Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Nelowulf
K-Blade
I wonder what color I should paint my ship. confused
Passionate Firetruck red?

Don’t know, like the colors pink, well hot neon pink, black flat or gloss don’t matter, purple, forest greens and browns. Red is ok, but it’s over used; I may just keep its stock paint job from the factory in honor of my favorite starship and hotrod of all hotrods.
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:18 pm

Meh, drab durasteel grey just doesn't suit me.

It's not jsut colors, it's patterns that you can draw as well.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:57 pm

Like pin stripes or racing stripes, hell lets put a big ‘o’ phoenix on the hood, er nose of the thing. Or flames at the a** end with a sharks grin on the front. That it, I’ll keep it grey and put a set of teeth on it’s nose, maybe some wicked looking eyes along the fuselage.
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:00 pm

Funny you should mention sharks, with that picture of the new fightercraft that Cale supplied me...

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Not really that surprising, it’s a common paint scheme, for fast lethal crafts, even seen it on a few cars and trucks. twisted
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:15 pm

It's kind of hard to really do something, as the age of dogfighting was in a predominantly male era. So it makes finding something to be inspired by to be difficult.

Even in movies, it's always the men who are pilots. Something about a cocky woman just doesn't sit well with audiences when it comes to big boy toys.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Women make better pilots actually. They're on average shorter and lighter than men and are better able to multitask which is a boon given the number of things a Pilot has to keep track of in a fighter.

And you cant go wrong with red.
Red ones go faster.
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Nelowulf
It's kind of hard to really do something, as the age of dogfighting was in a predominantly male era. So it makes finding something to be inspired by to be difficult.

Even in movies, it's always the men who are pilots. Something about a cocky woman just doesn't sit well with audiences when it comes to big boy toys.

Seen the movie ‘Stealth’?

K-Blade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Women also have slower reflexes on average, and due to their ability to multitask better, it also comes with the price of being less able to focus on a single task as well.

Frankly though, I don't believe that any sex is any better than any other. The so-called 'advantages' in this day and age are nullified by the fact nobody dogfights. It's all about 10-20 mile missle locks anymore. Don't believe me, then look at the proposed idea for the B-1R, a B1 with 20 external AAMRAM missles to be used as long range fire support.
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:28 pm

K-Blade
Nelowulf

Seen the movie ‘Stealth’?

Define 'watch'. I saw it in the drive in on the other screen, while my parents watched oceans 13, or whatever the last one was.

And Jessica Biel was in there for eye candy. But one female actress pales in comparison to the multitudes of male pilots that I could list off in retaliation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymfDLRo0KgM

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Don’t get to cocky about those magical missiles, not that long ago some idiot decided that in this modern day and age that dog fighting was a thing of the past so they made a few fighter jets with out a gun on it. I’m sure that you know what happened, so I won’t go into it. If missiles were the end all to the fight then we wouldn’t still be putting guns on our new fighter jets. You can still shoot bullets into your foe even at super sonic speeds when technology fails. Anything made by man can and will fail at some time in its operational life span.
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:40 pm

The few, the proud, Woman’s Air Corp. it is a male dominated world that I live in and I’m always hearing things like that. It’s very hard to find strong females role models.

K-Blade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:41 pm

*nod*

THe F-4 went through more than 9 revamps until they added guns on it. The F-4 J, I believe, was the fighter that had guns put on it due to the massive losses in the air because sparrow missles suuuuckk...

However, you're preaching with the pastor here. I hate pilots nowadays because even I can beat them in the simulators guns only. The US has so much emphasis on it's missle magics that they think they've overcome the handicap. So a missle can turn onto a target that's 60 degrees away from your nose? Big whoop. You can carry 12 missles. tops. You can hold a hell of a lot of flare/chaff launchers and ammunition that you could have replace those things.

And seriously, I still get sick at the sight of a B-1 with missle racks mounted underneath with more AAMRAMs than a naval patrol boat....
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:42 pm

This conversation should probably be best continued in the Imperial War Room.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 pm

K-Blade
The few, the proud, Woman’s Air Corp. it is a male dominated world that I live in and I’m always hearing things like that. It’s very hard to find strong females role models.

Ugh. Tell me about it.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games