Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Midnight Lounge (guestbook and chatter thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:09 am
Esiris
I think this is what they call "the blind leading the blind".

Ya i know... sweatdrop

Quote:
Being Wiccan means you undergo the training and initiation that is needed to serve the Lord and Lady as their clergy. A calling- the gods, mysteries, etc reaching out and asking you to know them is a good reason to become Wiccan. Not having that is the best reason to not become Wiccan.

im not really wicca.. i joined this guild a few months ago to learn more about wicca and other pagan religions because i've bin interested in maybe joining one  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:14 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

I think he's trying to seek attention. I can't see how your dad having a possible seizure equals what you told us what was going on with your friend. Either that or he's trying to get your to ask your aunt to help him with what's going on.

I think its attention beause i've told him numerous times that shes not Wicca anymore, shes become an atheist. That was the last time that ghost conversation came up, usually he starts it by randomly saying "madi im scared..."  

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 am
Staring Berry
i joined this guild a few months ago to learn more about wicca and other pagan religions because i've bin interested in maybe joining one

Joining a pagan tradition isn't as simple as it sounds. In most cases you seek to find your calling for a while, then once you find it, it may then take you a while to learn all there is to learn about the path you have chosen to walk (and find a coven if you are thatway inclined). I'm still in the seeking stage, so I don't know how accurate I am...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:25 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

Joining a pagan tradition isn't as simple as it sounds. In most cases you seek to find your calling for a while, then once you find it, it may then take you a while to learn all there is to learn about the path you have chosen to walk (and find a coven if you are thatway inclined). I'm still in the seeking stage, so I don't know how accurate I am...

Oh i know, its hard because i've never even bin in a religion before. My parents raised me without one so when i grew up i could chose what i wanted to be. Any way, im not 18 yet so i have a while before i can become anything more.  

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:34 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Staring Berry
i joined this guild a few months ago to learn more about wicca and other pagan religions because i've bin interested in maybe joining one

I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Staring Berry
Oh i know, its hard because i've never even bin in a religion before. My parents raised me without one so when i grew up i could chose what i wanted to be. Any way, im not 18 yet so i have a while before i can become anything more.

Technically, as long as your parents are ok with it, you can still be a part of a religion while under 18. You just can't be part of certain ones, like Wicca, until you hit 18.
Recons are one that I can think of, that as long as your parents are ok with it, you can be a part of.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:37 am
Staring Berry
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

I wish my parents allowed me to choose instead of forcing me into Catholocism...
This gives me a reason to be glad that Australia's legal age is 18...  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:41 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Staring Berry

I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Ah cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:37 pm
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Staring Berry
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

I wish my parents allowed me to choose instead of forcing me into Catholocism...

my grandparents tried to make them have me go to Mormon church with them even if my parents didn't want to go and they still said no. Im suprised with the religious freedom most things are today more parents don't let their kids choose...  

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:06 pm
Staring Berry

my grandparents tried to make them have me go to Mormon church with them even if my parents didn't want to go and they still said no. Im suprised with the religious freedom most things are today more parents don't let their kids choose...

Well to be fair, they probably don't want their children to go to hell.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:16 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Staring Berry

I dunno why, but I laughed hard at that.

"There is nothing to fear when you have nothing to lose."

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:11 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Staring Berry

hahaha true xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:59 am
Staring Berry
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Staring Berry
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

Oh tell me about it... rolleyes It's very annoying.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

NekrotikKannibal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:51 pm
Popping in to say hello. I haven't really been very active these past few days both in the guild and on Gaia in general. My mom has stage IV renal cancer and, while she's still fairly active and energetic, it's gotten to the point where her oncologist has advised hospice. Fortunately, hospice said she's doing too well to be a candidate for their services at this time. They said until it gets to the point where her cancer medication no longer has any effect, they're going to step aside. We can use their services (i.e. counseling, etc) even though she's not under hospice care yet. So, anyway, I've been busy caring for her these past few days and helping her make her funeral arrangements in advance.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 pm
NecroticCreepShow
Popping in to say hello. I haven't really been very active these past few days both in the guild and on Gaia in general. My mom has stage IV renal cancer and, while she's still fairly active and energetic, it's gotten to the point where her oncologist has advised hospice. Fortunately, hospice said she's doing too well to be a candidate for their services at this time. They said until it gets to the point where her cancer medication no longer has any effect, they're going to step aside. We can use their services (i.e. counseling, etc) even though she's not under hospice care yet. So, anyway, I've been busy caring for her these past few days and helping her make her funeral arrangements in advance.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I kinda understand what you're going through. I lost my grandma to cancer almost two years ago.

Have you looked into maybe a hospice nurse that comes by your house every so often? That's what they did with my grandma before she went to hospice. They had a nurse that would come by and check on her.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

NekrotikKannibal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:26 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
NecroticCreepShow

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I kinda understand what you're going through. I lost my grandma to cancer almost two years ago.

Have you looked into maybe a hospice nurse that comes by your house every so often? That's what they did with my grandma before she went to hospice. They had a nurse that would come by and check on her.

I found out after the Hospice nurse left that they offer that service. I think I'll check into that service and see what they offer and what they can do. I know that I'm definitely taking them up on some of their services, especially the counseling. My boyfriend is lovely, but I'd also like to give the counseling services a try to see if that helps.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games