for the familiar to change into another animal does it have to be in the same family? Like in your example or could it be into a different animal as long as they are around the same size?

Forgot to mention above I could see how complicated it would get if familiars had natural abilities.

I can't really answer that: are you thinking of making it a Natural Ability or Fear? It really depends on what you want to do and how you pull it off, I think. What kind of familiar base are we talking about? What do you want it to turn into? What sort of situation do you want to use it in, every day RP or just in battles?

[EDIT]
That is to say, this is a HUGE context-sensitive question. I can't answer it unless there's specifics involved.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:08 pm
I have a honey possum (rather large one so the same size as a titmouse) for my characters familiar and thinking of having her change into a titmouse. The two are roughly around the same size but of course are two different species.
I am leaning more towards battle then every day rp. Simply because it really wouldn't matter with his personality if he was flying away or scurrying away (but he wouldn't really do either).

Also would a familiar be able to split into two bodies (like Coyote and Lilynette except they share one soul but two separate bodies)?  

Hes a Trap

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:57 pm
Everyday RP would make it a natural ability. Unlike FEAR abilities, since these are based around their sub-species and/or family background, these abilities need justification. They have to make sense. So you have figure out why would a witch have the ability to turn her possum into a bird?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:54 am
Even if it was just battle ability, the familiar would not be able to change forms during RP. Battle abilities are strictly for battle-use only.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:44 am
A few questions regarding the battle system!

1. Do students still need to acquire a battle pass before we can duke it out?

2. "Y2 Can only use one Y2-level Fear and one Y1-level Fear per battle."
Does this mean that we can get different FEARS as we rank up or does it mean like...
Jericho can use his one FEAR using the Y2 rolls once and once more using the Y1 stats?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:08 am
Blade Kuroda
A few questions regarding the battle system!

1. Do students still need to acquire a battle pass before we can duke it out?

2. "Y2 Can only use one Y2-level Fear and one Y1-level Fear per battle."
Does this mean that we can get different FEARS as we rank up or does it mean like...
Jericho can use his one FEAR using the Y2 rolls once and once more using the Y1 stats?

1. Nope! Everyone is FREEEEEE TO BATTLE unless you get banned from the gym, then you can't battle until your ban is removed.

2. That really depends on the character! A character who wishes to can have two variations of the same Fear, or they can diversify. If they choose to diversity and pick a new Fear, however, that new Fear will be the one to follow the Y1 mechanics -- it's new to them, and they're still learning how to use it.

So if you're a Y2, the Fear attack you created so long ago is now a Y2 rank, whereas the new Fear is the Y1 rank.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:25 am
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

And thanks! I'll have a bit of thinking to do for if I want to add a FEAR for Jericho then. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:04 am
Now I'm just curious, cuz I'm planning on having Roch take the exam for Y2 sometime after the meta. Would something like "Call Soul" be an acceptable growth for Sense Soul? Like, ghosts feel drawn to them?

Or is that too godmodding? *somewhat thinking she'll just have him get the shadow one, but thought this'd be entertaining as hell with Roch's problem.*

Possibly lesser ghosts only? Say pets or the boo type ghosts for the meta?  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:14 am
I'm not sure if it's clear enough but given that this was stated.

"(please use YOUR CHARACTER'S FEAR. Be sure to get it approved here too!) "

does that mean that all students who wish to participate in battling must submit their fear ability for approval in the Fear mechanics guide thread?

I'm sure the last thing we want to do is to make a mistake with this.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:56 pm
Crap! posted in the wrong spot! >> /goes to re-post in the right spot OTL  

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:02 pm
Ice Queen
Now I'm just curious, cuz I'm planning on having Roch take the exam for Y2 sometime after the meta. Would something like "Call Soul" be an acceptable growth for Sense Soul? Like, ghosts feel drawn to them?

Or is that too godmodding? *somewhat thinking she'll just have him get the shadow one, but thought this'd be entertaining as hell with Roch's problem.*

Possibly lesser ghosts only? Say pets or the boo type ghosts for the meta?

Yeah, no to the "ghosts feel drawn to them" but like if you want ghost-type minipets to be drawn to him, that's fine.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games