Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:06 pm
Zella L.
Tee that's an awesome pic. Mind if I make that my desktop, and/or color it? =DD And I totally caught the quote of "So you have wished it" by Desiree. Funny, I was just going to ask Kriss about Mantises. I think I'll name one of my guys after a character...:3

So anyway, Kriss, or anyone else who has ideas? I was wondering if you had any ideas about how to convince my parents to let me keep my babies in my room. They want me to keep them in the garage "because they're bugs." That's the only reasoning they've given. xP I would be keeping them in a terranium with a zipper lid in my room. They want me to keep them in the garage, but I'm afraid it will be too cold for them...and plus it's really out of the way for me to feed them everyday.

At first they said they were afraid that they would get out and breed and take over the house, so I opted to only keep males. What's totally unique to mantises is that it takes a male and a female to breed. [/sarcasm] (Which reminds me, how does one know the difference between male and female?)
So, since that's no longer a problem, they said that bugs are pretty much just gross, and what if a guest comes and is grossed out? So if I could find an article that said that mantises are clean or something, maybe that would help. I mean, who’s gonna come into my room, peek into a terranium, and be more grossed then awed?

Sorry if I seem misinformed, I have done a little research, but I’m not sure it’s enough.
‘rents are like, “dude they’re just bugs,” but even if they’re not even born yet, they’re my babies! And I’m sure some other people keep their babies in the garage, but…I really don’t want to have to go in there every day. It’s cold and unfriendly.

Have you told them the cold would kill them? Also, if they're kept in your room, what guests will see them? Unless guests often stop by to check out your room. Besides, mantises don't look gross, they look cool. If someone has a problem with them well...it's not like they're gonna be forced to hold them and stare at them, they can just leave the room.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:30 pm
Zella L.
Tee that's an awesome pic. Mind if I make that my desktop, and/or color it? =DD And I totally caught the quote of "So you have wished it" by Desiree. Funny, I was just going to ask Kriss about Mantises. I think I'll name one of my guys after a character...:3

XD..go ahead if you want too.  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:03 pm
Yes, a cold garage will not do. First off they don't want to spend their lives in a cold dark place. It isn't healthy for them, and if it is cold enough they will die. How many are you planning to keep anyways? If these are the standard mantises, they will eat one another if you keep them in the same cage. For that same reason, you don't have to worry about them taking over your house. Unless your house is already overrunning with insects, they will starve from lack of food. Mantises are very clean insects, lick themselves off like cats after every meal and then some to prevent dust, or bacteria, or mold from growing on them. Need to stay clean and healthy to survive. They aren't dangerous, so its not like they are going to hurt anyone inside the house. They don't make any noises or have any noticable odor, so there is no reason why your parents should be worried about them.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:22 pm
Yeah, I mentioned they'd die in a the garage. I was planning on keeping 2 or 3, and they're Chinese Mantises. I'd put some sort of cardboard seperation in the terranium to seperate them. Maybe if they get too big I'd let one go, but the terranum is a little larger than a cubic foot so it should be fine for 2 manti. I'll mention that if there's enough bugs in the house to keep a mantis alive, then maybe we need a bug-eater running loose. (Or like something bigger...) I found one web page that said that mantises are very clean (it also said most insects are clean, with the exception of fleas, mosquitos, something else), but it was sort of forum-format, so don't know if she'd buy that. Anyway. I'll ask again tomorrow. Thanks guys!!  

Zella L.

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:28 am
My brother is getting on my nerves. He won't look anyone in the eye, he's extremely curt in conversation (which he tries to avoid), he showers once a week at most, he refuses to get a haircut or trim his beard, and he always plays music really, really loudly in his room to drown out the voices. When he leaves his room, he usually is a) inappropriately dressed - say, T-shirt and boxer shorts; and b) covering his ears, to block out the voices.

Not only that, he has zero insight. He tells me that he doesn't like college-age women these days. Why not? Because when he goes into a restaurant he hears the women saying, "You're Nala, you're Malika! You're a woman! You're a f**!" Funny how I never hear people saying that, but what the hell, I know the difference between a hallucination and reality. He doesn't even bother to go "Hey, wait, did anyone else hear that? Would anyone else even say that?"

