Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:55 pm
yes i do agree about that. its really hard to get people to be part of a study especially if you are looking for something specific to study. for medical stuff i think it might be a little easier, depending on where the study is performed, but i think often people get referred to participate if they meet the criteria. its the criteria i dont always like because its often very specific.

i really hate it when we do statistical analysis on animal models for things. its easy to have screwed data and since its matter of how many animals you can afford to maintain. plus they die easily. especially the transgenic mice. i feel sorry for those little mice crying  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:11 pm
You know what's kinda funny?

This is the most intellectual discussion I've had here in a long time.

Anyways, yeah, that's another thing. Medical science has to be tested, and unfortunately, that means accidents are gonna happen. I'm an animal lover, but I can understand the need for stuff like that, just like how I can be comfortable eating burgers when I got a dairy herd in the backyard roaming around and grazing.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:28 pm
heh yeah its nice talking about this sort of thing. kinda feel like everyone else is wonder what the hell we are talking about >.> yah know since its not SW related or geeky nerd stuff.

yup accidents will happen. you wouldnt believe how many accidents happen in science. we have protocols but people still make mistakes. we are only human after all. and while i dislike the use of mice and other animals in science they do teach us something in the end. sadly they have to die but you can say its for the greater good.

burgers are yummy. smile i cant imagine my life without beef, pork or any meat in general.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:44 pm
I can, but I do like burgers and chicken every now and then. This kinda stuff makes me wanna call myself the vegetarian version of a technical pacifist. Whether I eat the meat or not, it won't change the fact that the animal's already been killed, and if I don't, someone else will, so I won't be accomplishing anything by refusing to eat it.

At the same time though, if the animal is still alive and won't be killed until someone wants to eat it, I wouldn't go for it. In that situation, my decision would actually make a difference and I just can't do that.

Fortunately, I like pizza more than anything. Specifically, a large, deepdish with extra cheese from Domino's. That's good stuff.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:14 pm
i could live without said beef, chicken or pork. i wouldnt go total vegggie though. that would be too hard. fish and seafood would be my only joy, along with tofu.mmm tofu. you know those soy burgers dont taste half bad.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:14 am
Best liscense plate ever.

I heart TOFU  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:19 am
lol TOFU WIN  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:44 am
The sex joke makes it a win.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:22 am
ninja *steals your tofu*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:04 pm
Sure, take the tofu, but in return, I'm gonna steal your virg... Uh, nevermind. rolleyes  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:46 pm
haha you gotta be ninja to steal that ninja ninja ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:07 pm
I don't like stealing that. I'd prefer to win it after getting you naked after a few rounds in a friendly card game. blaugh  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:12 pm
oh that wont be difficult to do. i suck at poker sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:40 pm
* deals cards *

wink  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:45 pm
meep neutral  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games