Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:34 pm
Nelowulf
So doesn't that basically nullify your entire issue of the heroic underdog? Since you admit that the trait of being an underdog, is what makes the victory mean more in the end, etc? So by admitting that it is a tragic tale and whatnot, you've ultimately stated that being an underdog is not only moot, but perhaps counter-intuitive to the entire process. Nice.

Fair point to you, good sir.

Also, there's no reason someone couldn't begin as the heroic underdog who later turns into a more tragic character. Also, just because the overall story is tragic doesn't mean there can't be minor victories here and there, which leaves room for the underdog trope to exist.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:37 pm
Point still mooted, and now beating the dead horse. Nothing to say here, move the topic along, move the topic along.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:31 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:45 pm
question
the post timer has been a pest for weeks. we must rise against it.  

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:04 pm
While you guys do that, I'll continue coming up with ideas on how I'd see a Zelda MMO working.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:22 pm
Zelda MMO? You can't have more than one link, aside from four swords adventure, and there is only one master sword. Plus imagine multiple navis. *shudders*  

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:28 pm
Though there's plenty of gorons, zora, etc that could be heroes too. Durr.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:36 pm
Link, Zelda, etc. would be NPCs like the quest givers and stuff.

I'm even debating having Link be older, like a full grown, more rugger man, as Zelda's royal knight captain, just because Link's never been portrayed as older than being in his late teens. The Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess, which is the Link from OoT, doesn't count, since he's technically (un)dead.

The players would be Hylian, Gerudo, Goron, Zora, and other humanoid races. Gear would mostly just vary in looks, with better stuff being upgraded. There would be a story mode, similar to how Guild Wars and other MMOs have missions that revolve around a specific plotline.

My idea involves a warring kingdom with Hyrule, so most enemies would be humanoid rather than the typical monsters. More Iron Knuckles, Darknuts, and new types, while the forces of Ganon threaten both sides, causing uneasy truces and tension, etc.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Rendin Verta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:24 pm
Darkened Angel
Link, Zelda, etc. would be NPCs like the quest givers and stuff.

I'm even debating having Link be older, like a full grown, more rugger man, as Zelda's royal knight captain, just because Link's never been portrayed as older than being in his late teens. The Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess, which is the Link from OoT, doesn't count, since he's technically (un)dead.

The players would be Hylian, Gerudo, Goron, Zora, and other humanoid races. Gear would mostly just vary in looks, with better stuff being upgraded. There would be a story mode, similar to how Guild Wars and other MMOs have missions that revolve around a specific plotline.

My idea involves a warring kingdom with Hyrule, so most enemies would be humanoid rather than the typical monsters. More Iron Knuckles, Darknuts, and new types, while the forces of Ganon threaten both sides, causing uneasy truces and tension, etc.

DA, that sounds positively epic!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:39 pm
* struts around *  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:09 pm
Downside is that we know they won't ever make it. The MMO market is loaded with Fantasy MMOs, and even the name alone probably won't carry it with WoW still around.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:16 pm
http://thechive.com/2012/04/23/its-monday-you-could-use-some-motivation-28-photos-6/monday-motivate-22-18/
http://thechive.com/2012/04/23/its-monday-you-could-use-some-motivation-28-photos-6/monday-motivate-8-19/

And now, the big one:
http://thechive.com/2012/04/23/a-few-rare-photos-on-the-set-of-the-only-star-wars-movies-that-matter-43-photos/  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:10 pm
A single princess in a metal bikini just isn't enough.

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/12/leia-1.jpg  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:07 pm
Part of me had a total phail idea:

The Trooper of the Month award. Given to guild members based on activity, dedication, yadda yadda.... except we really probably don't have quite enough to make a competition for it. Kind of got the idea back in the day when we used to give out ranks and service medals. Amazing what nostalgia I got while digging through old threads and whatnot.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:05 pm
Considering that the active regulars are all about equally active, it'd be more like a rotation.

Although, if we ever do some kinda sexy women of the Empire calendar, just say the word.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games