He annoys the bejesus out of me. Even some of the things that are a side effect of the medication he's been on, like a big belly on his relatively slender frame, or the constant orofacial tics, the fact that whenever he eats or drinks his throat doesn't work right and so he sounds like a clogged drain - those annoy me too. I know I'm being unreasonable but for the love of god, can't we figure out a way to fix people's brains already?

Anyway.

Let's get some shoes, b***h.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tYnn51C3X_w  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:19 pm
To have a contest or to not have a contest, that is the question? I kind of want to have one Valentine related, but am not sure if it should be a drawing, avatar or poem contest. As well, is this all too short of notice for people if I do? Whichever I pick, assume I go through with it, the contest's entry cut-off would be March 1st, 12AM PST.

Anyone at all interested? There will be only three prizes handed out if I go through with it. One, two and three monthly collectables for February 2007. That's right, I'd be offering six MC's for this month to the top three winners of the contest.

Selene Aries

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:24 pm
Diana Vulpes
To have a contest or to not have a contest, that is the question? I kind of want to have one Valentine related, but am not sure if it should be a drawing, avatar or poem contest. As well, is this all too short of notice for people if I do? Whichever I pick, assume I go through with it, the contest's entry cut-off would be March 1st, 12AM PST.

Anyone at all interested? There will be only three prizes handed out if I go through with it. One, two and three monthly collectables for February 2007. That's right, I'd be offering six MC's for this month to the top three winners of the contest.
I'd be all for it if it's a drawing contest :3  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:04 pm
Leyla Giselle
Diana Vulpes

I'd be all for it if it's a drawing contest :3
User Image

Ditto.

User Image  

Lady Cobra Smirk

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:49 pm
Ditto to the contest as well.

Oh--how are mantises to survive in the wild if they can't survive in a garage? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:45 pm
User Image

Buildings are designed to keep rooms at a mostly steady temperature.. Once the Garage gets cold at night, it pretty much stays that way through the next day.

Difference between Garage and Outside: Buggies can find safe places from the cold Outside, and have the opportunity to warm up during the day.

unless.. you let them out in the middle of a snow storm..

User Image  

Lady Cobra Smirk

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:34 pm
Yay for contests!

Zella- As I've mentioned before, they are not ment to survive in snow/really cold tempetures. If it is too cold outside for other bugs, then they won't be able to make it either. If you do keep them in the garage, you will need ot get them a special light that gives off rays of light similar to the sun. They aren't ment to spend their entire lives in the dark recesses of your garage. Honestly though, all the fun of mantises is being able to watch them and interact with them. I can't see how fun they are going to be if you only see them once a day to throw some food in their cage.

Mantis Update-

Well this has been my third day with my buggy, actually only really second day since I got him late thursday night. Well anyways, I have learned my bug is a little glutton. He's already packed down five fruitflies. Not only does he loving eating, but he has no qualms about chasing his food on his little bug legs. He seriously looks like a little ant scooting around his cage. He even moves like an ant when he scurries around with his littel butt curled up so it looks like a fat ant butt. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:52 pm
My dad just left for the Philippines to go to his highschool reunion and my sister is leaving for South America early tomorrow morning and she will be gone for 2 months.

Just going to be me, my mom and the dogs for awhile now.  

Rainey_angel81

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:10 pm
So, my sister finally got her puppy. It was a christmas present, but we had to wait for puppy to be weaned first. Puppy is not yet house broken, so that's exciting. Our cats are mad at us, how dare we bring a puppy into the house. A puppy like, less than half their size. She's a cutie, a teething cutie though.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:00 am
Alright, you guys want it then it shall be. I'll post the official contest in the art forum after I have gotten some sleep.

What I shall say for now is what the theme will focus on what love means. I find that love means a lot of things to different people. I am not going to get into what it means to me, but what I would like to see is a visualization of your own thoughts and feels towards love.

Bonus for those that place a fitting poem, or song lyrics, into their artwork. An original poem/song (as in you wrote it yourself) is encouraged, but not mandatory.

Selene Aries

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:24 am
the first person to tell me what CN stands for (correctly) without looking it up gets a prize.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games