Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:55 am
FogSage
*snerk* Oh my God

I just got a call from the Marine recruiter. He asked how I was, and asked if I still had plans to go into the armed forces. I told him that I was busy with college right now and that I was gay.

Lol, yeah. That put a serious damper on his spirits, I'm sure.

He was like "Oh, okay then. Talk to you later, man." And that was it. I was surprised at myself for telling a random nobody like that that I was gay. Felt kinda liberating to be honest. Bet whatever little file they have composed on me has been stamped with big red letters that say "TEH GHEY" on it.

Lawls. I'm giggling now, imagining the recruiter's reaction.

*hangs up* Dammit......Charlie! We lost another one!"
"What was it?"
"TEH GHEY."
"OH NOES!11!!!"

lol

Ahah. Win. I wish I had such an excuse. I actually wanted to join up, but not as a Marine (heavens forbid! I'm from a Navy family).

But they don't want to take me. I'm physically unfit for life. 'Cos I'm asthmatic and I crunch when I walk sad

FogSage
But I'd rather be alive and miserable then dead and not feel anything at all.

I don't know. I feel like maybe I should jump on the bandwagon and become a Christian. Of course, this means sacrificing personal happiness at the cost of an afterlife, but if I get to exist after I die, I guess it's not a bad trade off.

I'm just scared right now. I'm alive, but one day I won't be. And I don't know what day it'll be. It could be ten minutes from now, or a day, or fifty years. Life feels so hopeless, so ridiculously mundane, and why give a thing life only to take it away?

Don't become a Christian if Christianity is just going to be a security blanket for you, though.

I realize that is probably kind of insulting (bear with me, I'm socially blind here). So let me rephrase.

Don't convert to a religion unless you truly believe in its tenets. I will never be a Christian because I cannot believe that one man can die to atone for the sins of another. And that belief is the foundation of the Christian faiths.

And so on.

The concept of death doesn't particularly make me happy, but I don't fear it. It's inevitable. Sooner or later it'll happen, and I won't know anything, I won't wonder at anything, I won't be. All the parts of me that are me, the complex pattern of electrochemical interactions in my central nervous system and a few ganglia outside it, will fade into the background noise of the universe within minutes of my death. Eventually, over the next many decades, so will the structure of my body. So what? I won't be there.

Dying, now... dying is something I do fear, because so often it's messy and painful and humiliating. That's not cool. But, should I happen to die like so many others - simply go to sleep of an evening, and never wake up - that doesn't bother me. There is a time for everything, and everything has its time. You live your life, you contribute to making the world a better place, and when your time is up, if you've done what you could, maybe it's time to let go.

Being periodically suicidal kind of drives home the meaning of death and the meaning of dying, because you're forced to contemplate them both. I think that as a result, I've come to a sort of peace with my own mortality. I'll do what I can to avoid injury and illness, but it's all a numbers game, and if my number comes up, well... nothing I can do. No point in enduring futile suffering. So give me an oxygen mask and I'll be on my way.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:00 am
FogSage
Kakarotto-san
argh..I'm having problems with my teeth..I might need to get the wisdoms pulled and/or surgery to get rid of the others before they have a chance to emerge..They're bothering me and driving me up the wall..

If I do that means I'll most likely be in pain and drugged up...which will probably affect my ablilty to draw because I'll be too out of it to focus. Argh..I'll have to do this soon before it gets worse or something..

I remember having my wisdoms out. I was so freaked out when I was told I needed surgery.

Yeah, you'll want to get them out as quick as you can. An impacted wisdom tooth is not a fun thing. The drugs won't do much, just keep it from hurting (which it will, believe me.) After the surgery, you'll just sleep on the drive home, because you'll be in no state to drive yourself. I slept for a long time after the surgery. Uhh......when the surgery is over, you'll want to keep changing the gauze in your mouth. There'll be a lot of blood, and a neat trick to try is to put slightly damp tea bags on the surgery site. The tannin in the tea helps speed healing or something like that.

Oh, and stock up on chicken broth. If you swell up like I did, then that'll be all you'll be eating for a while. I couldn't even eat pudding, for chrissakes.
I feel lucky that I never really had horrible dental problems. Maybe 2 crooked teeth and some cavities....When I was a kid I had to have my last 4 baby-teeth pulled cause my adult ones were coming in whether they were out or not (which explains why 2 are crooked now), but other than that I'm okay. I still have my wisdoms, and one came in perfectly straight and painlessly....I think I'll be okay wisdom-wise....  

Manda_Tifa

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 am
You're wiser than your years, then.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:03 am
Shaviv
Who is?  

Manda_Tifa

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:29 am
Ugh, I couldn't sleep much or well last night. I feel awful...but I have a ten hour shift at work and I'm leaving like, now. crying Wish me luck.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:39 am
shoki_de_nai
Ugh, I couldn't sleep much or well last night. I feel awful...but I have a ten hour shift at work and I'm leaving like, now. crying Wish me luck.
Aww....good luck!!  

