Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:45 am
LilKitty115
Manda_Tifa
Albino Mongoose
Manda_Tifa
*sigh* In regards to packing: You know you have a problem when you can't FIT all of your shoes into one box..... sweatdrop

With me, it would be an issue of fitting all my plushies in a box. gonk
Heh....it's proving to be a real hassle. My mom was nice enough to offer to drive down with me back to Fla. later in the month to pick up my stuff so I don't have to worry about shipping it. Now the real dilemma boils down to what I absolutely HAVE to have with me between now and then. I mean, sure warm clothes and toilettries are a Must...but then there's my computer, my Gamecube (still working on my Zelda games), games, at LEAST one plush...

It just occurred to me that the easiest way to do this would be to pack what I HAVE to have first, then just throw the rest of the crap in random boxes and such.... sweatdrop

Talk about last minute packing...my flight is in less than 3 days.... xp
Pack your warmest shoes!!! It's really cold up here!! It's been in the teens for the last week with some nasty wind chills (at least in Maine, but it's still really cold in Vermont) But make sure you have something strappy for when we go out dancing wink As for necessities... I know you can't live without your computer, GameCubes are small, but only bring one game if you want to bring it.

And something else that's made me curious... are you moving back in with your mate?
Warm shoes, strappy clothes....got it. wink

I'm moving in with him temporarily, but I'm not staying there (could YOU live with his mother for long periods of time? I didn't think so.) It's just for a place to stay until I can settle down on my own. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:00 pm
Manda_Tifa
LilKitty115
Manda_Tifa
Albino Mongoose
Manda_Tifa
*sigh* In regards to packing: You know you have a problem when you can't FIT all of your shoes into one box..... sweatdrop

Heh....it's proving to be a real hassle. My mom was nice enough to offer to drive down with me back to Fla. later in the month to pick up my stuff so I don't have to worry about shipping it. Now the real dilemma boils down to what I absolutely HAVE to have with me between now and then. I mean, sure warm clothes and toilettries are a Must...but then there's my computer, my Gamecube (still working on my Zelda games), games, at LEAST one plush...

It just occurred to me that the easiest way to do this would be to pack what I HAVE to have first, then just throw the rest of the crap in random boxes and such.... sweatdrop

Pack your warmest shoes!!! It's really cold up here!! It's been in the teens for the last week with some nasty wind chills (at least in Maine, but it's still really cold in Vermont) But make sure you have something strappy for when we go out dancing wink As for necessities... I know you can't live without your computer, GameCubes are small, but only bring one game if you want to bring it.

And something else that's made me curious... are you moving back in with your mate?

I'm moving in with him temporarily, but I'm not staying there (could YOU live with his mother for long periods of time? I didn't think so.) It's just for a place to stay until I can settle down on my own. 3nodding
Sounds like a good plan, I don't know anyone who live with her for any period of time. The woman is a nutcase, but you don't need me to tell you that.  

LilKitty115

DeletedUsername420

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:23 pm
LilKitty115
Manda_Tifa
LilKitty115
Manda_Tifa
Albino Mongoose
Manda_Tifa

Sounds like a good plan, I don't know anyone who live with her for any period of time. The woman is a nutcase, but you don't need me to tell you that.

Just be glad its not MY (grand)mother. sweatdrop lol  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:01 pm
FogSage
On the subject of insanity, all I will say is this.

It is YOUR repsonisibilty for your own well-being and state of mind. If you cannot cope with the mental and physical strains of life, that is YOUR fault, not the fault of other people or outside forces. Therefore, when someone claims that the reason they killed somebody was because they weren't in their right mind, it's a moot point, because regardless of whether they were in or out of their mind, it was still their mind and thus they had the concious choice to do what they did.

Illness is illness. If I have the flu, and I kill someone, I'm not going to go out and say "It was the flu's fault. I'm innocent."

Rant over.

On the one hand: recognize that in psychotic disorders, the prefrontal areas of the brain are strongly deactivated. What do the prefrontal areas do? Well, they're basically inhibitory. They work to prevent internal drives from being expressed as behavior. This is why people who undergo lobotomy (e.g., Phineas Gage) show a total loss of executive control over their behavior. Yes?

