Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:55 am
FogSage
On the subject of insanity, all I will say is this.

It is YOUR repsonisibilty for your own well-being and state of mind. If you cannot cope with the mental and physical strains of life, that is YOUR fault, not the fault of other people or outside forces. Therefore, when someone claims that the reason they killed somebody was because they weren't in their right mind, it's a moot point, because regardless of whether they were in or out of their mind, it was still their mind and thus they had the concious choice to do what they did.

Illness is illness. If I have the flu, and I kill someone, I'm not going to go out and say "It was the flu's fault. I'm innocent."

Rant over.

This is probably why in Texas an insanity plea is an instant death sentence.

But the general purpose of making an insanity defense is to say that at the time the person was not in the right state of mind to tell the difference between right and wrong that they consciously did not know what they were doing and in normal circumstance they would have not committed the crime.

It is a bit of a scapegoat, I know, and is abused by the defense side in a trial, but it is damn hard to prove insanity. But what it all comes down to is people not taking responsibility for their own actions, finding something else to blame rather than standing up and saying "it was me, I did this."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:02 pm
Diana Vulpes
FogSage
On the subject of insanity, all I will say is this.

It is YOUR repsonisibilty for your own well-being and state of mind. If you cannot cope with the mental and physical strains of life, that is YOUR fault, not the fault of other people or outside forces. Therefore, when someone claims that the reason they killed somebody was because they weren't in their right mind, it's a moot point, because regardless of whether they were in or out of their mind, it was still their mind and thus they had the concious choice to do what they did.

Illness is illness. If I have the flu, and I kill someone, I'm not going to go out and say "It was the flu's fault. I'm innocent."

Rant over.

But the general purpose of making an insanity defense is to say that at the time the person was not in the right state of mind to tell the difference between right and wrong that they consciously did not know what they were doing and in normal circumstance they would have not committed the crime.
Diana was complete correct on that point. And they have to go through a mental evaluation test given by a psychiatrist to prove insanity or to prove themselves as liars. The psychiatrists can tell by behavior and what they choose or do in the test whether or not they are insane. Regardless, they are for the most part, caught in their own web if they lie about being insane.  

Leyla Giselle

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:06 pm
shoki_de_nai
Went nearly 19 years without having to hear old people sex....::rocks back and forth:: Damn my insomnia...
LOL XD You poor thing. My b/f witnessed his dad chasing his mom around and humping her like two weeks ago. So be glad you were spared the sight  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:08 pm
Shaviv

shoki_de_nai
Went nearly 19 years without having to hear old people sex....::rocks back and forth:: Damn my insomnia...

Aww, hug them! Good for them, really.

What? Why? They're not even married yet. gonk  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Crenn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:05 pm
shoki_de_nai
Shaviv

shoki_de_nai

So? A lot of teenagers aren't married and have sex. And it's good for their cardiovasular system.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:15 pm
Crenn
shoki_de_nai
Shaviv

shoki_de_nai

So? A lot of teenagers aren't married and have sex. And it's good for their cardiovasular system.

What I said was more aimed at why I should hug them. xp  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

DeletedUsername420

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:48 pm
I ******** hate my life and the situation I'm in, and I ******** hate myself cuz a good part of the reason Im in this situation is my fault, for not being able to emotinally cope with taking the necessary steps to help get me out. I just don't know what the hell to do anymore. I'm struggling to try not to break down and just cry, I cant let myself do that, only reason I'm managing so far is that I'm blocking my emotions so I can function.

/rant  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:08 pm
Feline Apathy
I ******** hate my life and the situation I'm in, and I ******** hate myself cuz a good part of the reason Im in this situation is my fault, for not being able to emotinally cope with taking the necessary steps to help get me out. I just don't know what the hell to do anymore. I'm struggling to try not to break down and just cry, I cant let myself do that, only reason I'm managing so far is that I'm blocking my emotions so I can function.

/rant

No good ever came of blocking emotions. Emotions are what make us human, and for you to block them and carry on as though all is well when it clearly isn't will only put a tremendous strain on you, as is evident in your post.

I also don't like crying, but I feel sadness, I feel pain, I just don't show it as outwardly as most people do. You should allow yourself to have feelings, but know your limits. It's a delicate balance.  

FogSage

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:33 pm
Krissim Klaw
Manda_Tifa
Krissim Klaw
Krissim is exhausted, Krissim stayed up till 8 am studying, again. Krissim is speaking in third person, please feel free to shoot Krissim and end her misery. gonk

Disclamer- Any and all furs who attempt to shoot Krissim are at risk at facing the wrath of The Mantis Queen.
*cuddles* Don't worry....Manda speaks in third-person often as well. Drives her coworkers crazy. No chance Krissim can get some rest sometime today?
I'll probably only get a few hours of sleep here and there till Thursday night, till then I'm doomed to be so exhausted, I start rambling to myself as I'm walking to class, and forget what I'm rambling about. gonk

O.o and I keep forgetting to say, your avi looks very pretty, so much V-day spirit.
Awww...thank you! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:10 pm
*sigh* In regards to packing: You know you have a problem when you can't FIT all of your shoes into one box..... sweatdrop  

Manda_Tifa

Albino Mongoose

6,350 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:41 pm
Manda_Tifa
*sigh* In regards to packing: You know you have a problem when you can't FIT all of your shoes into one box..... sweatdrop

With me, it would be an issue of fitting all my plushies in a box. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:12 pm
Albino Mongoose
Manda_Tifa

Heh....it's proving to be a real hassle. My mom was nice enough to offer to drive down with me back to Fla. later in the month to pick up my stuff so I don't have to worry about shipping it. Now the real dilemma boils down to what I absolutely HAVE to have with me between now and then. I mean, sure warm clothes and toilettries are a Must...but then there's my computer, my Gamecube (still working on my Zelda games), games, at LEAST one plush...

It just occurred to me that the easiest way to do this would be to pack what I HAVE to have first, then just throw the rest of the crap in random boxes and such.... sweatdrop

Talk about last minute packing...my flight is in less than 3 days.... xp  

Manda_Tifa

LilKitty115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:48 am
Manda_Tifa
Albino Mongoose
Manda_Tifa

Heh....it's proving to be a real hassle. My mom was nice enough to offer to drive down with me back to Fla. later in the month to pick up my stuff so I don't have to worry about shipping it. Now the real dilemma boils down to what I absolutely HAVE to have with me between now and then. I mean, sure warm clothes and toilettries are a Must...but then there's my computer, my Gamecube (still working on my Zelda games), games, at LEAST one plush...

It just occurred to me that the easiest way to do this would be to pack what I HAVE to have first, then just throw the rest of the crap in random boxes and such.... sweatdrop

Talk about last minute packing...my flight is in less than 3 days.... xp
Pack your warmest shoes!!! It's really cold up here!! It's been in the teens for the last week with some nasty wind chills (at least in Maine, but it's still really cold in Vermont) But make sure you have something strappy for when we go out dancing wink As for necessities... I know you can't live without your computer, GameCubes are small, but only bring one game if you want to bring it.

And something else that's made me curious... are you moving back in with your mate?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:08 am
FogSage
Feline Apathy

/rant

No good ever came of blocking emotions. Emotions are what make us human, and for you to block them and carry on as though all is well when it clearly isn't will only put a tremendous strain on you, as is evident in your post.

I also don't like crying, but I feel sadness, I feel pain, I just don't show it as outwardly as most people do. You should allow yourself to have feelings, but know your limits. It's a delicate balance.

I dunno. Its not that I dont feel emotion, I just can't release it or whatever. I just seem to be able to get angry easily because I can't handle much more without losing it emotionally, and so I get angry cuz it like lets me be defensive and whatever, so whatever is happening doesnt get through and effect me emotionally....

*sigh*  

DeletedUsername420

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:44 am
Feline Apathy

I dunno. Its not that I dont feel emotion, I just can't release it or whatever. I just seem to be able to get angry easily because I can't handle much more without losing it emotionally, and so I get angry cuz it like lets me be defensive and whatever.

*sigh*

You just need something to help release all those pent up emotions. Something you can do to work out all your anger and frustration in a positive way.

Exercising, taking up a martial art, or other sport, playing a violent video game; these all tend to work for me depending on my mood. Also sometimes a good yiff, or pawing, session can do the trick as well. Whatever helps relieve the tension on my body and mind.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games