Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Frank-n-Furter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:23 pm
Hi. My name is Kelsi and I'm a literate 14 year old. I really can't stand all of that text talk stuff, and I was happy to find a guild full of people who feel the same way.

I look forward to becoming better acquainted with this forum.
smile

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:52 am
At the risk of sounding like I am a new member at an AA meeting...

My name is Stephanie, but I prefer to be addressed by my avatar name, Kaleo or K will do fine. I am a literate 28 year old. I could spend a year telling everyone about myself, but I won't. smile
It is refreshing to see so many topics that have some sort of intellectual basis to it. I was getting so tired of the "txt tlk" topics, leet speak and all that other mess that makes people look like monkeys sitting behind keyboards.

I appreciate the acceptance into 3G, and I look forward to participating in the wonderful topic's here.  

Kaleotera

Swell Sundae

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:34 am
Hello everyone! My name is Myduyen or MyDuyen. (It's a vietnamese name, the first being how it's written in America or English, the second being how we would spell my name in Vietnamese. For those of you that wonder about the real pronunciation of such a name, it's said as Me-yen in a simple form, but Me-yeeng when verbally speaking it in true Vietnamese.) I am also a literate person who faces that "txt tlk" of everyday people, day and night. However, when joining this guild, I think I have finally found sanctuary from these people for my mind. I hope we all have fun!

Oh, and I'm becoming 15 at the end of May~!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:23 am
Greetings! My name is Shanna, but for those that don't really know me I'd prefer you call me by my avatar name, Lady C., or L.C.

I've been an absolute freak about writing since I was about 12. I would sit at my desk in my room, and write for hours upon end, barely gracing the outside world with my presence. 9 years later (that means I'm 21) I kind of have to come out more often, for work, and all of life's dealings. I keep my writing up by sending people hand-written letters instead of emails. I actually have a quill pen, several bottles of calligraphy ink, a stack of parchment paper, and several nibs for said quill. If my hand is sore I'll use a more normal pen though.

I also write poetry (and have been told I'm pretty good, I even got one of my poems published when I was 14), short stories, and other such things.

People's lack of spelling ability and grammar frightens me. I came here so I would have a refuge from all of that. Thank you for accepting me into this guild!

I look forward to meeting, and talking to, you.  

Coreander - The Crabbit

Falhalterra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:41 am
Hello everyone, I am Kristen. You can call me Kris, the original name, or just my username will do.
I am 17 years old, and I am quite literate. I've been known in my school to be kind of...snobbish with showing spelling errors and how I cannot read illegible handwriting. Reminds me...I'm kind of a perfectionist with my own handwriting, and I go nuts if it doesn't look clear and good enough.
I'm going to college to be a Writer and Embalmer. Hehe, meaning I love Literature, Science and Health the most out of a lot of subjects. I'm quite fond of Sociology, Psychology and certain History also.

I write poetry, short stories and in the process of full-story writing projects. Heck, I just entered 2 poems and a short story in Writing contests here. I'm a very intense writer. I do use a Thesaurus and re-edit my s**t a lot. I come from a really creative family on my dad's side.

I also have a boyfriend...and I know this will sound oh so wrong, but we have a relationship over the internet. Ever since February 5, 2007. That makes 1 year and 5 months now. We know each others address, phone number, schools, among other information we discussed on. So yes, we are on the Google map. lol I'm hoping on planning to meet him in Maryland (his home state) soon, if he'd just get on Yahoo Im and then we can talk it over. Grrr...heh.

I like to start debates. My most recent was this Obama hate thread on the GD just yesterday. Yes....I type there. surprised Haha! I proved to be among the 2nd smartest person in that thread, because no one had counter-arguments with me and the other guy wished I was of legal age to vote! 3nodding

I hope you find me interesting and we all have great conversations together. Looking forward to getting to know this guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:02 pm
I am Oscillating Orgasm. I would prefer if you called me some variation of that name. I'm a literate 18 and a half year old. My biggest qualm is spelling. Sentence structure doesn't bother me so much, I see it as the author's writing style. But misspellings send up red flags.

I'm pretty cool if my friends are to be believed. My creativity and randomness, when found, can be priceless. But unfortunately their occurrences are few and far between.