Manda_Tifa

Iron-_-Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:53 am
Manda_Tifa
FogSage
Kakarotto-san
argh..I'm having problems with my teeth..I might need to get the wisdoms pulled and/or surgery to get rid of the others before they have a chance to emerge..They're bothering me and driving me up the wall..

If I do that means I'll most likely be in pain and drugged up...which will probably affect my ablilty to draw because I'll be too out of it to focus. Argh..I'll have to do this soon before it gets worse or something..

I remember having my wisdoms out. I was so freaked out when I was told I needed surgery.

Yeah, you'll want to get them out as quick as you can. An impacted wisdom tooth is not a fun thing. The drugs won't do much, just keep it from hurting (which it will, believe me.) After the surgery, you'll just sleep on the drive home, because you'll be in no state to drive yourself. I slept for a long time after the surgery. Uhh......when the surgery is over, you'll want to keep changing the gauze in your mouth. There'll be a lot of blood, and a neat trick to try is to put slightly damp tea bags on the surgery site. The tannin in the tea helps speed healing or something like that.

Oh, and stock up on chicken broth. If you swell up like I did, then that'll be all you'll be eating for a while. I couldn't even eat pudding, for chrissakes.
I feel lucky that I never really had horrible dental problems. Maybe 2 crooked teeth and some cavities....When I was a kid I had to have my last 4 baby-teeth pulled cause my adult ones were coming in whether they were out or not (which explains why 2 are crooked now), but other than that I'm okay. I still have my wisdoms, and one came in perfectly straight and painlessly....I think I'll be okay wisdom-wise....
I too have been overall lucky with my teeth. For starters I was only born with one wisdom tooth (my top right). And that had to get removed a couple weeks ago because I had to get surgery to re-attach a tendon in my jaw after getting it ripped in a fight. Other than that, no major mouth surgery.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:35 am
FogSage
Kakarotto-san

Well..most likely my mom will take me so the driving part would be covered..

Blood really doesn't bother me..

And I'll keep the tea bag idea in mind. Thanks. ^_^  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Zanzarus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:58 am
I was able to gorge myself on smoothies when I had mine removed. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:37 pm
I had Jello, Apple Sauce, and Pudding the day I got them removed, then I started eating noodles the next. It's not a fun experience, but then they give that over abundance of Vicodin or Oxycodin that can be helpful in future endeavors, and I mean that in earnest. My dad got Lyme's Disease this one time and our Ibuprofen wasn't helping, but we still has Oxycodin around from when I had my Wisdom teeth out. We gave him one and he was able to sleep finally, which is what he needed.

So yeah, you'll make it  

Af Mas

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:29 pm
Manda_Tifa
Shaviv

Who is?

You, miss I-have-my-wisdom-teeth-in-okay. <3

(It was a bad pun)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:34 pm
my....poor....brain....... sweatdrop

My grandmother is always ordering crap from these ads she gets in the mail, for herbal supplements that cure everything. And magazines and far out health "publications". Shes big into incredibly bizarre alternative health, so I really cant dissaude her from buying this stuff, and most of it can be sent back for a refund, when she discovers yet again that they dont work.

Anyway....last couple days, been helpingdelegated to help her go through her credit card and bank statements for the last couple years, to figure out when we ordered stuff, when we sent it back, whether or not we got back the refund, whether it was the right amount, if we got the proper refunds for publication cancellations....blah.....cuz Im the only one that can make heads or tails of the confusion of most of it.

Which means Im also delegated to making sure this stuff gets returned, remembering what company made what product....gah....and then its like my fault if somethings all confused.

Sigh.

DeletedUsername420

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:59 pm
Uhg, I got my wisdom teeth torn out, since all four were under the gums and not going to have enough room, and I wasn't able to eat but a bit of chicken broth and some applesauce for over a week. I lost like 5-7 pounds. Conveneing I'm 5'5" and only way 100 pounds that wasn't a good thing. Anyways, only thing I can suggest is to ice your jaw as soon as your done. I put ice pack on mine, and had like zero swelling. You couldn't even tell I had anything done.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:03 pm
Ugh, all this talk about wisdom teeth reminds me that I really should have mine taken out.

One already came in a year ago, and has since then rotted (is that proper grammar?) half away. I suspect another isn't too far behind.

I'm a horrible vixen; I'd rather deal with rotting teeth than go through the hassle of having surgery. xp

On the plus side, I get to hang out with my mom-- who I haven't seen since our birthday back in August-- next weekend; she's flying to Chicago for a business trip (she's a higher-up for Southwest Airlines), and she's gonna fly me out there for a few days so we can hang out. 4laugh heart

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:26 am
Argh! Why aren't I asleep? I barely got any sleep last night, felt like s**t and worked all day talking to idiots, which is tiring work. But then, I actually start to wake up around 8pm and now I'm barely sleepy. Wtf. Seriously.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games