Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ithaya

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:06 am
Good evening, my name is Iko, and I have been with this guild for many years.
I am, however, probably not recognised at all. I haven't been to this guild in almost as many years and have returned after a horrifying incident on zOMG concerning text talk.

The majority of my knowledge of grammar is most likely due to my love of Lynne Truss' Eats, Shoots and Leaves, and not the horrifyingly inadequate school system I have attended for the last fourteen years of my life.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:19 pm
Hello, my name is Jessica. My passions include writing, playing the piano, and day dreaming. I also like to watch anime and read. Both writing and grammar are extremely important to me, and I am glad that I have the chance to speak to like-minded people.

I am honored that I have been accepted into such a prestigious guild, and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

GhostlyMystic

Raimyah

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

9,975 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:14 am
My real name is of little consequence, beside the fact that its change is inevitable. Since perhaps early in the year two thousand and seven, I have been something of a lurking and/or inactive member.

The written universe, since childhood, has been a form of entertainment and tool for enlightenment as maturity has dosed me with wisdom. If not for the written word, I would have grown to become closed-minded and dull, and no one would find me interesting.

As for real life issues, I am at long last facing a condition known as Gender Identity Disphoria. There are five recognized tiers to this condition, and mine is of the fifth level, which is considered genuinely transsexual. That said, I am a girl who has ever been trapped in a boy's body, and life itself is becoming less tolerable with time.

What am I trying to accomplish with this honesty? My own self comfort, really, in knowing that I can find acceptance and face any prejudice in this important matter. Besides, I'm tired of living a daily lie that is a male lifestyle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:22 pm
Hello, I am Divad de Sel, and no, I am not an Italian. I am a novelist in the works and I have some good ideas for video games and movies. But that is my opinion. But I digress.

I am constantly surrounded by people who have no clue as to what I speak of, because all that they can understand are whines, grunting, and moans, which only proves to show their idiocy and barbarism. I am very mature, and have been since I was a mere child, and I have come to respect all people with good morals, tolerance, and vrtue, but I will not accept those who would sell their soul or anothers soul for mere profit of any form. If it is for the betterment of the world, I do not mind, but if it is for personal gain, then I shun you away.

My mind is very imaginative. I sometimes have twisted fantasies, such as the nightmare version of Sherlocke Holmes, or they can be wonderous places, filled with great plots and characters for my manipulation.

Anyways, I am sorry for my babbling, and hope to become accepted into your group.  

Varof

Pikarat

Taken Lover

6,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:40 pm
Hi people! I love grammar and have unfortunately lost friends due to my excessive correcting. I point out every little grammar mistake made. xd sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:41 pm
O-o
The names Nyx... yar. I like to roleplay, normally by myself.
I've been here for five years.. the classic veteran.
I can be nice.. if I like you. But if you're mean, oh lordy.. who needs more enemies to play with?

Nyx Hemera

Eloquent Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150

Anriazna

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:04 pm
Hello everyone. My name is Anri and used to be Mokey.
Either name is fine by me - I only changed it because someone tried hacking me.

I am almost twenty years old and have been on Gaia since mid-late 2004.
I have always been litterate but I do have spelling problems as I relied on word check when I was young
so please bear with me. I promise that my spelling issues aren't terrible.

I used to be a complete and utterly controlling grammar-nazi however, after almost getting
a fellow Gaian to commit suicide over it, I have somewhat toned-down.
I still do get irked however and won't talk to people if they aren't at least semi-litterate.

I am a fairly nice person and great at taking myself out of a situation when giving advice.
I love talking to people and answering questions but I should never be expected to try
to go out and make friends as I'm not very social at all. However, I never say no to a new discussion.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:34 pm
Greetings everyone! I like to be called Rin best, but any variation on my username is also fine with me.
I am a literate eighteen-year-old in my second year of college. I enjoy reading, writing, drawing(ever since the age of one and a half), being random, and laughing at Text Talk along with other bad writing (and speaking) habits. I am proud to currently be getting A's in all my writing classes. My pet peeves are poor spelling, Fundamentalists, and complex math. I abhor bad spelling. I love good spelling and long, complicated words. They make me very happy and make me feel classy while using them.
Additionally, I'm very social, so I always enjoy receiving messages or comments and making new friends. If you have some writing issue, I won't laugh and I'm happy to help with just about anything.

