Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:30 am
i feel so used...  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:33 am
Miss-Pandemica
i feel so used...

I could stand to be used a bit more... stare  

Darth Fury

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:45 am
*hug*  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:04 pm
The new trailer for Assassin's Creed 3 looks awesome! Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ke_1yd1nAE  

Johnny Malone
Crew

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:45 pm
looks pretty awesome  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:47 pm
I'm already seeing historical inacuracies in this game. For instance, unless they're really gonna roll with the idea Betsy Ross sewed up a flag in 1776, then the one they're using isn't accurate unless the battle shown is post 1777. The Cowpens Flag has a star in the center of the Ring and predates that flag.

Furthermore, it comes off really uncomfortable. I love my country and all, but the previous Assassin's Creed games made it clear that there was evil everywhere in a conflict. But this one seems to just scream at us AMERICA IS IN THE RIGHT! WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS FIGHTING THE TYRANNICAL BRITISH IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM!.........This all coming from a Canadian Gaming company. Its disturbing to see such blatant a** kissing from a foreign company by feeding us patriotic nonsense about OUR history all to sell their stealth game.

I loved the first Assassin's Creed, and while hesitant at first I did give Ezio's story a try with Brotherhood, which I rented and returned, and I found that ok. But this one? Its sending up all kinds of uncomfortable warning flags. I mean, as Ezio you kill the damn Pope, and even as a Catholic I was fine with that. Hell, I know that the servants of God are still just men, and not all of them good men. So when the trailer for this game seems to paint things in clear black and white, unlike previous games where there was a s**t ton of grey, its like "The ******** is wrong with you guys?"  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:12 pm
Missing00
Des!
Missing!!  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 pm
Cale!  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:14 pm
Cale Darksun
I'm already seeing historical inacuracies in this game. For instance, unless they're really gonna roll with the idea Betsy Ross sewed up a flag in 1776, then the one they're using isn't accurate unless the battle shown is post 1777. The Cowpens Flag has a star in the center of the Ring and predates that flag.

Furthermore, it comes off really uncomfortable. I love my country and all, but the previous Assassin's Creed games made it clear that there was evil everywhere in a conflict. But this one seems to just scream at us AMERICA IS IN THE RIGHT! WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS FIGHTING THE TYRANNICAL BRITISH IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM!.........This all coming from a Canadian Gaming company. Its disturbing to see such blatant a** kissing from a foreign company by feeding us patriotic nonsense about OUR history all to sell their stealth game.

I loved the first Assassin's Creed, and while hesitant at first I did give Ezio's story a try with Brotherhood, which I rented and returned, and I found that ok. But this one? Its sending up all kinds of uncomfortable warning flags. I mean, as Ezio you kill the damn Pope, and even as a Catholic I was fine with that. Hell, I know that the servants of God are still just men, and not all of them good men. So when the trailer for this game seems to paint things in clear black and white, unlike previous games where there was a s**t ton of grey, its like "The ******** is wrong with you guys?"

There were a lot of historical inaccuracies in the first few games as well, so that doesn't bother me as much, the gameplay is what I'm really looking forward to. As to the setting, I think it makes sense with the type of story Ubisoft has been telling and having read a couple of interviews with the devs they do indicate that there are Templars on both sides of the war and that the game isn't going to be 100% "America ******** YEAH!" But I guess we will see once the game comes out. All I know is that I can't wait to go "Last of the Mohicans" on people.

EDIT: One last thing, the game covers the years 1753 to 1783, so the flag could be accurate for the time period in that shot.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:36 pm
ninja  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:39 am
I am a transhuman immortalist extropian.

I am the very model of a singularitarian.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:41 am
Cale Darksun
Cale!

Dr. Scott!  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:56 am
Rocky!  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:03 am
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/daily-morning-awesomeness-195.jpg
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/i-see-what-you-did-there-15.jpg
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/thursday-dar-5.jpg
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/daily-morning-awesomeness-thechive-11.jpg  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:44 am
Nelowulf
Cale Darksun
Cale!

Dr. Scott!

Jim!!  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games