Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:54 pm
Lt Buckner
Case of Pietro has an update with a Tommy Gun, but all of the poses are ******** retarded gonk 1928 Typewriter if you guys are wondering.
I gonk 'd at the pose for firing it. Gaia obviously doesn't know how difficult it is to fire one of those one handed. If you put your avatar in the horse stance while equipping items then it kinda looks like you're using both hands but still firing from the hip.

Armas should add this to his avatar.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:26 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Lt Buckner
Case of Pietro has an update with a Tommy Gun, but all of the poses are ******** retarded gonk 1928 Typewriter if you guys are wondering.
I gonk 'd at the pose for firing it. Gaia obviously doesn't know how difficult it is to fire one of those one handed. If you put your avatar in the horse stance while equipping items then it kinda looks like you're using both hands but still firing from the hip.

Armas should add this to his avatar.
User Image  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:09 pm
Well, it looks like gun noobery in Hollywood is older than we previously thought.

User Image

That's Humphrey Bogart in The Maltese Falcon, 1941. The Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver was offered in two models: 6-shot .455 Webley, and 8-shot .38 ACP.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:01 am
Courtesy of /k/:
Quote:
>Friend of mine from work, who I got interested in shooting invites me out to the range today
>we haven't gone out shooting together in over 2 months, and he's excited to show me his new toy.
>5 weeks ago, his uncle, a vietnam vet passed away, and left all the guns to his one son, and whoever else in the family wanted them
>his uncle was an avid hunter, but also had several old WWII firearms which he liked to shoot, one of which was a 98k and another was a "chinese mauser".
>My friend gets second pick, and ends up with the "chinese mauser" along with his uncles reloading supplies and half of the thousand or so rounds his uncle had laying around.
>for 5 weeks he's been telling me about how much he loves this chinese mauser, and how it was his uncles favorite deer gun, because of how he loved the open sights much more than his 98k
>tells me he gets pretty good groups at 100-200 yards. nothing amazing but 1-2 inches isn't bad, and he tells me its much better than his nugget
>finally today, he invites me to come shooting with him, so I pack up the nuggets, the 10/22, and the marlin 336, decide to make a day of it.
>I show up about 20 minutes late, and he already has targets set up at every single range, from 25yds all the way out to 200
>we're the only ones there
>I look over and say hi, start unpacking my s**t, and give him a wide berth because I'm going to be shooting the 10/22, and I don't want to shower him with hot brass
>we shoot for about 15 minutes before he decides its time to check our targets
>Get decent groups open sight with the 10/22, feel pretty good about it.
>we walk back to the shooting line with our earplugs out, and he beckons me over to get a look at his "chinese mauser"
>I take a single glance at it, and its a type 99 arisaka with an intact mum, with the foregrip chopped off in front of the rear sight.
>I give him the benefit of the doubt and assume his uncle had it re-chambered at one point, or he was shooting 7.7 reloads
>We go back to shooting, and out of the corner of my eye I begin to think he's shooting his stickybolt nugget, and pay no attention
>5 more minutes go by, before I notice some spastic slapping and hear some cussing
>look over and he's trying to force the bolt closed.
>realize I've never heard of an arisaka with a sticky bolt and go over to figure out what the ******** he's doing.
>take the arisaka from him and pull the bolt open, dropping a bent up 7.92 bullet on the ground.
>then I realize all the ammunition he has is softpoints
>I shoulder the rifle and WORK THE BOLT
>bolt takes above average amount of force to close, but it seems as though its been worn in to the point that you could close it without using a hammer.
>I look at the ground and there's bulged out marred brass all over
>HOLY ******** s**t I'M HOLDING A GRENADE

Turns out this idiot and his retard uncle had been shooting 8mm mauser out of an unmodified 7.7 arisaka, and had been doing it for YEARS without incident, and getting fairly decent groupings while using the wrong caliber ammunition.

I have no ******** idea how him and his uncle had managed to keep their arms. He personally told me that he put over 300 of those rounds that he got from his uncle through it without issue up until that point.

Apparently Arisaka rifles have the reputation of never exploding, EVER, no matter WHAT you do to them. Some jackass American general went so far as to weld the barrel shut and the gun STILL wouldn't explode.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:55 pm
So I got into an IRL friend of mine earlier about how Jennings pistols are essentially s**t. I cited that I know a guy whose Jennings had the entire safety mechanism literally fall off the gun while he was shooting. She starts arguing about how any true gun enthusiast would know that the only real safety is your finger, somehow completely oblivious to the point at hand, which is that part of his gun fell the ******** off for no reason, which is generally not something that reliable guns are well-known for. I correct her, and she starts taking everything personally.

I guess now I know why she has a bruise on her head from the butt of a Jennings pistol.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:57 pm
Here we go again.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/extended-discussion/the-pistol-myth-and-why-revolvers-are-better/t.75614213_16/#28  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:55 pm
Capt Buckner CTO
Here we go again.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/extended-discussion/the-pistol-myth-and-why-revolvers-are-better/t.75614213_16/#28
Beat me to it.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:40 am
Mister George Kapland

Swords are superior because they're honorable.

...And there goes the thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:15 am
Capt Buckner CTO
Mister George Kapland

100% guaranteed troll. Kap and I are friends, he's probably trolling on my behalf. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 am
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO
Mister George Kapland

100% guaranteed troll. Kap and I are friends, he's probably trolling on my behalf. xd
sad I miss that thread  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:04 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO
Mister George Kapland

sad I miss that thread

necro it.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:11 pm
Capt Buckner CTO
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO
Mister George Kapland

sad I miss that thread

necro it.
It was bin'd so it's not in ED anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:30 pm
there is a new gun its a zombie hunting rifle  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:23 pm
This is off of site, but if any of you guys use the Paizo site, feel free to jump in:

The fight.

This debate started here, but I asked a mod to ask people not to bring up gun control in that particular thread, as it was stupid of me to start that battle there.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff