Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:44 pm
I have my own views and beliefs, and I can respect people that don't share those same values, because everyone's entitled to their own mind.

I do have a friend that seems to have a psychological disorder though, like some mental issue when it comes to acceptance.

I mean, we're talking a guy that refuses to believe a scientific fact just because it doesn't " sound right " unless you can prove it to him, because he's determined that every single view he has about everything is right, and won't accept even the possibility that he might be wrong unless you can prove it, and half the time, irrefutable proof results in him agreeing that he MIGHT be wrong. It's the fact that he's that way about everything that makes me think it's a psychological issue.

An example is when I pointed out that for the most part, which implies I do have certain exceptions, I'm pro-life. He immediately asks me why, like he can't understand why I want to force everyone to have kids and just taking it to the extreme, when all I was saying is that under normal circumstances, I don't agree with abortion.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:04 am
having your own beliefs is great. i just dont like it when it seems like people have been brainwashed towards such beliefs without really exploring the other beliefs/ideas of the world.

but yes to each his/her own.

your friend kinda reminds me of this 5year old i just recently babysat for. when kids have a certain thought about something it often hard to get them to see your side. its like they are right and you (the adult) is wrong. granted there are times where adults are wrong, but i'm just referring to simple stuff like being able to write the number 4. he writes it backwards and tells me i am wrong. he also questioned whether i spell things correctly or write them correctly, just because it doesnt look like the way he writes. granted he is 5 so i'm not going to have an argument with a 5 year old when i know i am right. he will either learn eventually, just like your friend, or he wont.

i'm just hoping the 5 year old will not be so stubborn to ALWAYS think he is right.

but getting back to the point about your friend...he is either mentally in capable of seeing another persons view point on anything or he just is that stubborn on thinking he is right. either way its seems rather futile to argue with him if he cant understand the other point of view.

pro-life vs pro-choice. i've debated over that for years. i'm set on the belief that if you are human make up your own damn mind about wanting a child or not wanting the child, no matter the circumstances. we all have to live with our consequences at the end of the day, and people shouldnt look down on us just because they didnt like the choices WE made. all i ask is that you know the consequences of the decision you are about to make, if you can.
because sometimes its hard to see passes the choices we make if we dont understand them.

on a side note i wonder if anyone else would like to join in our discussion. i'm kinda curious why nobody else has chimmed in their two cents about an of the things we have been talking about.  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:34 am
They're probably waiting for us to go into a pseudo-lesbian routine again.

Either that, or school and the upcoming holidays, etc. are in the way.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:14 am
heh personally i think we just scared everybody else off. i guess its too intellectual for them *shrug*

*huggles DA*  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 am
I just don't play with that kind of fire over the net much anymore, and with the 'rents in town, not much time online either...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:07 am
well now this line of topic is probably dead....moo ninja  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

iKuumi

Lonely Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:14 am
ninja ninja

Chuu..  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:54 am
blah....  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:39 pm
pirate  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 am
mrgreen  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:09 am
Moo.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:17 am
mew mew  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

iKuumi

Lonely Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:54 pm
Hm.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:41 pm
blargh blargh blargh...honk....  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:41 pm
Hey, does this shotgun barrel looked clogged to you?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games