Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 am
User Image
C I N Q ° M O R E A U

▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
H U F F L E P U F F ° G H O U L S & G H O S T S T U D I E S ° S T R I K E R ' S

Offspring? What was wrong with the world "children" or "kids"? The term seemed highly scientific, hardly sounding... Well, casual? When he was about to comment on her reply, a voice whispered concern, and turning only his head slightly, Cinq saw a distressed Amata Harlowe looking after a... drunk Powell. No, the guy didn't seem drunk. At least he didn't reek of alcohol. Not that Cinq was creepy enough to sniff the poor guy. Blame it on vampiric sense and all.

But... his heart steadily beat, pulsing blood through the arteries and veins. There was nothing wrong with him, at least not physically. Okay, there is something wrong with the guy, but as far as Cinq could tell, at a glance, nothing was amiss. Rhythmic breaths and constant body temperature. "Yes, of course, Headmistress," Cinq replied to the request. The Hufflepuff inconspicuously got Grayson onto his back, his arms drooping over his shoulders like a corpse's. Or a fast-asleep child. Yeah, the latter was more family-friendly. Cinq felt like he was giving a giant child a piggy back ride, and it kinda was true, in a sense. With a small sigh, he proceeded to slip out of the Great Hall and on his way to the Hospital Wing.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Perhaps life is solemn,
And perhaps death is daunting.
But as the undead I am neither.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:17 am
User Image
Ho!
▅▅▅▅
So show me FAMILY.
Hey!
▅▅▅▅
All the blood that I would bleed.
Ho!
▅▅▅▅
I don't know where I belong
Hey!
▅▅▅▅
I don't know where I went WRONG.

Was Romulus Liam Harley late? Highly unlikely. What was more likely was the fact that everyone was simply early. That had to be it. After all, they really couldn't start the sorting unless he was there, right? Romulus wasn't returning to Hogwarts as a student. He had ceased being a student of this school quite some time ago. No, he had come back to the castle as Professor Harley of Wandlore Studies.

Upon entering the Great Hall, Romulus realized that the sorting had indeed started without him. 'Great, he thought as he carefully and quietly made his way up to the staff table. He wondered why the staff table had to be at the front of the hall. It made it rather embarrassing to be late. As the new professor was making his way up to the front, he saw a woman, who must have been the Headmistress helping some other professors take a man out. He seemed to be out cold. Romulus wondered what happened to him.

Reaching the table, he found a seat next to a particular person. Oh how he would enjoy this. It had been years since he last saw Pandora Thorne. Years, but that didn't change anything. He wouldn't do much now. Not in front of the students, but that wouldn't entirely stop him. "Pandora, getting in trouble again?" he teased the woman. He missed teasing her. He missed making her life hell. And Romulus Liam Harley was going to take great pleasure in getting that back.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:33 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Muggle Studies

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall – Staff Table

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Professor Huckabee.” Landon replied. Did he like studying muggle life? “It’s not so much alike as it is something I’m well acquainted with.” He told her. “I’m muggle born but I can understand how difficult it is without the use of magic. Transfigurations I remember being in that class during my years here I did rather well managed to take it all the way through.” He told Professor Huckabee.

After that Landon watched the sorting before Grayson seemed to be asleep or something. “He’ll be fine I’m sure Professor Huckabee.” He told her as the headmistress and a couple colleges’ took him to the hospital wing. Hopefully he would get better soon.

Figuring there was no sense worrying about something he couldn’t control Landon looked over at another new female professor. “Hello I’m Landon Price muggle studies professor.” He introduced as he went back to watching the sorting. He clapped for every student regardless of what house they were sorted into. “So who might you be?” he asked her politely.

With: Teachers... Lulu and Attina

OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:52 pm
User Image

Attina Elliott//Thoughts//Where//With

Oh hello//Great Hall-Staff Table//Other professors ~ Landon

Attina smiled a clapped quietly for each student as they were sorted and when the professor seemed to collapse and was taken away she was curious as to why she hadn't noticed... As the Headmistress took him to the Nurse with some other professors, one of the professors turned to talk to her. She smiled kind of shyly before speaking. "Hi. I'm Attina Elliott. Professor of Transfiguration years four through seven. It's nice to meet you. Are you part of the little group of new professors for this year?" The former Gryffindor asked.

"Shall We Begin?"

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:31 pm
User Image
Drusilla is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Enchanting at the Staff Tablespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // The Professorsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Elatedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So lovely to watch all the little duckies in a row.' spacespac
'Two halves are equal,
A cross between two evils.'

