Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:43 am
META QUESTION

I know it says in the battle guide that for Hunters, once their HP reaches 0, their FEAR shield disappears and they can get real damage from their attackers. Gale's HP went down to -9 before I was able to warp him out of his fight - does this mean that the burns/cuts he sustained will scar him, or will that night of recovery he spent (the 12 OOC hours) mean he's okay? Since it also says that the damage was more psychological, than physical.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:22 pm
Ice Queen
Um, Roch was fighting Marsh the Sex Panda's boo, but then I checked the tent thread and apparently the boo was captured by the hunters, so... do we finish off the fight? Even tho technically he's in two threads at once?

Go ahead and finish the fight~

kuromeez
META QUESTION

I know it says in the battle guide that for Hunters, once their HP reaches 0, their FEAR shield disappears and they can get real damage from their attackers. Gale's HP went down to -9 before I was able to warp him out of his fight - does this mean that the burns/cuts he sustained will scar him, or will that night of recovery he spent (the 12 OOC hours) mean he's okay? Since it also says that the damage was more psychological, than physical.

It's up to you whether you want scars or not -- generally between -5 and -9 HP there's no scarring. At -10, however... that's an entirely different story.

Also please keep in mind that next time you can only do one action per turn: you can either fight, defend, use a Fear, or flee. You can't attack then flee next post. <3  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:24 pm
Gale didn't attack during the second round; he was just attacked himself. xDD The first round was the only time he attacked with the capture gun thingy, and since he was successful, he didn't have anything to do the second round. xD

BUT YES THANK YOU FOR CLARIFYING THAT FOR ME! C: <333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 pm
Battle thing! I think there's something off with Swift Strikes right now, in terms of adding up the dice?

Right now for Y1/2 it says:

Damage: Add up the dice, divide by the modifier result.

And for Y3 it says:

Damage: Ignore the first dice, total up the remaining dice. Divide or multiply by the modifier depending.

Should these all be the same, and if so which is correct? XD I played it safe and did the last one because I thought I remembered that from testing but I wasn't sure~ some clarification would be super appreciated :>!  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:21 pm
Do boos entering the gauntlet have to roll anything? Would it matter where the boo comes from?

My boo is already at the tent.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 pm
Those two boos don't have to roll through the gauntlet, they're entering from the hunter side, and thus ~ no lasers/traps/whatevers  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:39 am
Sosiqui
Battle thing! I think there's something off with Swift Strikes right now, in terms of adding up the dice?

Right now for Y1/2 it says:

Damage: Add up the dice, divide by the modifier result.

And for Y3 it says:

Damage: Ignore the first dice, total up the remaining dice. Divide or multiply by the modifier depending.

Should these all be the same, and if so which is correct? XD I played it safe and did the last one because I thought I remembered that from testing but I wasn't sure~ some clarification would be super appreciated :>!

WHOOPS they should all be the same, yes. Doing the last option was the correct way to go; the fear guide has been fixed for this! Thank you for pointing it out~ <3  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:26 pm
If Reapers have multiple weapons (as in the case with Shun with two daggers, or Colette), are they able to summon/dismiss them individually? As in only call out/ recall one dagger if they want to? Or would it always have to be both?  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:44 pm
It's both ~ they don't exist separately until they've been summoned. After that point, the reaper can always like...just use one and sheathe the other.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:02 am
Got a couple of questions for you~

In the Halloween universe, is it possible for vampires to have been living beforehand? Like, actually being turned into a vampire instead of either phasing into being or poppin' out of a pumpkin?

And for demon marks, does the demon themselves decide how it looks or is it a 'decided at birth' kinda thing?

EDIT: Oh, just remembered the other question I had. What kind of asylum-like establishments does Halloween have?

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:53 am
^
Related question: Is the mythos involving Werewolf venom/bites = human --> Werewolf still valid at all or is that something humans made up as a coping mechanism with the existence of the werewolves?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 pm
Vampires could be once-living....Halloweeners. Much like zombies or ghosts hold that potential. However, they were not once human. As monsters, werewolves are born, rather than bitten and turned. Their shapeshifting and general bitey attitude led to the bite = werewolf legends in the world ages ago.

Asylums....are asylums, you can make up names for any places you want to exist ICly. A standard feature among these places would be a ward that represses FEAR and natural abilities in everyone except asylum staff members, as uncontrollable abilities are a fairly common issue with patients/inmates.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:17 pm
Question. A hunter who saw shadows/ghosts and was recruited because of this into Deus Ex. What sort of things do they see? Is it like kingdom hearts where they see vague indistinct shadow creatures other people cannot or is it like actual halloween denizens? Would they have it all their life or would it be sudden onset/intolerable?

And how are they usually recruited? Someone appears to them with an offer or more extreme than this? Apologies, I wasn't here for the initial hunter event so a lot of things are still a grey area for me and character journals vary.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:30 pm
For the most part it's just vague shadows ~ but occasionally a TiHer won't have their presence locked down fully, giving those pre-hunters one or two brief glances into what really lies beyond those shadows. They are what they are from birth, but some don't really start comprehending that they are seeing something different until there's a drastic change in their life that makes the shadows more apparent, and difficult to ignore. This might be anything ranging from the onset of puberty to a near death experience. But it's just as likely to have been simply a part of their life all their life, without the huge personal dramas.

Someone appears, gives them the "truth is out there" speech, and makes them an offer when the time seems right. By extreme...well, they aren't just showing up, holding people at gunpoint and saying "Join us or die." Emotional manipulation? Sure. Dire warnings? of course. Deception and too-good-to-be-true offers? Totally. Holding your family hostage? Not so much.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:32 pm
Question: Someone in our Meta group has pretty much vanished and it is hindering our progress. Is there a way we can work around that?  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games