Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Sol Walker generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 14!

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:33 pm
hey, its the closest we can get.  
Durza the Shade generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 13!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:48 am
True.  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 22!

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:00 pm
Be glad you're not betting your starship buddy. so far I seem to be on a winning streak.  
Durza the Shade generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 11!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:59 pm
Indeed. Incidentally, we've completely derailed this thread. Oh, well.

edit: Ugh. *shoves stack of credit chips in Cale's direction*  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:31 pm
*Chuckes as he thinks of buying another ship for his fleet*
so, since I might be in the market for one, lets discuss the Nebulon B.
Success or Failure?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:52 pm
As an anti-starfighter ship, which was it's original mission profile, the Nebulon B does its job. Any other capital ship just has to target that weak pylon between the two ship sections to cripple the thing, though. A volley of starfighter proton torps could even do it, which was one of the reasons the B-wing was designed. Although the Nebulon has seen success, I wonder how that design was ever approved for production.  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:54 pm
hmm. I see. and what about the Carrack Cruiser?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:05 pm
Very ordinary - a classic capital ship. Decent mix of firepower vs. targeting speed for antifighter work. Very cost-effective.

I think. The Carrack is ordinary enough that if it has any distinguishing features, I can't remember them at the moment.  

Durza the Shade

Wulf Wraithclaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:03 pm
Durza the Shade
As an anti-starfighter ship, which was it's original mission profile, the Nebulon B does its job. Any other capital ship just has to target that weak pylon between the two ship sections to cripple the thing, though. A volley of starfighter proton torps could even do it, which was one of the reasons the B-wing was designed. Although the Nebulon has seen success, I wonder how that design was ever approved for production.
not to mention it is handy to have in your fleet in SW:Empire at War also mrgreen *pssst! has anyone mentioned a Mon Calamari capital ship???*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:54 pm
probably at one point or another. but its a topic that can be brought up again.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:20 pm
Mon Cal cruisers never interested me. Except maybe the Mediator in Vector Prime.

I'm more of a Star Destroyer guy  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:05 pm
The greatest strength of the Mon Cal cruisers is their multiple redundant shield generators. They can take a hell of a beating. But you either have to have a mainly Mon Cal crew, or spend a boatload on display and interface units, because all the display screens and keyboards (and chairs, which are also computer input units) are designed for Mon Cals.

The downside to the shield generators is, of course, that they drain a lot of power. Bottom line, not very cost-effective ships.

edit: But you don't have to repair them as much, which is good, because each one is unique - very hard to get replacement parts, especially for the outer hull.  

Durza the Shade

Robin the Aussie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:35 am
After ages of curiousity eh I looked and found those Admurai Blade Fighters or a pic of them anyway.
Interesting looking.

http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=183  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:54 am
Hey Robin. Good ta see ya.
hmm...not too bladelike are they? kinda look more like frogs...  

Sol Walker
Crew

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:01 pm
Yeah, that doesn't match my mental picture. I don't remember them being split-tailed. I think mostly I expected them to be longer relative to the wingspan, and more sleek and swept-back.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games