Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:39 pm
o_O  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:04 pm
O_o'  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 am
(>^_^>)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:44 am
Johnny Malone
Discussion doesn't have to go sour but I find it generally does with you because of how condescending you come across. I notice it every time you disagree with someone, not just Des or I. (And for the record I know I can come across as condescending as well so the blame goes both ways.) Just something you might want to think about.

Oh, I do think about it, but not so much anymore. It just became too much stress that never went away, since I just wound up trying to appease other people, rather than letting them accept me for who I was. Take the post i just made, you considered it arrogant, even though I was doing my best to try to drop the tension you were displaying down easily.

It's a tough gig on the internet. I can either be polite, and come across as arrogant, or be bluntfully honest, and be a jackass. Seriously, it surprises me that as the older the person has been in "internet years", the more personal they take attacks from online text. It's not like I'm offended by your words, for example, but when a verbal jab comes back, what am i supposed to do? Just sit down and take it? Not really much of an option. So while the catch-22 of either taking abuse or being accused is in play, I just relax.

Best thing I find for me is never to respond right off the bat though. Instead of launching a direct response right after i read something, i generally walk off, grab a drink, sit down, and reread the response and type something that lacks any emotional connection. It may come across as a bit more higher thought and reasoned out (which usually equates to arrogance), but at least I know when I do something, it is of sound mind and calm emotional state, not something made in the heat of passion which can possibly be offensive, save to the reader who wishes it to be.

Zen, is awesome. blaugh  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:48 pm
?
(|'_'|)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:16 pm
Nelowulf
Johnny Malone
Discussion doesn't have to go sour but I find it generally does with you because of how condescending you come across. I notice it every time you disagree with someone, not just Des or I. (And for the record I know I can come across as condescending as well so the blame goes both ways.) Just something you might want to think about.

Oh, I do think about it, but not so much anymore. It just became too much stress that never went away, since I just wound up trying to appease other people, rather than letting them accept me for who I was. Take the post i just made, you considered it arrogant, even though I was doing my best to try to drop the tension you were displaying down easily.

It's a tough gig on the internet. I can either be polite, and come across as arrogant, or be bluntfully honest, and be a jackass. Seriously, it surprises me that as the older the person has been in "internet years", the more personal they take attacks from online text. It's not like I'm offended by your words, for example, but when a verbal jab comes back, what am i supposed to do? Just sit down and take it? Not really much of an option. So while the catch-22 of either taking abuse or being accused is in play, I just relax.

Best thing I find for me is never to respond right off the bat though. Instead of launching a direct response right after i read something, i generally walk off, grab a drink, sit down, and reread the response and type something that lacks any emotional connection. It may come across as a bit more higher thought and reasoned out (which usually equates to arrogance), but at least I know when I do something, it is of sound mind and calm emotional state, not something made in the heat of passion which can possibly be offensive, save to the reader who wishes it to be.

Zen, is awesome. blaugh
Holy s**t, you are so full of yourself. I'm actually at a loss for words, I actually don't know respond to this level of arrogance. Yeah, I think I'm done here...  

Johnny Malone
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:01 pm
Yeah, I'm not saying anything.

Anyone following The Hobbit video podcasts?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:05 pm
Des Voh
Yeah, I'm not saying anything.

Anyone following The Hobbit video podcasts?
I have been. Although I haven't seen the newest one yet. Is it any good?  

Johnny Malone
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:07 pm
Not sure about that, Ive been unable to watch the last two, Facebook keeps glitching on me, as does the main website. confused

It brings to the table of thought what it would be like if P.J had stayed a producer and Del Toro had ran the show, hypothetically.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:08 pm
That sounds pretty interesting, guess I better go and check it out.  

Johnny Malone
Crew

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:55 pm
Did they give out the release date for the hobbit yet?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:07 pm
The precious...  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm
Wrong movie DA. The hobbit is before that. Wait, gollum makes a brief appearance in the hobbit. Either that or... No bilbo doesn't turn into gollum.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:11 pm
The one ring to rule them all, but when you see it, you die in 7 days.

They did say it was cursed, afterall.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:23 pm
4laugh  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games