═════════════════════════════════

Drusilla locked eyes with the frantic Mythology Professor for a brief second, the moment seeming suspended in time. Was this what she had see? The professor, falling asleep at the table, unable to wake up... it felt familiar to her. She tilted her head as the woman spoke in hushed tones, driving the Headmistress and the man she'd been speaking with to action. Drusilla watched vaguely as the three ushered the sleeping man from the Great Hall, quickly and quietly, likely without all but the most observant students even noticing. Whatever was wrong with the man, she wondered, and searched her mind for some hint. When none came, she sighed, and was instead assailed by flashes of more falling into slumber. Students, she thought, but none of the faces stuck out, none were familiar to her, other than the vague recognition that perhaps she'd seen them in her visions before. Which was hardly surprising, since this was her first year teaching, after all. Suddenly, her back straightened, and she froze. Her eyes were wide and faraway, and her voice, when she spoke, sounded like the whispers of spirits, carried on the wind. "Darkness looms, enveloping minds and ensnaring their dreams. One by one they fall into sleep, unable to awaken. Their slumber is unnatural, forced by shadows and evil. Their thoughts come through a fog, their bodies far away from their minds. The land of Dreams beckons, calling them, and they must answer..." The Seer shook her head then, blinking a couple of times. She offered Lulu a smile. "Ah. What were we talking about? I seem to have trailed off again." The woman seemed wholly unaware of what had occurred. She sat there, smiling at the new Transfiguration Professor, her attention, for once, focused on the present.

'It's not an enviable lot.'

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:38 am
User ImageL'amour est un oiseau rebelle // Que nul ne peut apprivoiser,
________________________Et c'est bien en vain qu'on l'appelle,

S'il lui convient de refuser.

User Image

uellauckabee
Professor Lulu, Transfiguration (Years Ⅰ-ⅠⅠⅠ)

Attire:[x]
Mood: Spooked
Thoughts: '... C'est accablant...'
» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Lulu smiled in relief at Landon's words. She was confident that with the Headmistress and the school nurses watching over the professor, the man would be in capable hands, safe from danger. Yet there was still a sense of foreboding in her gut that Lulu couldn't seem to ignore no matter how hard she tried. Maybe Drusilla's words were right... maybe something bad was going to happen. She'd have to be more attentive to her surroundings... keep watch over the students as well. It was her duty as a professor in these halls.

When she turned back, her heart almost stopped when she saw the state that the Divination Professor was in. Was she in trouble too, now? The woman sat rigid in her chair, staring blankly into space with her eyes wide open. Lulu's hand shot to her thumping chest immediately as she swallowed a scream and leaned closer towards Drusilla. "P.. Professor Somerset..?" She called out timidly. The professor began to speak, but her reply was nothing Lulu was expecting. Drusilla's voice was bone chilling, it sounded nothing like the woman she had been speaking to mere minutes ago... no. It now sounded like more than once voice - a collection of spooky voices that made the Transfiguration Professor nearly spring back in fear. Though with all the will power she could muster, Lulu sat still, listening to every word while attempting to look as calm as possible so the students weren't alarmed. She spoke of dreams, falling into an unnatural slumber induced by the forces of evil which immediately reminded her of Grayson. Then it clicked to her - the woman's powers, Drusilla was a seer.. was this a prophecy?

Once it had been stated in full, Lulu watched as Drusilla 'changed' back into the normal her. It wasn't so much of a physical transformation as it was just a transformation of her aura, of the general persons in front of her. Her voice returned to normal, inquiring about what they had been talking about. Lulu found herself at a loss for words. Should she tell her? It was probably for the best... "Umm... voyons voir... you.. you were saying somezing about ze... ze sleep?" She said, slightly confused as to where to start with everything. "I.. I think you were.. 'aving a vision? You don't remember at all?" She asked, wondering if the woman would even want to decrypt the prophecy that she had suddenly given.

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:10 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Muggle Studies

Landon lightly smiled at Attina. She sure had a pretty name. "It's a pleasure to meet you." he said. So she taught the older students Transfigurations they sure were lucky. "I actually had the pleasure of coming here half way through last year." he told her. "But this is however my first sorting as a professor." he added. “So what made you decide to teach Transfigurations?” Landon asked her curiously.

With: Teachers... Attina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 pm
User Image

Attina Elliott//Thoughts//Where//With

Oh hello//Great Hall-Staff Table//Other professors ~ Landon

Attina smiled. "Actually It was my favorite subject when I was a student here. And since they needed a professor I was ever so ecstatic to send in my application. What about you? Muggle Studies?" She asked quizzically. She had never taken the subject. It had not been that interesting in the past but maybe she had just misunderstood how interesting muggles could be? "Well, I feel kind of jealous that you are half a year ahead in the teaching aspect. At least you somewhat have a feel for what you are doing." She teased lightly.

"Shall We Begin?"

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:39 pm
User Image
Amata is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bewitching at The Staff Tablespace
CURRENTLY WITH // Professorsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Stunnedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What's going on... why won't he wake up?' spacespac
'The rain is falling on my windowpane,
But we are hiding in a safer place.'

Amata returned to the Great Hall in a daze, sitting in the first empty seat she came to, plopping down into it, staring forward at the student tables as Lukas wrapped up the sorting ceremony. She tried to convince herself to brush off her worries, but it didn't seem to work. It was hard to do so when she was dealing with so much. Her friend lay sleeping in the hospital wing, unable to wake up or be woken up. And she'd only just realized, because of his sudden condition, that she might care for him as more than a friend... alright, there was no might about it. Being her age, she should be too old for a crush, and yet there was really no other way to describe it. She sighed, leaning forward on the table, resting her face on her hand. This year would be rather odd if Grayson didn't wake up. They hadn't spent much time together, but they'd passed one another in the halls fairly regularly, and when they did speak it was always enlightening and entertaining. Once again, she was finding herself without a friend. She took a sip from her goblet, glancing into it to eye the wine inside. She swirled it a bit, her eyes narrowing. She'd never been one to drink away her sorrows, but... enough to warm her body and calm her mind wouldn't hurt. She took another drink.

'Under covers staying safe and warm,
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore.'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:58 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So lovely to watch all the little duckies in a row.' spacespac
'Two halves are equal,

Drusilla frowned. A vision? She had visions all the time! Her eyes went wide, and she wondered if she'd given a prophecy. She'd never done that before... at least, she didn't think so. She tilted her head, her brow crinkling. "Did I? How odd. Ah, well. I would suggest you let the Headmistress know what I said, it's probably important. I don't think that such things happen unless they're important." She watched as the tall, blonde woman who'd been so upset over the other professor's sleeping returned, looking stricken. She supposed that what the group had learned in the Hospital Wing had been unpleasant. She watched the woman eye her drink, looking as though she would very much like to simply drink until she passed out. She hoped the she didn't do that. Surely such things were frowned upon, her being a professor? She was certain that they could drink at least a small amount, otherwise why would wine be allowed at the Staff Table? But excessive drinking... a flash of the woman in a few hours calmed her nerves. She would only drink enough to calm herself, not to cause problems. Well, then. She supposed the woman was having a hard night... she seemed close to the man who'd been taken to the hospital wing. Drusilla turned to Lulu, smiling. "The sorting is over, so the feast should begin soon. That'll be nice. I find I'm rather hungry. When did I last eat? Was it noon? No... This morning... perhaps last night. Have I really missed two meals?" The Seer's face was confused as she got lost in trying to remember when she'd eaten last. Trouble was, visions of future meals kept bouncing around. She couldn't tell what was a memory and what was a vision of the future. She waved her hand as if batting away the unimportant information, trying to center her thoughts... she came to the conclusion that she'd had breakfast, but missed lunch. Well, then. It was most certainly time to eat.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:06 pm
User Image

Headmistress

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---& {In Control}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Inari reentered the great hall just as sorting had finished. A sense of power followed her as she made her way strait to the podium over looking the student body. She looked at each table waiting for them to calm down from the excitement of getting new members. Once the room was silent she began."Welcome to Hogwarts for those of you just joining us, we are glad to have you and your new house will be your home for the next seven years so make sure to enjoy your time here. For those returning, we are happy to have you back. Now the rules are the same as every year don't go in the woods alone and don't die. If you have any questions ask your prefects. Now with out further ado, let's eat!"She said a clap and food appears on all of the tables. Inari returned to her seat and took a long drink.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:03 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Muggle Studies

Landon could tell Attina had to like Transfigurations it was after all the hardest subject to learn never mind master. Then she asked about why he taught Muggle Studies, now that was a tad complicated to explain. “Well, the truth is it’s not my first pick. In fact my first pick would be flying however both flying professor jobs are filled. So here I am teaching the only other thing I could possible do well at because simply put… I’m muggle born been there done that.” He explained to Attina.

