Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:23 am

Okay we're gunning for the Rendili now. Time for another sensor focus. Cale, do you think they'd have swapped out the turbolasers for ion cannons? It is their boarding and capture boat.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:35 am

I crunched the numbers Stellar. Even with the targeting info you gave me, that Maurader isnt down yet. Their two Turbolaser batteries each do the same damage as our club.
We have almost double their hull strength and backup shield systems though, so if we can do something about their fighters we should be ok.
The Light Corvette probably has Ions since they're cheep and the thing is a Pirate ship. A couple wacks with the club and our forward heavy lasers should shut 'em up for us to concentrate on the Maurader.

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Cale, if you can punch through the shields and weak hull spot on that marauder you can score the critical of all criticals on a combat ship, a magazine explosion.

The Light Corvette is a shadowport knock-off, so its not going to be a structurally sturdy as a Rendili made one. I'll give it a flaw in the dorsal shield, once the shields go down, just walk the fire along the dorsal centerline and should be able to take out all their primary systems: power, sensors, the bridge, engineering, and engines. I'm not sure where the gun batteries are on one, but if you take out their power system they won't be able to use em.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:37 pm

I didnt think I could score a tibanna explosion with just a club.

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:42 pm

You'll need to hit it with the quad laser cannon to cause ignition. An Ion cannon will only ionize the plating you need to punch through.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm at a loss for what Laura should do.

I'd imagine she'd have at least some manner of light body armor and a blaster in case of pirates coming aboard. Given Jag's a Mando Captain, I'd assume he'd want his crew to have access to at least some degree of personal defense.

But the real concern for me is, she's not exactly a bridge-goer for red alert scenarios, nor do I imagine she'd be one to control a turret or anything.

All I can think of is she'd setup a small barricade and have the blaster out and wait for something to breach the ship and start shooting at it.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:11 pm

That might be useful if no one MANS THE GUNS and we get boarded.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:18 pm

Someone's about to get fired.

Out an Airlock.

Sol Walker
Crew

K-Blade

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:27 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:49 pm

For Pete's sake! If farmboy Skywalker can operate a quad laser turret then you guys can! Hell I'm really getting irritated.

If someone doesn't man those guns soon we're all going to find ourselves floating home. Damn it.

stellarmagic

K-Blade

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:58 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Fine. I'll march my bum all the way up to the deck. Next you'll be askign for people to fly the damnable thing.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:05 am

So, while thinking of whether or not Laura would be able to do that great manning a turret that nobody else is very motivated to do, I was inspired to think of Jag complaining about the lack of sharpshooting, and she goes, " Dammit, Jag! I'm a cook, not a marksman. "

Thus, some more LYNH were born.

Anyways, while she's not gonna land every shot, wouldn't it be safe to assume that just about anyone can operate a turret enough to be of actual use?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:05 am

Yes. Those are rapid fire cannons. if you lead your shots you aught to be able to hit something.
Remember, these are Pirates, not Imperial Fighter Pilots. They arent up to snuff.

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:51 am

If no one shows up for the second one I'm sending one of the R2 units. This is still crazy. Maybe they're waiting for Jag to ask for volunteers.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games