Well, someone whose frontal lobes are not working and, in this state, has gone and killed someone, has definitely done something; but I question the justice of punishing him for doing it. In the first place, someone who is floridly psychotic may be unaware of what he is doing, or unaware that it is real. (It may appear, for example, to be all a movie in which one is a character with a certain role to play.) Second, with damaged or nonfunctional frontal lobes, you would not be able to prevent an impulse from becoming behavior. The thought of preventing yourself from acting on the impulse might not even occur to you.

Someone who, in the depth of a psychotic break, commits some crime should be pitied, not punished. He should be pitied because, due to his lack of control, he needs to be put somewhere safe and cared for until and unless he can be trusted.

On the other hand, there is this idea that no matter what, you're responsible for what you do, whatever responsibility actually means (and I'm honestly not sure I know). So maybe it does make sense to punish people for wrongdoing no matter what.

I couldn't tell you.  

Shaviv

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:17 pm
I'm gonna be raising commission prices again by next month, at the advice of an amazing artist friend of mine. They will be raised $10 (except for sketches and Furcadia ports), or 10k here.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:35 pm
Went to my Personal Health and Wellness college course this evening and found out two things.

1. I hate annoying blond middle age women.

2. I hate annoying, loud, blond, middle age, right-wing, gay bashing women.

=_=

Instructor: *brings up phobias in class*

Annoying b***h: EW, GAY PEOPLE! I HATE THEM AFTER I WATCHED THAT STUPID "BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN MOVIE"! I MEAN, THAT'S SO DISGUSTING, WHAT THEY DO! I HOPE THEY REALIZE THAT IT'S DISGUSTING!"

Annoying b***h 2: YEAH, TOTALLY! IT'S LIKE, SO NASTY!

Rest of students: ................
Instructor: ........

Me: *glowers at them both, wishing each a painful and hideous demise*  

FogSage

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:59 pm
Hey, what happens when the phones at a call center go down?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:00 pm
shoki_de_nai

Chaos ensues! Lawl.

...Almost needless to say, work was exciting tonight.  

Albino Mongoose

6,350 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

Crenn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:16 pm
Leyla Giselle
I'm gonna be raising commission prices again by next month, at the advice of an amazing artist friend of mine. They will be raised $10 (except for sketches and Furcadia ports), or 10k here.

What about outstanding commisions?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:17 pm
shoki_de_nai
The customers don't notice too much of a difference!  

Crenn

Albino Mongoose

6,350 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:25 pm
Crenn
shoki_de_nai

Ouch man, that hurts. Hurts bad. I'mma go cry now.

But seriously, what happens is that the phone's go wonky in different ways for different people and supervisors run around going "Stay on the line, stay available! We'll be back up in a few minutes!" Leaving Shoki with like, 7min of awkward silence unsure of whether there's a person on the other end of the phone. >_>  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:34 pm
Albino Mongoose
Crenn
shoki_de_nai

Ouch man, that hurts. Hurts bad. I'mma go cry now.

But seriously, what happens is that the phone's go wonky in different ways for different people and supervisors run around going "Stay on the line, stay available! We'll be back up in a few minutes!" Leaving Shoki with like, 7min of awkward silence unsure of whether there's a person on the other end of the phone. >_>
You have to wait and hope. If you hear someone on the phone, then you just apologise (if it's the same person) and continue your job. That's all I can think.  

Crenn

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:40 pm
LilKitty115
Manda_Tifa
LilKitty115
Manda_Tifa
Albino Mongoose
Manda_Tifa

It's gonna be for at LEAST 3 weeks, cause in late Feb my mom, brother, and I are driving down in the Nissan to pick up the rest of my crap so I don't have to ship it. So I can't even really job-search yet, cause who's gonna hire someone who's going away again in 3 weeks? rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:53 am

my creativity is suffering...inspiration is shot..

For those of you waiting on art. Those who have set up trades with me for the payment you will be getting art when I return from being on haitus.. Those of you haven't......you're not getting s**t. You apparently didn't read my post and I need to lessen the amount of work I need to do. (if you really want it then set up a trade.. otherwise I'm dropping the commission)

Don't harrass me on how long it's taking..That's the last thing I need right now..

I'll be back when I've rested and less stressed. Life just really sucks right now.

yes..I'm an a*****e..-____-  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:37 am
Overslept and missed most of my Microcomputer Apps class, went and redid an assignment I didn't need to for no good reason, and showed up for the last fifteen minutes of the class. Boy, what a good day this is turning out to be....=_=  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games