Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:30 pm
User Image
Hello Everyone, I am a 21 year old female from Scotland. I have an HNC in Veterinary Nursing and I am currently in the process of obtaining my chainsaw licence. I work with the Scottish Wildlife Trust and I love every minute of it. I love to read - Anne McCaffrey and David Eddings being two of my favourite authors of adult Science Fiction Books, and Tamora Pierce being my favourite Teenage Fiction author. I love reading and Watching Anime, also I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy games. Anything else that you wish to know about me check out my profile which contains more things about me.
User ImageSpread Your Wings....and Fly.User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:36 am
I am a 14-year-old female from Pittsburgh, PA. I am a student, but during the summer, I work at my Aunt's Tanning Salon. It's quite an enjoyable job, actually. I love to read. My favorite book is Catherine Called Birdy - fantastic book. I also play basketball. It hurts. My favorite class is Science. I am currently taking Intermediate Meteorology. It's so cool. Please feel free to PM me if you need to talk.  

Carrielicious!

Argent Wraith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:39 pm
Hello, I'm Adela! I'm a high school student from somewhere. ninja I'm obviously literate. (I've always been literate, come to think of it. I've won many a spelling bee in my elementary days and I won an award for grammar in middle school. Those were the days, eh?) I love to write poetry, read, and play video games, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do in my future. I hear chatspeak far too much, in real life as well as online, so this is the perfect haven for me. My favorite books are The Princess Bride, Inkheart, and Jane Eyre.

...That's about it, I think. I hope to see you sometime soon!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:02 pm
Hello, My name's Matt. I'm 16 years old. I'm a junior in high school. I plan to be a Computer Science major. I am very literate, which comes in handy when I'm writing short stories and fanfiction. Besides writing, I also enjoy programming in PHP. I've been on Gaia since 2005 with varying periods of activity. However, I'm been very active lately. 'txt tlk' has no place on Gaia in my opinion. As for books, I don't read many novels. Harry Potter is my current favorite.

People brag on here that they receive straight A's in English. I don't think I've ever received an A in English during junior high or high school. Irony knows no bounds. But in Science and Math I usually obtain A's.  

5ives

sarahsohma123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:50 pm
Hello everyone, my name is Sarah and I am fourteen. I like to write stories and proofread my work about twenty extra times, hahaha.

What is strange about me is, well, let's say I'm outgoing and fun, yet I hate it whenever my friends send me messages without proper grammar and a proper reason why they don't have proper grammar. (Sorry, did that make sense? I needed to work that correctly!) My one friend Taro Watanabe (His username is TaroWatanabe as well as his name) is Japanese and he just moved to Canada and started to learn English two months ago so if you do come across him please don't be rude to him about his grammar.

So I have good grammar but I'm not a robot! Hahaha!

Anyway, I have one question:
Well that User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. gif that goes in the signature, do I just put that in my signature now, or can I not put it in until I am a higher rank?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:56 pm
Hello, my name is Raines and I adore grammar. Have a nice day.

Thanks, Raines

P.S. Sarah, I didn't know that you joined this guild too!  

Raines

Quatrina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:37 pm
Introduction time, I guess. I'm a 25 year old communication design major in Texas with a minor in Japanese. I'm a fanartist, but not a writer, though I wish I was so I could put out some fanfics that don't suck. Unfortunately, I'm not so good at the plot part of writing. But I at least admit that and don't subject the internet to my terrible creations.

I am here because I have a low tolerance for internet stupidity. I hate netspeak with a passion, and though I will use "omg" and "wtf" all other such acronyms are only used facetiously. I also am guilty of using emoticons all over the place, but I see them as a different class of internet communication. Even when sending text messages, I will write everything out, including putting punctuation that I have to go to great pains to find on my phone.

I look forward to hanging out here and counting on this as a place to be able to interact with people on gaia without having to sacrifice so many of my braincells to the general illiterate populace.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:00 am
Greetings, everyone! I'm a 21 year old female from California, and I have been in love with the written word since I first learned to read. I am a college student in the middle of getting a degree in Creative Writing, though I have taken some time off from school to work on completing - and hopefully publishing my very first novel. I hope to be a novelist as a full-time career.
I am, and have always been, a scholar of the literary rules (although I could not quote for you all the obscure names they use), and have grown a deep disappointment for the decay of the english language today. I am excited to meet other people who feel that grammar is not a useless tool in today's world. I look forward to talking with all of you!  

Hunter of Legend

2,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Skadi-The-Elf

Ruthless Loiterer

17,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:16 pm
Hello. I am Skadi the Elf, and I joined this guild for two reasons:

1. Irritation and decreasing tolerance for lazyspeak (text talk) by not just Gaians, but 90% of kids on the net and 60% of adults on the net. I've come to the point where if someone suddenly messages or tries to start a conversation with me and cant be bothered to type out a simple three or four letter word, I tell them off under no uncertain terms then hit ignore

2. I am sick of the abominable spelling and lack of even toddler level grammar skills.

No one is perfect when it comes to language and spelling:we all make mistakes now and again. But when you have people who do not care enough to even make the most simple of sentences readable or who are so braindead that even spell-check is too much effort, it becomes unforgivable.

When I am not fuming over the grammar retards, I actually like to have fun on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:29 pm
Hello, I have nothing to say except that I'm a literate 17-year-old...  

Enquire_Roam

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Citizen 200

Fatal Elishx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:30 pm
Why, hello there. My name's Yazz, but some call me Elish. I'm a literate 14 year old from New York. I'm currently in Junior High School, about to venture off into High School in September.

I always have something to say, whether it is in my journal, in English class or maybe even here! I cannot stand 'txt talk.' I only use proper grammar with just about anything and everything I say or write. I always have something mature to say and am a great help to others. I never leave out punctuation and people bug or dislike me for that reasons. I used to write poems and lyrics. I promise you that I've never easily slipped spelling mistakes. If it's a large or foreign word, I will try my best.

In my opinion, Gaia is filled with 'txt talk' wherever you go. I keep hope alive by speaking with well grammar. Anywhere on here that you'll see me, I promise you that I capitalize if needed, don't use massive amounts of slang and use punctuation like there is no tomorrow.

Sincerely,
' Elishx.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:52 am
User Image
Ku Ku Ku...

Hey. You can call me Lavender or Hatsuki. I'm from New York.

After hanging around in the Anime/Manga/Comics forum, I've noticed way too many people who use 'txt talk' and it irritates me. I try my best to use proper grammer and to spell things correctly.

I'm an anime/manga fan, but I also listen to music constantly. My favorite anime/manga is Keroro Gunso. I do say often that I have a strange music taste, but I hate when my classmates say that I have the dumbest music taste they've ever seen. Judge for yourself, my favorites bands are Foxy Shazam!, Romak and the Space Pirates, and the White Stripes.

See you around!

Lavender

troublespirit

TheTeaHermit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:05 pm
Hey there, I'm new to the guild. I'm glad to be accepted.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:13 pm
DarkElf27
'Tis me, the over-literate 14 year old, with more complex views on every matter than you can imagine. I've been told that I'm argumentative, but in truth, I just love a good debate. So if I take the opposite side of an issue from you, its not necassarily that I actually back that side, I just want to see how well you can support your point. Well then, that said, I hope you don't take anything that I say too personally, as I rarely mean it that way.

(I'm also told that I can be a tad bit arrogant, if so, I apologize, don't let it get to you.)

Ha, you sound like me. I am a literate 14-year-old girl. I love good debates, sometimes those debates last for hours. Although I normally don't pick a side of something just to debate, I tend to stay with my personal views.  

FMABloodSell

xXgoth_girl12Xx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:35 pm
Hello! Literate 13- year- old dork here. ^^
I have simple and sometimes complex and insightful views on every matter I care to address. I love debate, japan, (Especially japanese foods) and ice cream, in addition to reading, writing, drawing, motorcycles, and football. I can debate forever, but not ot put anyone down, just to see where you stand and how sound and well supported your arguments/ cause is/ are.
It's nice to meet all of you!!^^  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces