food=good
View Results

chessiejo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:52 pm
Shelby the Monkeygirl
Peach Mango Applesauce

mm, sounds tasty!

today i made comfort foods for us, meatloaf (with lots of ketchup baked on it), baked yams with butter, and steamed broccoli.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:40 pm
I recently tried yams with butter because of a play I was in. They're not bad! Not bad at all! I'ma hafta buy those now.

I just had a diabetic snack of Mini-Krullers from Krispy Kreme with a glass of milk.  

Different...Very.
Vice Captain

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

chessiejo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:10 pm
yams are ok for diabetics so my mom tells me (she is Type I); they do not have the same glycemic thing that regular potatoes do.

so i had some more tonight!

with sauerkraut and kielbasa.

the way i did the yams this time made them really tender; i scoured them clean, rinsed them, poke them all over with a fork, wrapped them in 2 paper towels, and then nuked them a couple of times on the "fresh vegetable" setting.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:45 pm
Hi-C Orange Lavaburst flavor in a 6 oz. carton from my grandmother's house... A childhood favorite. She always has some available. I love that woman.  

Different...Very.
Vice Captain

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

chessiejo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:25 pm
i make meals for my parents, my hubby and myself (we live in their upstairs apartment)

and yesterday i made us omelets with torn up slices of maple ham, sliced sauteed orange peppers, fried tomato slices, and shredded asiago and monterey jack cheese.

home made salt rising bread was on the side.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:43 pm
tonight i made chicken marsala (s0 rich i only make it once a month)

with coucous/cranberry/almond salad

and peas.

dessert was fresh strawberries with whipped cream.  

chessiejo
Crew

chessiejo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:55 pm
i shredded some beef with plum tomatoes and crushed garlic and used them to stuff peppers. i also use paprika, lot of it. the side was steamed yams.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:18 pm
here is a successful experiment:

parboil some chicken breasts. Cool them in the fridge until they are easy to cut.

scoop the insides out of some sweet colored peppers (red, yellow, orange)

dust them with kosher salt and microwave them for a few minutes until they start to sweat and soften.

Heat your oven to 375 F.

Cut the chicken into chunks, brown in oil over medium high heat. Add sals (I like Paul Newman's) and some tomato paste or sauce. I also added smoky paprika.

Fill the peppers with the chicken and sauce, Top with shredded cheddar. Place in baking dishes with a little water around them.

Cook for 30 minutes.

Serve with brown rice.  

chessiejo
Crew

chessiejo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:36 pm
my friends like chili cheese dip.

get some good canned chili without soy filler and without beans (we like Wolf's Texas brand)

put five cans of it in a slow crockery cooker with five boxes of cream cheese (Philadelphia is good; Neuchatel has less fat) and warm it for a few hours with the lid on. Stir it up every half hour or it will get crusty on the sides.

use some scoop shaped nacho chips, and enjoy.

honestly, we never have leftovers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:21 am
oh, you reallly have to try this version of a s'more:

take two of those sorts of graham crackers that come dusted with cinnamon sugar?

and slice an apple very thin and lay it across one, and then cover the apple slices with raisins.

then toast a marshmallow and smoosh it over the fruit, and top it all with the other cinnamon graham cracker.

'tis a whole new taste sensation!  

chessiejo
Crew

chessiejo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:20 pm
quick huevos rancheros:

whip some eggs and sea salt together and add Paul Newman's medium hot bean and corn salsa.

in a greased frying pan, heat the mixture about a third of the way from medium to high.

stir occasionally; when the eggs just start getting a little "tanned" looking, add shredded asiago.

devour!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:22 pm
Asian chicken and green beans:

slice up some chicken, lightly brown it in hot oil; set aside,

cook green beans (fresh ones are best, avoid canned ones) in coconut milk
add baby corn; season with salt, ginger and pressed garlic.

add the chicken; cook until the liquid is reduced by one half

i like to serve this with rice, but it is fine all by itself  

chessiejo
Crew

chessiejo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:52 am
cook vermicelli al dente, with sea salt
while it boils, brown up some "little smokies" sausages along with hamburger, chopped onion and minced garlic. and salt.
turn down the heat and add tomato sauce to the meat (i like to cook down some plum tomatoes until they turn to sauce, and add salt, oregano, garlic and basil, plus a little olive oil)
i serve the pasta and sauce separately because people like to mix different amounts.

i like to use shredded parmesan, not the kind in a jar (which is too often combined with cellulose!); have it available on the table, along with cayenne pepper flakes.

for salad i have radicchio with cherry tomatoes, a few onion slices, sliced boiled eggs, and roasted red pepper dressing.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:29 pm
Chocolate almond milk, Skinny Popcorn  

Different...Very.
Vice Captain

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

chessiejo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:03 am