Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
GENERAL CHAT || Speak here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 664 665 666 667 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:58 am
When my grampa died I was totally not sad, though everybody kept on treating me like I should be. Sure I missed him but he had been very sick for about as long as I could rember, and when he died he wasn't any more. And I am a big believer in life after death, especially back then in my christian days.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:59 am
The burial was today. And in the words of my uncle Sal "It was nice and simple, just what dad would have wanted."  

ManagerKyoto

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:07 am
At least he lived a long life. Out of the deaths in my life so far, three of them have been younge people, all no older than 25, possibly younger.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:15 am
He would be 86 next month.

And there was one interesting fact that has come out of the funneral. There is 19 years between the oldest and youngest of his children, and there is 20 years between the oldest and youngest of his grandchildren.  

ManagerKyoto

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:18 am
That's a pretty big gap. o_0

At most, there's probably 15 years between me and my eldest cousin, because I'm the youngest.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:38 am
There were 8 children, 6 of which long enough to have children. And then there is 18 grandchildren. And then at this point in time there is 9 great grandchildren, soon to be 10.

I certainly have one large extended family.  

ManagerKyoto

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:44 am
It depends on which side I go, but okay. Each of my grandparents had 3 children each, though my fathers sister died when she was 16. My paternal grandmother has 2 surviving children, 5 grandchildren, and 2 or 3 great-grandchildren.

My maternal grandmother has three children, 6 grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren.

My great-grandmother is still alive though, and goes as such. She had two children. My grandfather and his sister. His sister had three children and now has 7 grandchildren. None of them have any children. So my great-grandmother has 2 children, 5 surviving grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren, and 2 or 3 great-great-grandchildren.

What a moutful. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:51 am
My fathers side is not as big. There is five children and there is 12 cousins (including myself and my siblings). His father has 3 siblings and I know that have atleast 4 children between them.

I really should know more, but meh. I rarely see them anyway.  

ManagerKyoto

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:04 am
The largest massing of cousins is 6 (me included) on my mothers side. I used to know all of my second cousins and what not, but now we don't see much of them anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:20 am
I love how things work out. My fathers youngest cousin is younger then I am. I was trying to figure out what I would call him, but got confused. So to make it easy, I am his 1st cousin once removed.  

ManagerKyoto

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:22 am
Beyong standard family titles, I just use the long-winded version.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:34 am
Fine then, he is my father's father's sister's son. Thus in a family tree making him the same generation as my father and his cousin. I, the next generation from my father, am one generation lower which makes me once removed. If I and when I have a child, he would be twice removed because is two generations from my father.

Does that make sense?  

ManagerKyoto

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:45 am
No, it requires too much thinking.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:52 am
Maybe you need it written out on paper I think.  

ManagerKyoto

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:55 am
Maybe you should be written out on paper. surprised  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 664 665 666 667 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games