Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:45 pm
User Image

Riley nodded at what Rosie said as she carefully got into the boat. So it was a sport then. Riley wasn't too fond of sports but the broom part sounded really fascinating and Riley tried to imagine what it would be like to actually ride on a broom. Would it be like riding a plane? Or perhaps like riding a bike in air but most likely without pedaling? She wondered if she'd be able to find out.

Lost in her thoughts Riley was caught off guard when the boats started moving. She placed her hand on the edge of the boat and looked out over the waters, keeping in mind what the woman had said about keeping in the boat. She wondered if they'd see any of those creatures in the lake she had mentioned. Excitement filled her as the neared the school. She wondered if it would be just as grand on the inside as it would on the outside.

Riley Jubilee Crevan
Unsorted First Year

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:21 pm
User Image
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆
Simon Meridith

First Year _
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆

✔Age: Eleven
✔Mood: Nervous, yet excited
✔Status: Single

He smiled when she introduced herself. "Well, Lucie, are you excited? Oh, I'm sure the boats will hold us. That's the beauty of magic. What House do you wanna be Sorted into?" When Professor McKenny announced they'd be moving soon, he held on to the side of the boat. "Here we go."

Out Of Character: {Exit to Courtyard}

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:06 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Anxious
What I am doing: Preparing myself
What I want to be doing: Something other than this.

Jayden was in a brief trance, not knowing what exactly to do at the moment. He had his green eyes locked with her solid blue ones, each of their eyes in a bashful sort of state. He didn't mean to be so flirtatious...as people call it, but it just flowed out of him, like the word okay and the shrug of shoulders in the usual muggle conversation. There was just something about the girl that sit in front of him, something good, something pure that really drew his inner soul to her. Attraction wasn't even the word; obsession wasn't either. There was practically no words that could of described this feeling at all. Of course, he was attracted to her, but that wasn't the feeling he felt. The anonymity of the feeling was not the thought that he lingered on however, but what really stayed in his mind was her, and that's all.

After those brief seconds of thoughts, he continued his lesson. "Well, if you have the one hand here, and your other a little closer towards the center, you should be able to balance yourself better. As you get more advanced, you try to put both hands toward the top of the broom; so you can go faster," he told her, the two's boat finally reaching the shores on the other side. He carefully let go of her hand, smiling at her with a pure, sincere smile.

"Well, this is it Tristain, the time to be sorted is getting closer," he told her, walking close behind her, the anxiety in his stomach building up to its peak. He really felt it now. He started to get quite the stomach ache. It felt as if a knot was in his stomach, and he couldn't do anything about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:57 pm
Evangeline Gordon

First Year

As the little boat lurched into motion, Evangeline grabbed at the side with one hand and Uther's cage with the other. He whistled indignantly. "Oh stop, silly thing. You're fine."

She had to admire the Professor's skill as the boats moved forward uniformly, keeping a tidy formation...but her magical critique fell short as she caught her first sight of Hogwarts. Of course, she had heard all about Hogwarts...but it really was a magnificent sight.

She contemplated the castle until the boat bumped to a gentle stop against the opposite shore, and followed the crowd up toward the castle proper.  

Acel

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:50 am
User Image
User Image

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
User Image
The first year event that most of her family looked back on as the most memorable had simply passed Tristain by. She had pretended to pay close attention to Jayden's flying lesson, for she truly did want to learn, but the deafening thump of her heart and these new thoughts served as the perfect distraction. Instead of concentrating on the water, on the castle, or even on holding the lantern, she focused on Jayden's touch - and nothing but it.

Sooner than she'd imagined, the boat jerked to a stop and the chatter from other students grew to its peak. When her hand was freed by the boy next to her, suddenly a new feeling took over - excitement. This emotion mixed with the unidentifiable one that coursed through her thanks to Jayden, all came together to form a new attitude in Tristain. Suddenly, she wasn't nervous anymore, and - at least towards Jayden - she felt much more outgoing with the magic pulsing through her veins.
"Come on! If we hurry, we can be near the front of the sorting line!" Her voice, now louder than before, echoed off the stone walls as she tugged on his arm to rush him forward.

[[Exit to The Paved Courtyard - I'm just gonna rush through these. xD]]
User Image
"In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool."

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:37 pm
User Image

Sliding on the banks, she halted, looking onto the black lake before her. Most of the boats were already gone and that meant she would ride in a smaller one across. Rhea sighed, she was really hoping to meet a bunch of people before she entered the school, though by her own inability to keep captivated on the train she had fumbled that plan so far.

Sitting into the nearest one she began her voyage ahead, barely containing her excitement as it drew nearer and nearer.

[[continue to quad]]

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100

O Izzy O

Beloved Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:22 am
User Image

Ӄεяяi ℒiℓʏ ℒαɱɓεяϮ

xx xx

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
❝ тнє ωєαкєsт мαкє тнє вяαvєsт ❞

Kerri couldn't help the nervous butterflies that seemes to be having fun flying around in her stomach. Stepping happily onto a boat, she smiled. Aaaah, water. So comforting, she thought. Holding on tight on the sides of the boat, she looked up at Hogwarts. A beautiful castle, better than the one is Hogwarts, A History stood before her vivid green eyes. She looked at the grand beauty of it all, and couldn't help but feel so tiny and helpless. Incendio, Lumos, Reparo, she chanted in her head, in case she was asked. As she neared the paved courtyard, her heart gave an uncontrollable lurch of stress. Here goes nothing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:22 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Tay stood; his glowering shadow cast a mountain behind him. He peered into the surface of the lake, its reflection staring back at him. He was tired, it was plain as day to see written on his face. He had fumbled through the potions and vials his father had given him for the new year, and they had only barely helped suppress the gray rim under his eyes. He still bore his Slytherin school robes even after classes were through, and, stood in silence while he waited for the particular Ravenclaw he had sent a note too.

Idly, he wondered how his childhood friend, Catherine Deluge, would feel if she knew what he was about to do. His father had been adamant, and, he could hardly refuse him. He only hoped that Catherine would understand. After all, she knew better than anyone how far families go to keep up appearances.

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:31 pm
User Image

Cathryn O'Malley
12 Years OldSecond YearRavenclawChaserSingle-Crush:William Dante Nott the Third

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cathryn made her way shakily across the shore of the lake, the note Tay had sent her clutched tightly in her hand. As soon as she had received it, she had hurried to her dormitories, quickly changed into a simple but pretty knee length, short sleeved dark blue dress and hurried to the lake.

Farther out along the shore she spotted the blonde haired, golden eyed wonder who had sent her the note. She felt a raging blush come to her cheeks, but it was too late to back down now. She approached him, and noticed that he was staring at his reflection in the water. She joined his side, and looked down into the water as well."Hello, Tay!" She greeted him in her thick Irish accent, her bright red hair falling down over her shoulders and giving her the look of a small lion.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

Injuries/Illnesses: ------

Out of character: ------

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:01 pm

User Image

”Cat,” Tay greeted her politely, taking a single step to the side so that he could watch her as she approached from over his shoulder. He held out a hand, gesturing for her to take it as she stepped up along beside him, both of their gazes shining against the metallic reflection. ”I’m glad you received my note.” He continued, barely a breath of pause to separate his words, and light, distant warmth shone through him and rolled off of his tongue. As if, in some way, in some form, there was a brightness that coiled inside of him, and that, in some sense of the term, he could be salvaged from the broken pieces he was.

”I’m sorry we didn’t get a better chance to acquaint ourselves at my family ball… I figure now would be the time to do just that,” Tay concluded with a smile pristinely carved upon his lips, as if it was always meant to be there.

He felt an awkward, roaring bubble of fire grow in his belly. A hesitance at the thought of the question he would soon be asking when the time was right.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:37 pm
User Image

Cathryn O'Malley

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

A great surge of heat surged up inside Cathryn. A new and unexpected feeling came over her. She could not explain it. It was the strangest combination between happiness, fear, longing, and excitement. The feeling intensified as she felt the touch of Tay's hand. Without hesitating, she grabbed it, feeling it's warmth and strength. "Yes... Let's indeed." Was her only reply to Tay's suggestion of getting to know each other. She was too caught up in the moment, thinking only about Tay and standing here beside the lake with him. Briefly, Shannon, Cat's mother, flickered into her mind, with her disapproving look on her face. Shannon severely disliked all Slytherins regardless of their true personality. Cat pushed the thought away. It was just a Gryffindor thing. And she wasn't going to let anything get in the way of the moment right now.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:28 pm

User Image

Normal, he tried to tell himself. He needed to be normal, he needed to blend in. He needed the sanctuary of his cocooned web of lies to fall back on, and what better way to exert that than by stealing up Cathryn as his own. Sure, he’d be stepping on the toes of a few more people than need be, but it was all worth it, in the end. A smile graced him, almost earnest, when he realized how simple this would be. Though the depth of this never truly reached him; he had had his few encounters with the girl, their few chats. But would it be enough to snatch her up under his arm?

With the way his father explained it, it seemed almost plausible. He directed the carefree smile at her. ”So, I know you like quidditch,” he began with a small laugh. ”But tell me more about yourself… I know your funny,” he rose a brow, the smile growing wider when he realized how simple it had become to lie.

And, it wasn’t all a lie, not entirely. She had been quite humorous, and, quite attractive, and the way she had trusted him easily was a delight to revel in. ”You like cats, and I know you like to read, but what else?” He wondered, figuring, this would be the best way to bring up the question he had been wondering when to ask.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:33 pm
User Image

Cathryn O'Malley

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

A girlish giggle, very unlike Cathryn, burbled up and out of Cat's mouth. "Yes, I do like cats, like my nickname. I have a cat named Maximus. I also have an owl named Rowena. I'm a Ravenclaw so of course I love to read. Uhh... I enjoy outdoor activities, including muggle sports, like football. I love talking to people. I find it very boring to be alone. Hrm... I've only lived in England for three years." she paused thinking over what to say. What exactly did he want to know? She decided that she had said enough, and that she wanted to know more about Tay. "So what about yourself? How would you describe yourself? What do you enjoy doing? What do you like?" She could stand here forever, just her and Tay, talking about the other. She couldn't remember a time that she had been more content.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:21 am

User Image

Simplistic, normalcy; Tay never would have realized just how difficult it would be manage his inner demons, and still deftly create the illusion of an average teenage boy. He knew he had much more important matters to attend too, like training, practicing his spellwork, and most importantly, snuffing out the blazing trail that Roi was leaving behind in act of selfish hatred. This, this act of smiles, this genuine interest that he exerted with an enthusiastic—if not—supportive nod of his head, as if baiting her to continue.

He didn’t know what to think of the girl, truly, he had never been bothered with the interest of girls. Not yet, his father told him. His voice may crack, and it gradually grew deep, but even puberty hadn’t distracted him from the chaos that rivaled beneath. But, perhaps, if he had Cathryn, she would be the perfect alibi. The perfect distraction, the ideal note of perfect because she wasn’t of Slytherin heritage, after all, her mother was a Gryffindor, if he recounted correctly.

And so, with that in mind, he pressed an earnest, humble smile, one much like his father exerted, and nodded his head once Cat had concluded. ”Well, I guess to start; the most obvious would be that I don’t fly—bloody terrified, truly. I have to hand it to you, for getting out on a broom like that… Sure seems exciting.” He praised her.

”I’m more of a—down to earth—kind of person. I prefer horseback riding and swimming, I’ve never really had a chance to play muggle sports, but I’ve always wanted to learn.” He lied, flawlessly.

”I do fence, though; it’s kind of been a family tradition for as long as I can remember. I spent the summer of my first year training for fencing on Mount Blanc, in France and Italy. I couldn't go this last summer, my cousins came to live with me, their parents were-- well--" He paused, his brows furrowed at the thought, as if it was something too horid to speak. "--Well they were murdered.

"I haven't told anyone else, I guess I don't have anyone else to tell it too. Anyway, I shouldn't be burdening you with that, I'm sorry.

“Anyway, as to what you said ealier, I guess you could say I’m laid-back, my mates always tell me I’m too calm. I guess I just have a lot of patience. I prefer the quiet, and order, so I guess I’m a lot like a Ravenclaw in that sense.

“Though, I have to admit, I’m a little surprised you’re out here talking to me.”
He admitted sheepishly, a soft, timid nature had found him, and as he scratched the back of his head in awkward simulation, his lips formed a most innocent and sorrowful smile.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:33 pm
User Image

Cathryn O'Malley

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

A bit of sorrow came over Cathryn as Tay spoke about his murdered relatives. "I'm so sorry about your aunt and uncle. It's awful to lose a relative. I know how it feels." Cat paused for a moment, remembering all the fun times she had had with her grandfather."But enough of that. Why would you be surprised I'm out here? I enjoy talking to you! You are a wonderful person who I would love to get to know better." She felt the blush creeping up her cheeks again, and hoped that it didn't show too much. She wondered what Tay was thinking right now; why he had sent her the note. Did he like her back? Is that why they were here, by the lake, holding hands and discussing the other's likes and dislikes? "So, the letter. Why did you send it to me? Why are we here?" She didn't want to make it more awkward; Tay already seemed nervous. She squeezed his hand, hoping that he would say what she wanted to hear.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

Wearing

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games