Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeletedUsername420

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:39 am
Krissim Klaw

Feline Apathy- You can buy mantises at your garden shop?!?!?! I'm so jealous. Well for one, I'm in the U.S. and this isn't a U.S. mantis so don't see these guys sold for anything but pets. Really main difference is temperment, eating habits, growth stages, looks, and those sort of things. Kind of like how tigers and lions are both felines but they are different all the same. One of the things I find most interesting about this species is they can be kept together in the same cage with usually no cannaziblation (sp?). One day I would like to get 3-5 of them and house them together in my own little swarm of mantisness. XD

Yeah, you buy them in coccons or whatever, so they hopefully hatch and the mantis's will eat the bugs bothering your garden...Pretty sure theyre just the basic green mantis's.

Gotta ask, what gave you the idea of mantis's as pets? It never occured to me as being something one would have except from an entymology perspective...or any insect for that matter. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:06 pm
Congratulations on your new baby mantis, Kriss!! If it looks anything like the picture you linked to, it's wicked cute (yea, I say wicked). And the GRE is the one for grad school, a GED is like a delayed high school diploma.

Here's to passing the test, Cobra! I have no doubts that you will.  

LilKitty115

Lady Cobra Smirk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:37 pm
Krissim Klaw
Cobra- Yay, you passed the GED... ok I have no idea what that test is for. Is it the one for graduate school? It's always nice though to see you have most of the knowledge you need and don't need to prep much.
User Image

Haven't passed yet. Took the PRE-GED today. Get my results back next week.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:24 pm
Lady Cobra Smirk
sounds like a cue for a picture Kakky..>>

Krissim Klaw
Manda/Kaky- You guys are two funny. Who knows though, the name would fit. He is a ghost mantis, and he will be driven to catch everything in his sight. I agree with Cobra though, you so need to do a picture with a ghost mantis or maybe Danny as a ghost mantis.

So you have wished it. So shall it be!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

DeletedUsername420

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:25 pm
I took the GED a while back....it was pretty easy. I totally suck at math and writing, as in "having to relearn the last two years of HS at least when I go to community college" suck. Didn't study, just went in and took it, and it was very easy IMO....had to laugh at how concerned I had gotten over whether or not I would pass. It's not at all like the prep books portray it.

Good luck on it tho...just dont stress out about it XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:55 pm
Dad rebroke his broken leg. The IDIOT.

Oh, and he has an infection, so there's a possibility of him losing the leg. He's incredibly morose about that prospect, and, from my understanding, when he was told that he might lose it, he broke down crying and told the doctor that it would be better for him to kill him than for him to be disabled.

I really wish my family wasn't so dramatic. =_=  

FogSage

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:23 pm
FogSage
Zanzarus
Crenn
FogSage
Anyone else not really that broken up over Anna Nicole Smith dying?

It was sudden....and I doubt anyone really cared. She was famous for being a golddigging whore....

Who is Anna Nicole Smith?

I have to agree ^^;;; I have no idea who she is.

Oh, you jest. Surely you know of her?

She married this 89-year old oil tycoon, got his money when he died, and carried his ashes around in a little jar on that horrid tv show of hers which was thankfully cut from TV. Blonde, busty, and stupid. Maybe you heard about it when she had her baby and then a day later her son died?
She was also a Playboy bunny. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:28 pm
FogSage

Oh, and he has an infection, so there's a possibility of him losing the leg. He's incredibly morose about that prospect, and, from my understanding, when he was told that he might lose it, he broke down crying and told the doctor that it would be better for him to kill him than for him to be disabled.

Losing a leg isn't that bad because technology can sort of replace a leg.  

Crenn

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:32 pm
Crenn
FogSage

Yeah, I know that, and I'm sure dad knows it. It was bad enough he broke his leg, but to lose it...if that happens, my life is going to be very difficult.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:00 pm
Crenn
FogSage

If you can afford it, Crenn.

My work, I like to think that if I contribute to the understanding of how human beings learn language, that will contribute to therapies that may bring speech to those who cannot speak for themselves. Wonderful, right? But... whatever technology I help bring about through my research, it's only going to be available to people who can pay.

Not necessarily pay directly - but you'd need good insurance, you know? A lot of insurance plans won't cover seeing a therapist, even if he practices the best of cognitive-behavioral therapy. Mine, for example, doesn't.

You want antibiotics for an infection? Either pay for them yourself (and they're expensive, too), or buy insurance. You want surgery to remove a rotten limb? You either pay the bill or buy insurance to cover it. You want a prosthetic limb? You want someone to teach you how to speak after a head injury? You want a way to communicate with the world that bypasses your Parkinson's-crippled body? You gotta pay, one way or another. If you don't have the money, you're s**t outta luck.

That's why civilized wealthy countries have a safety net with as few holes as possible.  

Shaviv

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:27 pm
Feline Apathy

Yeah, you buy them in coccons or whatever, so they hopefully hatch and the mantis's will eat the bugs bothering your garden...Pretty sure theyre just the basic green mantis's.

Gotta ask, what gave you the idea of mantis's as pets? It never occured to me as being something one would have except from an entymology perspective...or any insect for that matter. confused
Since I've been a little kid, I have loved animals of all kinds, including insects. Insects became one of my favorit childhood pets because unlike other animals, I didn't have to ask permission to keep them, or buy them. Thus, me and my friends often caught insects, namely grasshoppers for pets (yes we were all animal freaks and I started a grasshopper fad on my street). Thus when I was young and ran across a praying mantis outside, it was only natural I caught it. Her name was Praye, and I saw her just strutting across a food stand so I scooped her up in one of the foam cups. Then in all my bravery, I ran over and had my dad play test subject and hold her... hey I wasn't going to risk my delicate little hands with a bug that had claws that massive.

Needless to say, she turned out to be the sweetest little bug ever. Friendly, smart, not a scardy cat like so many other insects, I fell in love with her. Never forgot that, and when I was older, I one day decided to order some mantis eggs and relive the magic. Been keeping mantises ever since.

LiKitty- Thanks, and oh, ok its that test.

Cobra- Well I'm sure you will (cheers you on)

Kakky- XD So awsome. Actually did they have a giant mantis in one of the episodes? maybe it was some other random ghost insect monster.

Fog- How did he manage to rebreak the leg?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:37 pm
Krissim Klaw
Kakky- XD So awsome. Actually did they have a giant mantis in one of the episodes? maybe it was some other random ghost insect monster.

Bertrand turns into a gaint hornet in My Brother's Keeper to fight Danny. And in Doctor's Disorders there was a gaint mosquito that attacks the school and Danny fights it. But after it gets zapped by wires, it breaks apart into little versions of the big one and then starts biting people and giving them ghost powers.

funny both times it involved Spectra as the main villain..hmmmm  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Crenn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:28 pm
My grandpa is doing his usual thing. He was caught in my dead aunt's room, essentially ransanking the room trying to find a box. When my mother heard about this from my nanna, she asked for a description of the box. Apon hearing the description, my mother knew why he wanted the box. It had money in it. My mother told my nanna the location and told her to take the money out and also leave the box on her bedside table in clear view for him.
It's sad how little he thinks of his daughters..... especially my mother, who he can no longer control.... which is making him angry. Remember how I went up to canberra for my aunt's funeral? After the funeral, my nanna was getting picked on by my grandpa, my mother, to the shock of her brothers, told my grandpa to leave her alone. It was also after I went to go to the car to go to the airport, that my grandpa showed how much he cared for me. He hugged all my sisters, but when it came to me, he treated me as some diseased person.

Sorry.... just had to get this out, been bugging me for a while.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:29 pm
Tee that's an awesome pic. Mind if I make that my desktop, and/or color it? =DD And I totally caught the quote of "So you have wished it" by Desiree. Funny, I was just going to ask Kriss about Mantises. I think I'll name one of my guys after a character...:3

So anyway, Kriss, or anyone else who has ideas? I was wondering if you had any ideas about how to convince my parents to let me keep my babies in my room. They want me to keep them in the garage "because they're bugs." That's the only reasoning they've given. xP I would be keeping them in a terranium with a zipper lid in my room. They want me to keep them in the garage, but I'm afraid it will be too cold for them...and plus it's really out of the way for me to feed them everyday.

At first they said they were afraid that they would get out and breed and take over the house, so I opted to only keep males. What's totally unique to mantises is that it takes a male and a female to breed. [/sarcasm] (Which reminds me, how does one know the difference between male and female?)
So, since that's no longer a problem, they said that bugs are pretty much just gross, and what if a guest comes and is grossed out? So if I could find an article that said that mantises are clean or something, maybe that would help. I mean, who’s gonna come into my room, peek into a terranium, and be more grossed then awed?

Sorry if I seem misinformed, I have done a little research, but I’m not sure it’s enough.
‘rents are like, “dude they’re just bugs,” but even if they’re not even born yet, they’re my babies! And I’m sure some other people keep their babies in the garage, but…I really don’t want to have to go in there every day. It’s cold and unfriendly.  

Zella L.

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:51 pm
Kriss: I have no idea how he rebroke it, but when he went to the doctor's again, they said he had reshattered the bone that had previously been shattered, and now they'll have to put rods in his leg. What a ******** pain. xP

I pray that he gets over the infection, because if not, things are going to be bad. He'll probably be forced out of his job (the guys at his work love him, but if you're not moving s**t, you're pretty useless to em), he'll become moody, depressed, and might even become suicidal for all I know. I'd rather not deal with all this inconvenient nonsense, but if it happens, it happens. *sighs*  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games