Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:45 am
Besuliik Deakin
Yeah you've told me that before.

When they blasted the Sandcrawler in episode 4 Obi-Wan said it was "too accurate" for pirates or whoever. So that's what would prove to me the E-11 was good.

Jaden, I agree on the LJ-50's but the LS-150 is too heavy. Maybe a mounted machine gun to blast wookiees and LJ-50's for auxiliary.

The sandtroopers were toting mostly longarms on Tatooine if you recall. You dont use e-11's to gun down a giant mining machine. That requires you to get close to it.
They basically just shot the hell out of it with the Star Wars equivalent of the 50 Cal Sniper Rifle: the DLT-19  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:28 am
I thought they actually called in TIE bombers, but that's just from a fan video which was quite funny.

DLT-19 rocks my world, I use it in a lot of RP's, but, it's not so great looking. Add a nice scope and I'll feel like another school boy. Or something.  

Besuliik Deakin

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:03 am
Which is more powerful? the DLT-19 or the DLT-20?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:14 am
Never heard of the 20, but i'm no weapons expert on fantasy arms.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Besuliik Deakin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 am
I would say the 19, it's a heavy blaster rifle. It was modded for a sniper rifle too, so that's pretty good lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:43 pm
Besuliik Deakin
I would say the 19, it's a heavy blaster rifle. It was modded for a sniper rifle too, so that's pretty good lol.

Wouldn't the "20" be a more advanced model? maybe better handling, less kickback, whatever it may be?  

Rendin Verta

Besuliik Deakin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:53 pm
Yeah I would think so too, but I'm going with the 19 because it's a heavy. Takes down speeders and such, so it's possibly stronger. I think the 20A is just a lighter and better handled rifle. Because the 19 does take longer to load and assemble. But if you think about it, subtracting the negative sides on the 19 (like the assembly and loading) also has to subtract the positive thing (like the power). I bet the main problems led up to the high power. Most weapons do.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:36 pm
Although, I must say, DLT-19s do make a good transition from world war II era German machine gun to high powered stromtrooper rifle kit.  

Rendin Verta

Besuliik Deakin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:52 pm
Oh God, ooh-rah to that. MG34 squeezed 900 RPM. That's impressive. Thing is, it was recoil operated XP Gas operated is great.

Do blasters fire plasma, or what? I'm confused between tibanna and what comes out. Never understood them to the fullest.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:40 pm
concentrated heat, I believe.  

Rendin Verta

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:43 pm
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tibanna_gas

It's the Star Wars equivalant to Hydrogen

Basically, it's a gas, that for some reason, becomes incredibly active when ligh passes through it.

Blasters: By tightly packing tibanna molecules, and then shining a laser light through them, the energy given off by the gas multiplies the power of the laser, creating a bolt of energy that causes damage

Hyperdrive Coolant: By not packing the tibanna, the gas can be used as a coolant agent in hyperdrives. It's what keeps the engines from overheating while you're travelling 20 times the speed of light.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 pm
Aaah. That would explain it  

Rendin Verta

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:42 pm
I really don't understand the use of swords in the SW galaxy, when Vibroweapons and lightsabers exist. Swords seem... irrelevant.

I mean, I believe in their use, but that's my custom. To a normal Coruscanti, the use of a sword would be pointless and foolish.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:05 pm
vibroswords can't be made of cortosis? I dunno. maybe some rich retard wants to look like the next treize kushrenada.  

lady_skuld

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:51 pm
Then I hope the idiot dies like he deserves.

domokun  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games