Oscillating Orgasm

Tengaii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:39 am
Hey.

I'm new, I'm Cherri, and I'm not sure if anyone is actually going to read this. I'm all for the basics - basic grammar, basic spelling, basic punctuation. Capitilizing really isn't that complicated, and neither is punctuation. However... not everyone is a star in English. Spellcheck is one thing, but I know for one that even sentence structure gives people issues. For instance, my younger brother.
He's thirteen.
Loves Gaia.
Isn't that great in English.
(Bad grammar here? Eeeep. S'for emphasis. Oh, hey, it's catchin' the feel for the speaker, like uh, dialect and whatnot.)
Anyway, he tries, he really does, but he doesn't quite have it yet. Still gonna have fun here, though, and I support that. On the other hand, he doesn't post in the boards constantly, either.

Pausing for a second, I hope I don't get flamed or kicked outta here. I remember tellin' one guy that I "type how I talk" and I was told that I talk like an idiot. Well, um, thanks..? Oh well. I guess we aren't going to be friends then. Mou, he seemed sort of.. fancy?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:52 pm
How far are you...

I'm Demonic (Demo, Chaos, Shadow, Requiem... call me what you wish.). I don't like telling my personal info on online sites (ahhh! Creepy internet stalkers! DXDXDX) but I am completely awesome.

I have occasional grammar mistakes (damn my keyboard) but I encourage *coughcough* others to use good grammar. I got my grammar/spelling from my constant reading (yes, I am a bookworm) of books/fanfiction. I also feel like taking my jackass/a*****e of a brother and cutting him into little pieces. With a chainsaw. That is how much he pisses me off/deserves to die.

Actually, half of it. The other half is that he has no soul.

...from the neverending chaos?

Demonic Repentance

Tengaii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:51 pm
Demonic Repentance
How far are you...

I'm Demonic (Demo, Chaos, Shadow, Requiem... call me what you wish.). I don't like telling my personal info on online sites (ahhh! Creepy internet stalkers! DXDXDX) but I am completely awesome.

I have occasional grammar mistakes (damn my keyboard) but I encourage *coughcough* others to use good grammar. I got my grammar/spelling from my constant reading (yes, I am a bookworm) of books/fanfiction. I also feel like taking my jackass/a*****e of a brother and cutting him into little pieces. With a chainsaw. That is how much he pisses me off/deserves to die.

Actually, half of it. The other half is that he has no soul.

Wheee, we're both new. D: This place seems sort of deadish. I'm actually kinda surprised. And hey! Your profile is not.. um.. "available to the public."

._. I feel dissed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:35 am
How far are you...

Lol, sorry. It's set to friends only. Feel free to add me. ^^

Demonic Repentance

Blind Hodd

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:25 pm
Hey, dudes I'm Fubar0 and I LOVE GRAMMAR!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:59 pm
How far are you...

XD Hey, Fubar0, let's get an LoH takeover. It's possible! 8D XD

Demonic Repentance

corvusXcorax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:17 am
Well...
I usually go by the name Tokyo, but I've been called all sorts of things. ninja
I got into anime about a year ago, it's not only great to watch but fun to draw. I'm still learning lots.
I love my music. My favourite band is My Chemical Romance, I also love The Used, The Blood Brothers and too many more to mention here...
Well, that's about it! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:03 am
Felicitations, my new friends, I'm En Masse, commonly known as En, Tog, or Toggy (my real name 3nodding ). I like various common and unusual things, and if you want to know more in detail take a look at my profile. 4laugh Glad to be a part of this. When I spotted it in the Guild Lists, I thought 'about time'! xDD

So anyways...I hope to meet and get to know some of you, and help promote grammar use while doing it. biggrin

En Masse

xXx_Toxic_Abyss_xXx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:59 am
Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
and let go of what you can't change,
Kiss slowly,
Play Hard...

Hi everyone. My name is Megan and I'm 16 years old (soon to be 17)! You might ask why my user name is Aimee. Well, it's not pronounced like a-me, it's i-me. smile I love having discussions and, in the ED that isn't possible with all of the ignorance and ill use of grammar. I can't wait to get to know the lovely people here. XD
...Forgive quickly,
Take chances,
Give everything, and have
No regrets.
Life is too short to be anything but happy.

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff