Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K-Blade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:04 am
but don't I have to start off with a low level character, or are you saying that you want me to make something to go toe to toe with a walking death machine?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:13 am
You can start off as high as a knight, which both Cinn and Danika are.

Danika fought Cinn too. She ended up becoming his prize.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

K-Blade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:38 am
oh-my!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:27 am
Since padawans/acolytes are pretty much fresh off the shuttle and Knight errants aren't even capable of building a lightsaber, many people find them to be too underpowered for their tastes. Personally, I debated making Knight errant the highest one could go, but most people would have probably tossed a fit about that, so i bit a bullet on that one.

Regardless, a Jedi Guardian or a Sith Inquisitor both are lacking at the moment to give a real balance to the sides. so feel free to consider those avenues heavily.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

K-Blade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:51 am
I think I'll go good guys and make a guardian.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:26 am
You got TOR by any chance, K?  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:34 am
I'm going to go out on a limb here and probably say no. From what I recall of her computers, they'd be lucky to run solitare, but that could easily be mistaken and have changed in the absence.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:04 am
Ok. I'm no longer involved  

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:06 am
...alright then....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:24 am
Nelowulf
Not necessarily combat, but someone who actually can get a bit more into the scrap with foes like Cinn. Poor Jian's been getting in full fight with Jedi Knights and he's such a mere Knight-errant. So outgunned. XD

But Jedi are supposed to be the underdog. Makes it more exciting for the heroes, and makes their victory mean more in the end, and such and such...  

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Rendin Verta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:24 am
Speaking of computers, I'm in the process of buying parts for a new one.

Also, trying to use Gaia more frequently again.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:02 pm
Skyeborne
Nelowulf
Not necessarily combat, but someone who actually can get a bit more into the scrap with foes like Cinn. Poor Jian's been getting in full fight with Jedi Knights and he's such a mere Knight-errant. So outgunned. XD

But Jedi are supposed to be the underdog. Makes it more exciting for the heroes, and makes their victory mean more in the end, and such and such...

So what's that mean when they don't have a victory in the end? Remember, this isn't a classic hero's tale, so typical trope rules aren't in full force.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

K-Blade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:11 pm
TOR, I wish.
I'd have to buy a new computer to play that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:10 pm
Nelowulf
Skyeborne
Nelowulf

So what's that mean when they don't have a victory in the end? Remember, this isn't a classic hero's tale, so typical trope rules aren't in full force.

It means that they are royally boned. Lol...

Nah, it's supposed to be a tragic tale. The heroes fight valiantly, but lose little by little, one world at a time, until the galaxy is brought to a Cold War. Most heroic characters will likely be killed or corrupted by then, forced by harsh realities to make compromises on their originally noble methods or die defending them. In the tragic tale the hero serves not to be a force of victory, but a single candle shining against a sea of darkness.

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:13 pm
So doesn't that basically nullify your entire issue of the heroic underdog? Since you admit that the trait of being an underdog, is what makes the victory mean more in the end, etc? So by admitting that it is a tragic tale and whatnot, you've ultimately stated that being an underdog is not only moot, but perhaps counter-intuitive to the entire process. Nice.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games