Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jane in Vain

Springtime Fixer-Upper

10,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:16 pm
G'day, ladies and gentlemen!
My name is Amanda, and I am an 18 year old enjoying life in the Maritimes.
I enjoy literature, films, and music.
I do not watch television, I feel that there are much more constructive things I could do with my time.
I love learning and meeting new people!
I ride BMX, I love cars, and I am a terrible golfer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:48 am
I'm Karl and I am not the best at grammar, but i learn quick.  

SirJokerTheGod

Zemedelphos

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:46 pm
Hello everyone. I'm Squibaldish, and I'm new. I'm 16, and will be 17 on Aug 23.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:01 pm
Greetings and salutations from sunny California!

I'm a twenty-something year old college student, dual-majoring in English and Information Technology (though between you and me, that's bound to change) and geeking out here on GaiaOnline in my spare time. I'm not entirely sure what I plan to do with my English Degree but in the meantime it's served me well as a tool for aggravating my friends and improving my employment network.

In any case, I'm honored to be part of the 3G and I look forward to chatting it up with the lot of you in the future!

Pax!
-Dante  

Dante Dela Rosa

Explosive Effects101

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:50 pm
Hello, I am a gay female hailing from the United States. I am horrible at math, but I love reading. Music, guitar, my band, freind and family is my life. I have 2 best freinds. My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, Saves The Day, The Smiths, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Dope, The Used, Son of Dork and Apocalyptia are my favorite bands. If you want to know more about me look on my profile. Call me Gav, its my Gaia nickname.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:31 pm
Hello, I'm Rose. I'm something of a word nerd, having won NaNoWriMo on more than one occasion. I pride myself on being able to use a word processor with the wavy error lines on and have something that bears little resemblance to a christmas tree.

I come by it honestly- my father is a cruciverbalist (he makes cryptic crosswords) and his father is a retired English professor!  

SerpentRose

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

curlieq301

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:08 pm
Hey I'm Nikkie! I'm 20, I'm an English major WOOT! I also plan on being a librarian, so go nerds. My idea to save the world is to get everyone to read. I love love love love love love books with every fiber of my being.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:53 pm
Well, I'm Brianna, but please call me Bri. I'm sixteen and I live in crummy New York. It was my latin teacher that got me to become quite the stickler when it comes to grammar and how people use it. I'm constantly correcting my mom, which she hates. I enjoy The Slayers, it's my favorite anime! My favorite all time band is Beat Crusaders. Uhm...yeah...I like the hang out with my friends often and I'm a hopeless romantic.
I rarely use words like "lol" and "omg" and the such, but I use smilies way too much sometimes. Oh that's another thing that bugs me: to, two and too. No one seems to know how to use them. xD Yeah, before I do on a rant about it, I'll end it here because I know that all of you (should) know the difference.
Thank you!

Briichigo

Durem Dabbler

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Wiianddsfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:01 pm
I am Wiianddsfan.
I desire to be in honors english, or honors reading,but, I'll just keep my A average in regular classes.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:35 pm
Hello, my name is Alicia. I'm a thirteen year old teen who was born in Boston, but I was dragged to Pennsylvania.
My favorite subjects are math and english, but I hate effort. I'm guarenteed a spot in honors algebra II next year, and I hope to get into honors english. My passion is singing, and I love to play the piano and guitar.

Spanakopita

Aekea Perfectionist

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

egginaframe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:06 pm
Well howdy, I'm Avery. I was born on May 19, 1992, so that makes me 16 at the moment. I'm not good at introductions, but if you want to know about me, visit my profile and leave a nice comment. I have a wall of text that describes me in there, so if you're looking for a novel to read, I think that my profile is about the length of one.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:17 pm
I think I forgot to introduce myself.
Shut up. I got a paycheck, that subsequently went to my greatest love.
My name, for all intents and purposes, is Ashe. I am currently twenty one years of age, living in the United States of America, and pleasantly pessimistic. When I was ten, I forsook the human race for the companionship of novels. For the duration of four years I read at least one novel a day. I have little to no people skills, though still remain married to my addiction. Due to this lack of socialization, I have a severe phobia of communication via telephone. Text and e-mail, as a form of written word, are not as terrifying. I tend to come off as sounding strict or formal when I'm trying to be gentle, or overtly familiar when attempting friendship. Please excuse me this oddity in a sea of oddities.

Some amusing stories about my life include:

The year I was banned from the library for reading too much.

The year I created the biggest Mary-Sue that wasn't.

The time I re-learned how to laugh.

and

The exact moment I realized that I had forgotten half the books I've read.

I love to talk, if you couldn't tell, and will people to contact me. Unfortunately, my "Jedi mind-tricks" don't work quite as well as I could hope. So, I'll out right state that I do not mind making new friends via internet. I'll shut up now.  

Veriduin

7,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Satin Kiss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:26 pm
Hello, everyone.
My name is Dionna. I'm currently one of the copy editors (the best in my opinion, because even if I go after every other editor has read over it, I still catch things) at a local newspaper, although I was at first studying to be an English teacher. I would have taught possibly 9th grade to do vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation. Those are my areas of expertise.

My second favorite book is the dictionary, believe it or not. Although this is so, and I love vocabulary, I don't always grasp the meaning of new words so as to utilize them in my daily vernacular. My language pet peeves are the your/you're mix-ups and commas and periods outside of quotation marks. It seems to be the norm in some writing styles, but I still despise it.

Hobbies include proofreading colleagues' (not just journalists) works, yoga, studying the dictionary, Fill-It-In puzzles, Sudoku, and the occasional video game with my fiance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:17 am
Aloha everyone, from currently bad-weathered New York. I'm from a part of New York that you've probably never heard of, but I can guarantee, that you've seen. You've most likely seen it on a map. Long Island is my home. That's New York's "tail" right next door to Manhattan.

I have a tendency to add parts of foreign languages to my speech and I love saying hello and goodbye in foreign languages as well. French is currently my favorite foreign language, followed by Italian.

Grammar is extremely important. I even TEXT in full sentences (and get yelled at by my friends.) I have a habit of writing too much and my teachers all adore me. All E' last trimester (which is a good thing) and if I manage to keep those scores for this trimester I am almost guaranteed a spot in Honor Society. Did I mention I also have a habit of repeating words?

If you want to know more, send me a PM. And please the multiple grammar errors in the pictures in my profile. They're there because they are cute.

Okay? I think that's it.  

LadyRaven2008

Aerynna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:34 pm
Hey there, everyone! I'm Jazmine, but please call me Jaz or Aery. Thanks!

I'm 27, I'm happily married, and I graduated last month from college with a BA in English with a concentration in Professional Writing. My ultimate dream job will involve editing in some way, shape or form - I love editing anything I can get my hands on. My philosophy on reading, writing, and grammar is that they can each save us all from insanity and/or ultimate self-destruction.

I'm honored to be a part of the 3G and I can't wait to talk with you all in the future. smile  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff