Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:01 pm
Went nearly 19 years without having to hear old people sex....::rocks back and forth:: Damn my insomnia...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:21 pm
A few days ago, I got a $55 case to put my 'heater' in which constantly overheated in its old case because it was so small. Since then I've reinstalled the operating system.... with some interesting results. The computer is much faster than I remember and when I installed my favourite game UT2k4, the performance was about 10FPS (Frames per second) away from what my laptop does, but the problem with playing this game on my laptop is that the HDD in it is so slow so it doesn't load the game quickly, however my heater does, and yesterday it was still doing its usual thing of overheating, something I wasn't too concerned about. After installing new drivers for the video card, I then proceeded to try to overclock the graphics card to bring the difference between my laptop and computer to about 5FPS. I got the graphics card memory to about 290MHz before I tried to overclock the core of the graphics card, then I started having problem, it was having major problems. I talked to one of my friends and he suggested it was the RAM causing the problem. So I'm going out to get little heat sinks for the RAM today. But I also found out that the heatsink on the core of graphics card was very cool to the touch while the board was very hot, so I decided to invesigate (my friend said it would have a thermal pad... which is a little wax pad that melts under heat) and after struggling to get the heatsink off (I don't recommend doing this at 1AM like I did) I found it indeed have a thermal pad. I cleaned it off using a special liquid I have (which 'melts' the thermal pad for easy cleaning) and also found the surface of the heat sink to be very bad. It's rough and not smooth, I still applied a special paste to the core and put it back on and reassembled the rest of the computer. The results were clear when I felt the heatsink after gaming, the paste was doing much better since the heatsink was warm.

Anyway, the last bit which has shocked me was the CPU always used to be running at about 60c all the time. Now that has changed, although the air temp is cooler than yesterday, it still would run at 60c, even if it was cooler. Today, I saw the temp get lower and lower, running at 55c on load (during gaming) and 50-51c during idle. I have no explaination for this, since it didn't do that in the old case, and when I first installed the computer into the new case (which had a case fan), it was still doing the same. I think the special paste (the same as I applied to the graphics card) didn't cure in the old computer and now is in the new case. Either way, if that's the case, I should get a few more degrees cooler!

Other than that, life is normal.  

Crenn

Zanzarus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:50 pm
So, I started my college course today, and I found out I have to do Job Posting, or something, where I go to 5 different work places for a week, and work for them for free to learn about different stuff. So, I can't work my own job... And I can't spend time with my friends and stuff X.x for 5 weeks... it's sucky, but I'm sure I'll pull through.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm
We have 4 dogs in for training this month >.< One being a pit mix and everything she does is exactly like Nina. All her mannerisms are exactly like hers. They do this thing which we call a nose waffle where they're in the crate (or run) and just shove their nose into the bar and move their head around. But yeah..all the sounds and everything and their reactions are the same. It's also kind of weird because Sophie is very up and wagging when she sees Nina but as soon as another dog comes by, she lowers herself and starts growling.

The other dog is a GSD named Banshee and we did her obedience training previously, but now she's coming back for touch-ups on her cadaver work. Apparently pregnant people aren't supposed to be handling dead stuff.

Oh yeah..I've been doing acupuncture with my dog. SOrt of expensive because not a lot of people are into the unconventional side of medicine. They'd rather go through thousands of dollars in diagnostics before finally being referred to an acupuncturist then going to one themselves. So far...i think it's worked a lot better than putting her on meds would have.  

Rainey_angel81

Crenn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:09 pm
Well, I picked up the RAM sinks for the graphics card and have started to test the card out. It's shocking that the ram sinks did a lot. But I now have a stable overclock (more stable than I had it last night), but I've found the limit of the core of the GPU, which is kind of sad, but I'm happy I've got it to this stage. I'm hoping to bump up the RAM a bit more so I can get more performance, but I'm not holding my breath since the core is at it's max.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:43 am
FogSage
If some guy at McDonalds said "How may I help you?" in Spanish around here, there'd be a riot. There are a couple Hispanic people around here, and people don't seem to like them, namely because "they're stealing all the jobs, a huh huh huh." stare

Well, I don't mean to sound this way, but would YOU want to go and clean a airport restroom for those wages? No thank you.....

Here's the main thing: if that was the only reliable way of putting food on my table, I'd clean that restroom until it sparkled.

Really, the problem with this shade-ism stuff is that the darker your skin, the more difficult your economic life is (on average). Doesn't seem right to me, but then again, I don't like racism and have a strong communitarian streak.

shoki_de_nai
Went nearly 19 years without having to hear old people sex....::rocks back and forth:: Damn my insomnia...

Aww, hug them! Good for them, really.  

Shaviv

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:56 am
Fog didn't do his homework......dammit......T.T

*hides in his room for a while* gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:58 am
Krissim is exhausted, Krissim stayed up till 8 am studying, again. Krissim is speaking in third person, please feel free to shoot Krissim and end her misery. gonk

Disclamer- Any and all furs who attempt to shoot Krissim are at risk at facing the wrath of The Mantis Queen.  

Krissim Klaw

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:17 am
Krissim Klaw
Krissim is exhausted, Krissim stayed up till 8 am studying, again. Krissim is speaking in third person, please feel free to shoot Krissim and end her misery. gonk

Disclamer- Any and all furs who attempt to shoot Krissim are at risk at facing the wrath of The Mantis Queen.
*cuddles* Don't worry....Manda speaks in third-person often as well. Drives her coworkers crazy. No chance Krissim can get some rest sometime today?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:30 am
so brittany is going to the vet today to get her teeth looked at for surgery, her last owners really didnt do anything to them and they're caked with all sorts of stuff that i dont even know the name of anymore. So im really worried for her on how she eats, drinks, etc.

So today is the day of reckoning i guess for her  

cassie_chan

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:59 am
On the subject of insanity, all I will say is this.

It is YOUR repsonisibilty for your own well-being and state of mind. If you cannot cope with the mental and physical strains of life, that is YOUR fault, not the fault of other people or outside forces. Therefore, when someone claims that the reason they killed somebody was because they weren't in their right mind, it's a moot point, because regardless of whether they were in or out of their mind, it was still their mind and thus they had the concious choice to do what they did.

Illness is illness. If I have the flu, and I kill someone, I'm not going to go out and say "It was the flu's fault. I'm innocent."

Rant over.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:08 am
Affy got into a minor car accident today. I'm okay, my car is okay, but I'm just real shook up x.x Not fun. At least I got what I went out to get  

Af Mas

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:10 am
Manda_Tifa
Krissim Klaw

*cuddles* Don't worry....Manda speaks in third-person often as well. Drives her coworkers crazy. No chance Krissim can get some rest sometime today?
I'll probably only get a few hours of sleep here and there till Thursday night, till then I'm doomed to be so exhausted, I start rambling to myself as I'm walking to class, and forget what I'm rambling about. gonk

O.o and I keep forgetting to say, your avi looks very pretty, so much V-day spirit.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:19 am
Af Mas
Affy got into a minor car accident today. I'm okay, my car is okay, but I'm just real shook up x.x Not fun. At least I got what I went out to get
OMG, well I'm glad your ok, sounds nerve racking.  

Krissim Klaw

DeletedUsername420

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:52 am
FogSage
On the subject of insanity, all I will say is this.

It is YOUR repsonisibilty for your own well-being and state of mind. If you cannot cope with the mental and physical strains of life, that is YOUR fault, not the fault of other people or outside forces. Therefore, when someone claims that the reason they killed somebody was because they weren't in their right mind, it's a moot point, because regardless of whether they were in or out of their mind, it was still their mind and thus they had the concious choice to do what they did.

Illness is illness. If I have the flu, and I kill someone, I'm not going to go out and say "It was the flu's fault. I'm innocent."

Rant over.

Thats not true in all cases of course. The insanity defense gets overused, true, but there are situations where it would be somebody elses fault. Rare, yeah, but possible.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games