“I figured who better to teach Muggle Studies then a muggle born.” Landon added leaning back in his seat. “Trust me a half a year doesn’t really make much of a difference I wouldn’t think. Then again I could be very well wrong. ” he told her. “I was never meant to be a Ravenclaw anyways. There is a point to all this…” he started saying passing to think what that point was. “Oh that’s right, you’ll be a great Professor and the student’s I’m sure will love having you. They really aren’t so bad once you get to know all those faces staring at you with confusion.” He told her with a smirk.

Just as Landon said that the Headmistress entered the great hall again and went to the podium. Giving the start of year speech before the feast truly began. “Yes let’s.” he said as food appeared. Finally the moment most had been waiting for.

With: Teachers... Attina

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:03 pm
User ImageL'amour est un oiseau rebelle // Que nul ne peut apprivoiser,
________________________Et c'est bien en vain qu'on l'appelle,

S'il lui convient de refuser.

User Image

uellauckabee
Professor Lulu, Transfiguration (Years Ⅰ-ⅠⅠⅠ)

Attire:[x]
Mood: Hungry
Thoughts: 'I'll have to tell the Headmistress after the feast...'
» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Lulu stared at the Divination Professor, bewildered at how calm she seemed despite having experienced what she did. But then again, Lulu had to remind herself that Drusilla didn't even realize she was giving a prophecy. Maybe that was a side effect of such an event. But whatever the case, she'd have to take Drusilla's advice and report to the Headmistress. Lulu hated to bother the woman, especially after tonights events, but it felt important. Just as she was deep in thought, Lulu watched Professor Harlowe return to the table, looking stunned. It was understandable - Amata and Grayson seemed to be friends from what she could tell by first impressions, it was only natural she'd be worried for him. Yet it saddened Lulu to see someone in that state of worry. Lulu shifted in her chair, leaning to the side as she reached out as far as she could to place a reassuring hand on the woman's shoulder. "Be strong, Professor 'arlowe... 'e will be fine, 'e is in capable 'ands." She told the woman softly with a confident little smile on her face before turning back to Drusilla.

Lulu was glad that the Professor had changed the subject so abruptly. It brought a smile to the woman's face when she listened to Drusilla talk of when her last meal was. "You do not remember when you last ate?" She asked, giggling softly as she saw Drusilla's confused and assumed the woman was trying a little too hard to remember what she had, if anything. Almost as if it had been timed, the food appeared on the table and the Headmistress returned to her seat. "Je suis affamé~ Ze food smells delicious!" She said as she began to spoon a medley of fresh greens onto her plate. "Merci beaucoup for ze food, Headmistress!

Trans: I'm famished!
Cara MiaKitty

VixenViVi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:48 pm
User Image
'Two halves are equal,

Drusilla smiled widely as the food appeared and the Headmistress made her speech. She waited just long enough to not seem rude, and immediately began adding food to her plate. She was rather hungry. Roast lamb, potatoes, corn and a couple rolls all made it onto the new Divination professor's plate. She rather liked that there were scheduled meals here; it would hopefully keep her from missing as many. Having a friend who'd expect to see her might help, too. Perhaps if she didn't show for one, Lulu would stop by her office and ensure she made it to the other? "I'm quite certain I skipped lunch today. It's a problem I have. Sometimes I forget that I haven't eaten because searching for memories pulls up visions. It's rather bothersome, really. Everything bouncing around without so much as a time stamp to let me know when it's happened or happening." For once, her mind seemed to be staying on track. Had she given a true prophecy? If so, perhaps it had slowed her powers, expended her energy for visions for a time. It was an odd thought, but she supposed it was possible. A large burst of energy might have drained her resources. It might also explain why she was suddenly ravenous.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 pm
User Image
Amata is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bewitching at The Staff Tablespace
CURRENTLY WITH // Professorsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Stunnedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What's going on... why won't he wake up?' spacespac
'The rain is falling on my windowpane,
But we are hiding in a safer place.'

Amata glanced at the new professor, who had taken a moment away from her conversation with the Seer to offer her sympathy. She offered a small smile. Yes; he'd be fine. Of course he would. Why wouldn't he be? "Thank you, Professor Huckabee. I do hope you're right." She took another drink from her goblet, thankful when the Headmistress made her announcements and the feast appeared. She found her appetite was lacking, a side effect from her worry, but she knew she needed to eat. It would improve her mood, and besides, even if Grayson was suffering from some unknown illness or something, she still had lessons to teach, starting tomorrow. She made herself a plate, mostly consisting of bread. It would be filling, and help her nerves.

'Under covers staying safe and warm,
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore.'

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games