Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:35 pm

Here's a thought: Should Shotesu be upgraded to Knight level by the next chapter?
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:48 am

Depends. Has his force powers and lightsaber skills increased to a level which warrants a skill in battle equivalent to a knight?

Skuld's been focusing on nothing but battle and using her force abilities. The only thing that I've seen Shotesu do is simply use his abilities to make things pleasurable. He might be the master of orgasm and ********, but past that, I'd need some proof that he's actualy been doing some training at all.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:52 am

He's also wasting his strength on overly showy moves and isnt showing real Sithly qualities.
Allowing the Jedi to make the first move? Normally Sith would be the first to strike, being that they're more aggressive. Letting a Jedi make the first move to a Sith is like admitting you're afraid to advance and take victory.

Edit: Still, it is a Month. Depending on what he does he might get somewhere. On the other hand its only a month. Not alot of time to advance to a level it takes years to normally reach. And Calliga has incomplete training.
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:00 pm

Not entirely.

The problem of the train of thought is the idea about letting the jedi move first means stalemate more than action. Jedi are just going to gab on and on until a sith makes a move to react to. So a sith, who's patience is usually rather limited, is often the instigator.

It also tends to follow my theory that after a while, the sith's anger will diminish somewhat, making him weaker the longer he waits.

I dont' personally mind the overly showy moves so much as he hasn't practiced his skills in battle before your character arrived, much less practiced anything. He has no offensive skills, no lightsaber techniques, and the most effective thing he's learned is perhaps emotion manipulation, which has only a very limited application for a sith when under the gun.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:06 pm

Something else I have a question with:

Quote:
Straining and visibly tired, Calliga continued his use of the force-This time to jar the delicate plasmatic ignitions array inside the gun that fired the bullets; this mechanical surgery caused the gun to jam, failing to fire.

Pash is using a Slugthrower. While there is a chemical reaction, the gun bears more incommon with modern hand guns than anything in sci fi. Its purely a mechanical device. No electronics involved.
So where's this Plasmatic Ignitions array? Is my knowledge of modern firearms workings flawed? Is this an overly technical description of an aspect of the fireing mechanism? or is Shotetsu under a false impression of how my slugthrower works?
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:28 pm

While I know very little in terms of SW blasters, the trigger mechanism releases the seer, which allows the springs to launch the firing pin into the primer, which causes the bullet to discharge, blowing the bolt back and the ejector releases the cartridge while the magazine pushes the next cartridge into place, as the bolt slides back into firing position.

For a semi-auto, or fully auto, rifle/pistol/gun/thing.

So, plasmatic ignitions array says only one or two possible things. The first is an electronic trigger, which instead of using mechanical levers to fire, allows for the connection of two plates to be put together and set the wheels in motion. Of course, this is a very sophisticated device which is often prone to failure, which is why the application of the electronic trigger is strictly in olympic or sport shooting, when mechanical failure can be used as an excuse to restart one's personal match.

The other possibility might be that of a spark plug instead of a firing pin, to ignite the powder of the said cartridge. Essenctially, this reduces the amount of moving parts in a rifle, but due to obvious flaws, this idea is quickly abandoned for safer and more reliable techniques.

So, with that in mind, if no such device is in a slugthrower to begin with, I'd first ask him what he's talking about and second, consider where the heck he's getting a plasmatic ignitions array from to begin with. It sounds like something you'd find on a blaster rifle more than a slugthrower. Or even a wookiee bowcaster.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:41 pm

I let him get away with it anyway for RP purposes and just shrugged it off by saying he somehow managed to jam my gun.
But in the future I'm probably going to argue against such technical usage of the Force.

Only real Gear Heads who know the exact inner workings of a device can use the Force in the manner he is suggesting. Anakin Solo and possibly Jaina Solo are the only people Ive seen with this "Force Mechanical Aptitude" skill. Anakin claimed he could see into machines and knew how they worked, which Luke claimed was a special skill. This was during the 1st Corellian Insurrection when he was eight.

Calliga has, to my knowledge, shown no such aptitude. This is also probably his first real encounter with a Slugthrower. While a comparatively simple device by technical standards of the era, its pretty much a rare weapon of choice in this time and thus he wouldnt have complete knowledge of how it works, though he may know what it is.
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Not to mention an incredible waste of effort and focus to reach a desired effect. Most knights would have difficulty keeping up, much less an apprentice.

But meh, what's done is done, move on.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:05 pm

Agreed.
Moving on.
Methinks the way he keeps referencing elapsed time, he's either planted a bomb on the freighter or has called for backup.
500 gold says its a freighter bomb.
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:56 pm

Cale Darksun
Yeah. I'm a regular Goran Beviin.
Excuse? Oh whats that? You're sorry? Yeah, I thought so.

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Jaden_Ordo
Cale Darksun

You have something against Goran Beviin?
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:05 pm

Cale Darksun
Jaden_Ordo
Cale Darksun

I was defending him. Goran Beviin is not bitter and gay.

At least... not in canonical knowledge.

Jaden_Ordo

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:05 pm

Where are the CotS bios?
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:11 pm

Jaden_Ordo
Cale Darksun
Jaden_Ordo
Cale Darksun

Yes, he is Gay and is openly stated as such in the novel Bloodlines.
And he's got a pretty bitter attitude about Boba Fett.

Also, CotS Bios are in the Memory Banks.

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:21 pm

Cale Darksun
Jaden_Ordo
Cale Darksun
Jaden_Ordo
Cale Darksun

Yes, he is Gay and is openly stated as such in the novel Bloodlines.
And he's got a pretty bitter attitude about Boba Fett.

Also, CotS Bios are in the Memory Banks.
Bullshit. What page?
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games