I'll see you all around!  

Bruce of House Banner

6,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sintreri

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:26 pm
Why hewo, my name is Brittany (that's with an ANY not an NEY and has THREE syllables, thank you)
But...you can just call me Yuki, if you please, or if you haven't read this, or forget what to call me, then Sylph (my fursona name, and my username) is also fine.
I'm 16, and I live in Iowa, in the oh so infamous U.S.A.
I love smilies =3
I use them a lot (I know I actually spell a lot as two words, unbelievable, right?)
I usually have a smiley for every sentence ^^
I do not lol; I *laughs* That's right, I emote ;3
I do not omg or wtf; I ohmehgawsh/gawd and whutehfuh
I love details
I rarely use CAPS to signify emphasis (that's what bold and italics are for) and if you use them, I will assume you are yelling at me TT.TT
I'm a knowledge seeker, a very curious little foxling =^w^=
I enjoy art in many forms:
Drawing
Writing
Dancing
Etcetera...
I will soon be taking much anticipated guitar lessons <3
I'm rather sexist, sorry guys ^^;;
And, if you haven't noticed by now, I am very talkative and open, and tend to ramble.
So, in order to avoid bothering you with such a troublesome habit, I will end my introduction here and bid any of you who are interested in knowing more to comment me, or send me a message.
Thank you, and I look forward to chatting with you all.

P.S
Please excuse me if my Southern accent shows up in my text ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:05 am
hey! My friends call me Nana.
I am 19 years old and I will be 20 on July 4th
I love to read, write, sing, photography, digital art, and dancing though I'm not very good at it. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You can just ask more about me if you want to know User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Kalistya

miss willow whisp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:27 pm
Hello there, my name is Willow, I'm 20 and am an English major at University. I enjoy reading, writing, baking (and sharing) cupcakes, and doing all sorts of silly things. It's lovely to be here, I do hope to meet a few people and make some lovely friends! (:  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:44 pm
Hello. My name is Lee. Nickname really. I'm literate to a point but I do have some problems with grammar. I'm working on that.

I like to read. I'm a poet. I mainly write romance but I have a side that likes to express itself in political poetry.

I am a "mild" otaku. I love manga and like anime. It's a hobby I'll probably keep until the day I pass.  

The Lost Desperado

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200

clockworc

Dapper Businessman

6,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am
Hi everyone! As you can see, my username is Serimalia, but if you'd perfer to call me something else, either Alanna or Seri would be fine with me. Right now I'm 14, but I'll be 15 in a week (I can't wait!). I'm a visual arts major in high school and I am going into my second year there and I actually like it. I love to draw, read, role play, chat and play soccer.

I joined this guild to hang around and make some new friends, so feel free to send me a private message or just chat in some of the topics with me; I'm generally a friendly and happy person.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:03 am
sweatdrop I'm embarrassed to say that I've long been a silent member of this guild. I have recently (only today, as a matter of fact) started posting in these forums... but, alas, I forgot to introduce myself in this topic from the start.

That said, I've been "grammar nazi" to friends, family, and sundry for as long as I can remember. Being on the spelling team for five years straight and having parents who required reading of such books as "A Christmas Carol" in grade school kind of accelerated my rabid appetite for all things bookish. It constantly annoys me when people use the wrong homonym or drop a letter in words... almost as much as hearing people sing off-key is physically painful for me (nearly perfect pitch).

I almost never use text-talk, always meaning "bathroom break" for "brb," and use lol on occasion only. Other than that, my grammar is spot on, although I admit to the common run-on sentence and some other minor punctuation imperfections.

Sorry for my rambling, and see my journal if you want to see my stories/poems!

Melantha007

8,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items