Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
I think full-sized SMGs are slowly being outdated. They don't really do anything you couldn't solve with either a carbine (more firepower and range) or PDW (more maneuverability for the most part).
I thought SMG's were PDW's

MP5k-PDW is a good example
Nah, PDW's generally use a round designed for penetration, like 5.7 and 4.6. Or that one (and only one) MP5k in .224 BOZ. I'unno, if they want AP capabilities in a PDW, I don't see why they don't just bring back the THV rounds that came out years ago.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Czech designers claimed that after passing through a IIA vest, a 9mm THV still got 13" of penetration.
Why would a Tok round need a BOZ tip? It's gets AP capability with just an FMJ.
Anti-tank.

But no, really, probably for harder armors. HDPE armor plates and the like.
I haven't heard of rifle plate vests since the time I checked out a flea market and found a US military issue plate vest that withstood rounds up to .30-06.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:15 pm
No PDWs are essentially SMGs that take bottlenecked cartridges like the MP7 and P90. Technically speaking the PPSH and the Bizon are PDWs.

H&K just got their terminology ******** up. Losers...  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:07 am
Valkyrie Hatter
No PDWs are essentially SMGs that take bottlenecked cartridges like the MP7 and P90. Technically speaking the PPSH and the Bizon are PDWs.

H&K just got their terminology ******** up. Losers...
a PDW doesnt neccessarily have to take a bottleneck cartridge to be a pdw.
fort benning's criteria only called for an armor defeating compact weapon.

MP5 pdw and the jatimatic were pretty much considered THE first pdw weapons
they might have been able to defeat some armor with different loadings but apparently it wasnt gonna do.

i've seen some videos of recently developed 9mm AP being tested and i'm sure that today they could make 9mm subguns into acceptable personal defense weapons  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:03 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
I think full-sized SMGs are slowly being outdated. They don't really do anything you couldn't solve with either a carbine (more firepower and range) or PDW (more maneuverability for the most part).
I thought SMG's were PDW's

MP5k-PDW is a good example
Nah, PDW's generally use a round designed for penetration, like 5.7 and 4.6. Or that one (and only one) MP5k in .224 BOZ. I'unno, if they want AP capabilities in a PDW, I don't see why they don't just bring back the THV rounds that came out years ago.

The Czech designers claimed that after passing through a IIA vest, a 9mm THV still got 13" of penetration.
Why would a Tok round need a BOZ tip? It's gets AP capability with just an FMJ.
Anti-tank.

But no, really, probably for harder armors. HDPE armor plates and the like.
I haven't heard of rifle plate vests since the time I checked out a flea market and found a US military issue plate vest that withstood rounds up to .30-06.
I actually know a guy in Phoenix that sells up to class IV body armor and/or plates. All you have to have is the cash to buy it and a signed and dated letter assuring him you're legally allowed to own it (i.e. not a felon).

Or not, apparently the economy shut him down. Oh well, point was it's not hard to get, you just have to know where find it.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:14 pm
Not entirely sure if I this counts or not but I shared my zombie story with a friend and she is bitching about how the protagonist sucks at shooting because he misses two shots. No link to the conversation since this is through texts. She claims that missing one shot is just terrible but missing twice is a crime. Someone needs to stop watching B list zombie movies where the hero shoots a zombie right between the eyes every shot. I'm sure an inexperienced combatant in a combat situation isn't going to hit absolutely everything he aims at.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:31 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
I think the Uzi was invented in the late 40's, to mid 50's? No later than '59, definitely.
Well it obviously wasn't developed before the late 40's since Israel was established in 48. xd

According to worldguns.ru it was developed in 49 and was manufactured starting in 51.

EDIT: according to them the micro uzi has a ROF of 1250 rpm and a capacity of only 20 rounds. xd At least the other variants could hold up to 32 rounds. The Micro is the smallest variant, has the highest ROF, and the smallest capacity.
I fired a mini uzi with 25rd mags, and even that felt like it didnt last long enough sad

at least I think it was the mini, could have been the full size one but it was definitely an uzi. I remember not being able to understand what the hell setting the selector was on because it was all in yiddish
Try one setting, change the selector, repeat as necessary.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:32 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
I think the Uzi was invented in the late 40's, to mid 50's? No later than '59, definitely.
Well it obviously wasn't developed before the late 40's since Israel was established in 48. xd

According to worldguns.ru it was developed in 49 and was manufactured starting in 51.

