Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
The AFG Official Monthly Collectible's Thread! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 108 109 110 111 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:52 pm
//Pets sexy new avatar.//

I'm really glad the anklet one equips on both sides. I would be really upset if you had to get two to have matching cuffs.

Is there a glitch with the woman's face mask? It equips under my hair. Is it supposed to do that?  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:54 pm
I want these items!! But I have not the gold or money to buy them. emo

I'd be willing to do art for letters. ninja  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:11 pm
- Everto Sanitas -
Fog-- For once, I'm angry at you. Please, shut up.

You're not paying anyone. You're donating. That's what it's called. There's a difference between paying and donating. I don't donate to the site because I don't have the money to. Gaia is being kind and giving back to the community because we donate to them. They don't have to do anything they don't want to; they don't have to give back to us. But they do because we're kind and we support them.

It's not a 'pay for service', it's a nice thought on both sides.

To bring this back on subject, I wish the we had kitsune ears or some such to match the tails; but the items are hot as is!

But I AM paying for services rendered. I'm paying them for letters, which only now I'm realizing have no monetary value outside of Gaia! However, it's not enough. I'm guessing Gaia doesn't use all that money it receives every month just to run the servers. And yes, I AM paying. If it was a donation, I wouldn't feel bad about spending my money on it. Instead, now I am. And now I feel cheated because I can't spend my money on Gaia, according to the decree of my father and aunt, who say that if I continue squandering my money that I'll be cut off from my college funds. I want the donation items, I want them! But I'm guessing that I'll just have to stop buying them, since I can't risk having my only way to support myself taken away.

It's a lose lose situation here. v_v  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:20 pm
@Fog: It's considered a donation because whether you send them real money or not, you have access to Gaia and everything on it for free.

That's why it's a donation, and not payment; if you had to pay to use this site, I'm sure there'd be a lot less members than there are now.

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:31 pm
TheDisreputableDog

I'm really glad the anklet one equips on both sides. I would be really upset if you had to get two to have matching cuffs.

Is there a glitch with the woman's face mask? It equips under my hair. Is it supposed to do that?

Wouldn't you want a mask under your hair?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:37 pm
I can't wait untill tomorrow, know why? I'll have money...and then..I'll live up to my name. Too many tails of course...but its close enough...I'll be smexy! Yay me! Oh, and if anyone wants a soccer ball...lemme know...I don't want it...  

KitsuneBoom

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:46 pm
Sunegami
@Fog: It's considered a donation because whether you send them real money or not, you have access to Gaia and everything on it for free.

That's why it's a donation, and not payment; if you had to pay to use this site, I'm sure there'd be a lot less members than there are now.
I don't know, I consider the so called donations payment for items now a days. Perhaps the first few months people donated way back in 03 could be seen as donations, but it quickly turned into an expected I pay you 2.5$ and you give me my sealed. Even Gaia markets it as you paying for an item.

I don't think paying for pixels is stupid either. It's like spending a little extra on a special version of a game so you can get certain items.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:51 pm
Krissim Klaw
Sunegami

I don't know, I consider the so-called donations payment for items nowadays. Perhaps the first few months people donated way back in 03 could be seen as donations, but it quickly turned into an expected I pay you 2.5$ and you give me my sealed. Even Gaia markets it as you paying for an item.

I don't think paying for pixels is stupid either. It's like spending a little extra on a special version of a game so you can get certain items.

Yea, especially since they stopped calling them "Donation Items" and changed it to "Monthly Collectibles", instead. Which I thought was stupid, but whatever.

I can see that, but I'd prefer paying pixelated money for pixelated items. ::is a poor art school student:: whee

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:57 pm
Diana Vulpes
TheDisreputableDog

Wouldn't you want a mask under your hair?
We-e-ell...Okay. It just looked like the mask had hair at the top of it and I was confused.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:18 pm
I can't get the Yokai item to go with anything I have in my inventory at the moment, but I like the anklets  

Rainey_angel81

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:20 pm
FogSage
Diana Vulpes
FogSage

But they AREN'T giving us anything. The items aren't real, they can't be used for anything except our avatars......why should we donate when we don't get anything real in return?

That's just a part of the game. X3 Besides, you forget you also get banner free access when you donate. As well, thanks to the donations they are able to help pay to keep the servers running and ever expanding as well as pay their staff to create ever new things for use to play around with.

In the end, you are paying for the man hours gone into creating the items and upkeeping the site.

I'm paying them for a handful of pixels I can't even touch, the hiding of banners I never even click on, and for them to keep the site running?

I think I'm getting scammed. =_= Auntie was right....I'm a moron.

ever think that people out in the world donate money to a cause they'll never see or touch? You're donating in order to make the Gaia site better, which in this case, you can see and use. If you don't like it, stop donating your money  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:32 pm
Rainey_angel81
I can't get the Yokai item to go with anything I have in my inventory at the moment, but I like the anklets

Same here. whee  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Eddily

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:28 pm
Yay anklets! I knew they'd make them sooner or later. razz I like the other one more than I originally thought once I saw the poses.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:00 pm
Woot! I have a reason to break out all my "Lightish red" and white items. heart I feel spiffy about this avatar. Plus, I got to break out my necklace with glowie.  

Salen-Stormwing

Fashionable Protagonist

25,515 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Are You Jelly? 500

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:23 pm
You're all so cool looking. I mainly want the Robes....they look wonderful.

The Demonic Anklets look interesting to say the least.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 108 109 110 111 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games