Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:30 am
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
I just got back from seeing the Avengers and I would have to respectfully disagree with Cale. It has everything I ever wanted in a superhero movie and reminded me of the reasons why I read comics. In short, it was amazing!

Notice how its everything you want.
Yeah Cale, it's called having an opinion. Just like you thinking the movie is average is an opinion. People have differing tastes and opinions, you'll get used to it eventually.

I already acknowledge those differing tastes and opinions. I surround myself with people who have different tastes and opinions so I always have someone who can keep me informed about things outside my immediate interests. I was not attacking Des because his opinion on the film was different from mine, but attacking him for only liking the film because it appealed to what he wanted. Its the same sort of thinking that keeps Michael Bay making transformers movies: Not because they're good but because people like toilet humor, explosions, flag waving and bimbos.

I personally thought the film wasn't as good as Captain America, but stepping away from my opinion, the Film is very good and a remarkable feat in and of itself. Joss Whedon did a very good job balancing out all the characters and everyone had a moment to shine. All the roles were played very well, especially the new actor playing Bruce Banner. At times things felt a little rushed, but there was a lot of ground to cover and only so much time to do it. I understood that. The Film is not great or perfect, but what it does is set the bar for superhero films to follow. All in all, I recommend it, as it does what so few films do nowadays: This film was worth my money to see.

All that said, I would also like to point out, John-boy, that you've not had to put up with Des and his constant and obnoxiously loud questioning of everything and anything that doesn't meet his approval. It is nerve grating on a level even I could not reach and it brings me satisfaction to jab at him and something he likes for a change. Do not take my slight on Des as an attack on people with differentiating opinions or a slight against the Avengers. Just recognize it as me verbally sparing with one guy and nothing more.
You know that opinion was mine, right?  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:31 am
Oh holy s**t. Wow is my face red. Sorry about that, man. I was half awake when I posted that and mustve misread the name. God damn. Sorry about that.  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:43 am
Eh, it's cool. Don't worry about it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:45 am
Ok then. Again, my bad.  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 am
stare

Yeah, Im going to avoid posting my review and just agree with Johnny. Everything Ive ever wanted from a Superhero movie, and it was completely true to Marvel-style, including the after-credits ending, and the after-ending hint towards the next movie. I'm very glad Joss Whedon had control.

Though I am still puzzled as to the identity of 'The Other'. The one who spoke with Loki on his 'Masters' behalf.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:17 am
i guess thats what happens when people have similar looking avatars *shrug*  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:18 am
Des, stop sharing stuff about the movie! i havent watched it yet!  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:18 am
Miss-Pandemica
i guess thats what happens when people have similar looking avatars *shrug*
My eyes are clearly blue as the deepest ocean, God...  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:19 am
You guys are funny.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:20 am
*rolls eyes* whatever Prima Donna  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:20 am
Miss-Pandemica
Des, stop sharing stuff about the movie! i havent watched it yet!
Im not spoiling anything. Theres not enough context for you do be let down about anything.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:21 am
still razz i'd rather not have even the slightest things be revealed  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:27 am
Speaking of Joss Whedon and great movies, is Cabin in the Woods still in theatres?  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:27 am
Miss-Pandemica

OMG SPOLIARZ!!
...Antman isn't in this movie....
OMG NO ITS RUINED!!!

Also, thank freaking god Black Panther isn't in this damn movie either. Him and his whole freaking messed up nation.  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:34 am
Cale Darksun
Miss-Pandemica

OMG SPOLIARZ!!
...Antman isn't in this movie....
OMG NO ITS RUINED!!!

Also, thank freaking god Black Panther isn't in this damn movie either. Him and his whole freaking messed up nation.
I still rather upset Spiderman isn't... Not even a cameo.

But seriously, I haven't revealed anything the Trailers have not, Panda-Panda. If you haven't seen them, Im sorry.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games