Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:50 am
What are the odds of finding a derelict Executor-class in the mid-outer rim by chance?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:20 am
ElladanKenet
What are the odds of finding a derelict Executor-class in the mid-outer rim by chance?

Not good.
Its about the same as trying to find the Katana fleet, if not harder.
Theres alot of empty space for an 18 klick long death machine to be floating in, not to mention that the NR kept a record of all known made Executors and which they captured or nixed.
Last I checked all present and accounting for.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:58 am
Well, I was wondering through a site at school (a wanna-be Wookieepedia), and it mentioned one ship that got in a tussle and fled and was never found.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:12 am
Here's the insert I found

Intimidator—Originally belonging to Black Sword Command together with two other anonymous "Super Star Destroyers", the Intimidator would be pressed into service for the Duskhan League after the Yevethan revolt at the Black Fifteen shipyards over N'zoth as the Pride of Yevetha. It was later reacquired by a revolt of the subjugated human crewmen. The Intimidator eventually came to rest as a derelict somewhere between the galactic core and the Unknown Regions.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:03 am
I think the Intimidator rejoined Imperial Forces in the Core, she was probably either destroyed or captured by the New Republic.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:19 am
Well, there's no proof. If things are against my odds, and noones willing to have me stumble across it, could we just say it was recommisioned for the Vong Wars and destroyed some time later?  

ElladanKenet
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:29 am
Hey Stellar, when you get a chance, do you mind upgrading the galaxy? It's changed a bit since before.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:13 pm
We werre Ready to Evacuate at Yellow, beginning evacuation at Red.  

PaulTheWolf5575

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:42 pm
What? You mean that everytime you think there might be an imperial presence in the sector (Hence the initiation of a yellow alert) you unplug all the sensors, dismantle the defensive systems, stow arms, food and supplies, and pack up everything not nailed down.

Thats IDIOTIC. You'd never have the base fully operational because you're constantly packing up and unpacking. neutral

This is your Hoth, your Dunkirk. Your defense plan is in shambles, the enemy is knocking on your door and the Imperial Fleet has arrived overhead. If you were prepared to evacuate there would be no ground battle, because no one is there anymore! It'd just be an aerial engagement as we chase the transports fleeing the base.

Look at hoth, the base went to yellow alert when the Probe Droid was discovered. They didn't begin evacuation preperations until the imperial fleet arrived at which point they went to battle alert and began deploying troops for repeling a ground assault, which probably took around twenty to thirty minutes. The Imperials landed a regiment of troops and formed them up for an assault, a process that probably took around an hour.

You have a couple hours to load your equipment and run while the plaguetroopers fight through the tunnels. Thats it, you'll have to abandon most of your heavy equipment plus thousands of ground troops.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:49 pm
At Yellow alert they don't unplug sensors, but they do ready personnel for Evac. They ready anything that needs to be unplugged to be unplugged so it can be unplugged in a moments notice. They load up nonessential equipment, and personnel is ready to be loaded. Its not exactly a difficult concept to grasp...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:24 pm
The concept isnt hard to grasp; I think you fail to realize just how little equiptment could be deemed "non-essential". Also, I think you fail to understand just how long it takes for you to move equiptment several kilometers away to a waiting transports.

You think its so simple to understand. How fast do you run a mile? How fast can you pack up a computer desk (the equivalent of a computer terminal)?

You have sensors, security stations, comm relays, battle orders, electronic defenses, jsut to name the very top of "essential equiptment" that has to be "unplugged" and loaded. Non-essential equiptment includes: computers with sensitive files, mess hall equiptment, living faciliites, etc. About 500 metric tons worth of s**t alone.

What you're saying is that any time that there may be the slightest possibility that an imperial might be found on Abregado Rae, the entire base personel scrambles to load up at least 12 transports worth of equiptment that's several miles worht of convoy trips using dolleys and hoverskids and the like.

go outside and run just one mile. Then tell me how fast you can do it with a moving box filled with canned goods. Perhaps you'll grasp how "simple" of an error you're making in time.

In other RPs, we call this form of godmodding speedhacking.

@stellar: In a way, we didn't even get a ground battle. Only send our troopers into this little anthill while the pillar just shoots the trasnports out of the sky...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:00 pm
Yeah... if he wants the entire GLF base force to be destroyed or captured there's little we can do to stop him. I tell him how to escape and he ignores me... damn it.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:29 pm
I have a big feeling that we're going to have to stop with the "general" roleplaying.

I mean, autohitting, speedhacking, quakering, etc. I've noticed both sides getting at least something godmodded, and over 7 different styles of it put together. Its probably going to mean that we're just going to have to cap your NPC force to no stronger than a squadron or a platoon. Tops. Everything else is outside your control.

The more we do this, the more it seems like that's the only solution that'll solve our damn arguements, because everyone's too damn proud to try OCCing out the differences. When they do OCC, they use that knowledge in RP anyways.

So what's the point of discussing it anyway if you're just going to mod the battle?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:58 pm
Nelowulf
I have a big feeling that we're going to have to stop with the "general" roleplaying.

I mean, autohitting, speedhacking, quakering, etc. I've noticed both sides getting at least something godmodded, and over 7 different styles of it put together. Its probably going to mean that we're just going to have to cap your NPC force to no stronger than a squadron or a platoon. Tops. Everything else is outside your control.

The more we do this, the more it seems like that's the only solution that'll solve our damn arguements, because everyone's too damn proud to try OCCing out the differences. When they do OCC, they use that knowledge in RP anyways.

So what's the point of discussing it anyway if you're just going to mod the battle?

I agree with you... lets just rp without godmodding  

xNack

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:05 pm
xNack
Nelowulf

I agree with you... lets just rp without godmodding

Sadly that means some egos are going to get popped.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games