EDIT: according to them the micro uzi has a ROF of 1250 rpm and a capacity of only 20 rounds. xd At least the other variants could hold up to 32 rounds. The Micro is the smallest variant, has the highest ROF, and the smallest capacity.
You know, that actually makes sense. The Glock 18 also has an incredible cyclic rate, in the 1200rpm neighborhood as well, IIRC. It's the lighter weight of the cycling parts compared to the identical force of a 9mm blowback.
My point being that combining the highest rate of fire with the lowest ammo capacity means the ammo doesn't last long.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:35 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel

I fired a mini uzi with 25rd mags, and even that felt like it didnt last long enough sad

at least I think it was the mini, could have been the full size one but it was definitely an uzi. I remember not being able to understand what the hell setting the selector was on because it was all in yiddish
Try one setting, change the selector, repeat as necessary.
I had it working on the second try,lol  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 am
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel

You know, that actually makes sense. The Glock 18 also has an incredible cyclic rate, in the 1200rpm neighborhood as well, IIRC. It's the lighter weight of the cycling parts compared to the identical force of a 9mm blowback.
My point being that combining the highest rate of fire with the lowest ammo capacity means the ammo doesn't last long.
Well, I'm just saying I don't think they had much choice in the matter.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:12 am
Das Rabble Rouser
Not entirely sure if I this counts or not but I shared my zombie story with a friend and she is bitching about how the protagonist sucks at shooting because he misses two shots. No link to the conversation since this is through texts. She claims that missing one shot is just terrible but missing twice is a crime. Someone needs to stop watching B list zombie movies where the hero shoots a zombie right between the eyes every shot. I'm sure an inexperienced combatant in a combat situation isn't going to hit absolutely everything he aims at.
Yea. Don't experienced soldiers miss more often than they hit?  

Private Sanders

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:10 am
Private Sanders
Das Rabble Rouser
this is only true due an intentional sort of miss, if you can say that. when you shoot to suppress an enemy's actions. when you're recieving fire the reaction is to fire a flurry of bullets in the enemy's general direction to shut the enemy up and keep the rest of you safe until you or someone else picks them off.
soldiers today carry many many magazines so ammo isnt much of an issue.

and since something like zombies wont be shooting at us, there is no reason to send a wall of flying lead toward them, you can just go straight to shooting them in the face,I doubt zombies would take cover when being fired at so they would almost always be uber easy shots.
almost all ammo would hit the intended target.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:09 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Private Sanders
Das Rabble Rouser
this is only true due an intentional sort of miss, if you can say that. when you shoot to suppress an enemy's actions. when you're recieving fire the reaction is to fire a flurry of bullets in the enemy's general direction to shut the enemy up and keep the rest of you safe until you or someone else picks them off.

and since something like zombies wont be shooting at us, there is no reason to send a wall of flying lead toward them, you can just go straight to shooting them in the face,I doubt zombies would take cover when being fired at so they would almost always be uber easy shots.
For the record these are the fast ones like from 28 days later rather than the classic slow. If they're running at you from all directions and you're a civilian that is not used to shooting under pressure would you still expect 100% accuracy?  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:51 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Private Sanders
Das Rabble Rouser

For the record these are the fast ones like from 28 days later rather than the classic slow. If they're running at you from all directions and you're a civilian that is not used to shooting under pressure would you still expect 100% accuracy?
I doubt RL zombies would have any kind of retarded super speed or strength. if anything they would move at the pace of any other human except in a wounded manner or with very limited stamina.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 am
Recon_Ninja_985
I doubt RL zombies would have any kind of retarded super speed or strength. if anything they would move at the pace of any other human except in a wounded manner or with very limited stamina.
I wouldn't consider running to be super speed. If someone were to reanimate within minutes of dying and all their systems kicked back on I would think running is still possible since riggor mortis hasn't set in yet and with reanimation so soon I think there's a good chance it won't set in until some time after they die again. I doubt they would be slow and lacking aggression like they do in night of the living dead. If they are physically capable of running and they need to hunt their prey I think they will run after whatever they want to kill.

That's just my take on zombies. Since there aren't any real ones for me to observe.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:38 pm
Case of Pietro has an update with a Tommy Gun, but all of the poses are ******** retarded gonk 1928 Typewriter if you guys are wondering.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff