Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:10 pm

No arms race, considering how easy it is to mix up something akin to mustard gas and load it into a torpedo.

I'm planning on fighting a dirty war, with cultural institutions and civilian populations in the crosshairs.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:14 pm

So you're a terrorist.

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:15 pm

Yeah. I'm a terrorist. Isn't that something you'd expect of sith?

Maim, kill, rape... Watch the galaxy burn.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:17 pm

Not of this timeframe.

You're just another rogue sith like Nakara if you go terrorist on the galaxy. The Sith are trying to create an empire, not destroy the galaxy...

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Nelo brings up a point.
After 500 years the Sith have the leg up on the Jedi and the Galaxy. The Sith want a Galaxy to rule, not fuel for a fire. Thats Dark Jedi talk right there.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:21 pm

Ah... not exactly.

I want to conquer, but I use all the means at my disposal. If it means dropping a torpedo full of sarin-gas onto a coruscant spaceport or sending a thousand sithtroopers in an assault on a planet. I'm willing to do both.

In fact the plan I'm drawing up for the character's first attack is meant to do maximum civilian damage, and cripple the Republic Fleet's capacity to wage offensive operations.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:23 pm

So you want to conquer lifeless rocks then?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:31 pm

If that were true I'd use something besides Chemical weapons. Those are more a weapon of terror then a means of exterminating a population. Surgical use of chemical weapons however is a great aid to destroying an enemy's ability to fight.

Even biological weapons can be used in a tactical manner with proper planning. Imagine releasing a bio weapon and after a day or two releasing a biological agent genetically engineered to cleanse the original weapon. Or a bacteria that eats permacrete in preparation for an invasion.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Gotta say, Stellar; When I was doing the recruiting for the Sith General slot, I was expecting something more along the lines of traditional Star Wars warfare. You know, superweapons, giant battlefleets and armies beating the hell out of each other on exotic worlds lead by saber swinging force users.
This is something a bit more different.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:48 pm

Yeah, this is rogue warlord stuff that the council would try to eliminate, not support...

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:55 pm

There are ways to appease the council, like handing over conquered territories to their rule, and so forth.

His opening actions will be outside of the council's jurisdiction, but it's hard to distance or disgrace a commander that has given them some victories.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:04 pm

Meh.
I'll let the sith sort it out.

In the meantime, we're waiting on you in the Fringe RP, Stellar.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:06 pm

*sigh* The sith aren't that easily appeased though.

The last thing they want is a warlord who gives them rebelling territories as a tithe. You've got to keep the planets you take, and control them on your own, not simply make a victory and hand them a can of worms because you want to be an honor hound.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:13 pm

On a side note, any idea on what you could use for the fringe yet? Or am I just being too persistant for my own good?

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:14 pm

Like what?
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games