Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:15 pm
User Image
                                                User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson sat down, his eyes studying the hall for once instead of the inside of a book. Another year come and gone, and the History professor would soon be back home studying again. Or going to another dig site like last year. Grayson looked at his fellow professors and paused, his gaze settling on Amata with a frown. She seemed upset about something. He leaned over, trying to be inconspicuous to the students. "Are you okay Amata? You seem upset about something." While his observation skills and people skills weren't the greatest, he would offer her any help she needed. All she had to do was ask.

----------------------------------
                                                State: Concerned
                                                OOC: ...
                                                ----------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:51 pm
User Image
Amata is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely at the Staff Tablespace
CURRENTLY // fancying Grayson Powellspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Professorsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Depressedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What a positively horrible way to start the holiday...' spacespac

დ დ დ The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes
But we are hiding in a safer place.
დ დ დ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceThe blonde stiffened at Grayson's voice, her head snapping around to look at him with the speed of a whip, eyes wide like a frightened deer. Of all the times for him to be observant... Her jaw clenched as she fought the urge to just throw herself at him crying. She didn't need to cause a scene, didn't need to throw all her sorrow and sadness out all over the entire population of the school. Really, she should've just skipped the feast, but she'd thought for sure that it would just keep her mind off of everything... so much for that plan. Unshed tears lingered in her eyes, and she blinked them away, hand dabbing at her eyes to try and keep her mascara from smudging. Wasn't that always the sign of a woman falling apart, those huge raccoon circles around her eyes? Maybe if she could keep her makeup clean, she wouldn't look like quite such a mess. "I... this morning, a letter... from my mother..." She trailed off, turning back to her plate, fork in hand, spreading the food over the plate. "... my dad passed away this morning... I have to go home and get ready for the funeral..." She squeezed her eyes shut again, fighting the tears, trying to force them back. When the feeling subsided, she looked back at him again, offering a weak and obvious fake smile. "Not exactly how I planned on starting off my holiday... but better than it happening during the term and my having to leave the school to attend, I suppose." Her words rung hollow; there was nothing better about this, no silver lining, no 'well at least.' It was just an awful, awful thing, and Amata didn't know how she was going to make it through the next couple of days... or the rest of the holiday after, really. She spent most of her Summers with her parents, after all, catching up, having dinners at home. Last summer, they'd remodeled a couple of the rooms in her house. Now... her lips stretched to a thin line. Every bit of work he'd put into her cottage... it was all she had left, then. That and the knick knacks he'd been so fond of giving her. Her heart thumped painfully, and she looked lost, like a child.

დ დ დ Under covers staying dry and warm
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore.
                                                          დ დ დ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:26 pm
User Image
Drusilla is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Distracted at the Staff Tablespace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY FEELING // Dazedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Another year, marching on... tick, tock...' spacespac

☩ ☩ ☩ But what is this, that I cant see?
With ice cold hands taking hold of me...
☩ ☩ ☩

spaceDrusilla entered the Great Hall and approached the Staff Table, plopping down in the first chair she came to. Dazed blue eyes glanced up the table, noting that no one else was here. Her nose wrinkled, lips pursed, eyes confused. Was she late? Or early? She tilted her head, resting it on her fist, elbow on the table. Surely Lulu would've checked on her? She certainly hoped that she was just the first to arrive, she would've greatly disliked missing the chance to see Amber again. At the thought of the Wandless Magic professor, Dru smiled, the expression distant, as most of hers were. The other woman was... interesting. And odd, like herself, although odd in a much... grittier way. Drusilla had been raised a lady, after all, and aside from her slight madness, she did at least seem to be one. Amber, on the other hand... was a tease. There was something distinctly low-brow about the woman, and it was quite interesting to watch her work. She treated every word, every movement, like it was meant to seduce, something which Dru didn't quite understand, but was nonetheless wholly affected by. Typically she did prefer men... but Amber was different. And it wasn't as though she'd never looked at a woman before, after all. Yes, Drusilla very much wanted to see her... and besides, if she'd missed the feast, she would've missed Lulu, too, and while she had actually spent a fair bit of the Summer with the woman, that didn't mean she didn't desire her company now. Having a friend was exhilarating for the Seer, and she did think somewhat clearer when the other woman was around, after all. Best to keep her close, lest Drusilla's addled mind wander off again.

☩ ☩ ☩ When God is gone and the Devil takes hold,
                                                          Who will have mercy on your soul?
                                                          ☩ ☩ ☩

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 pm
User Image

User Image
"The fresh smell of cold,
The winter settles down.
The bitter frost leaps at me,
Through a wonderland.
Winter's home again."

Natalya had her usual frosty expression on, her cold gaze staring around the room, though she didn't look it, she was quite happy that the new year was starting, more promising students.
Would there be new ones in her Cooking with Magic class?

Natalya hoped so.

Taking a seat at the staff table, she kept her stoic expression on, for she didn't have many friends...her cold demeanor usually scared most of them off, not to mention she was the silent type otherwise so.

...A new year.

I feel calm.
My thoughts are, "Hm..."
I'm a professor of Cooking with Magic.
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:47 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked to the staff table, yet again shocked he was on time for the Sorting. Well, he mused he shouldn't be surprised, but he did have a tendency to forget a lot of things. Regardless, he settled into his familiar seat at the table and opened up his book, one he had been reading before he noticed the time. He settled back and waited for the Sorting to start, or someone to talk to him.

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: Interesting read...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:13 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely in the Staff Tablespace
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Thank God the Summer's over...' spacespac

დ დ დ

spaceAmata made her way to the Staff Table with a mostly neutral expression, though there was the hint of a frown on her face. She settled into the seat next to Grayson without thinking, almost as if it had become habit. She didn't quite realize she'd even done it until she was turning to face him. Well, she supposed that was normal... she'd been half-chasing the man for what seemed like ages now. And the part of her that wasn't mooning over him still enjoyed his company. A small smile played at her lips, her expression growing fond as she spotted the book in his hands. Typical. Half the time, she wondered how on Earth the man had anything to read, because the amount of time he spent with his nose in a book lent to the idea that he surely must've run out of new material ages ago. There were only so many books in the world, after all. She had to be thankful, though. He hadn't done a damn thing and he'd still gotten her to smile.

spaceActually, she wasn't sure if she should be thankful for that, or baffled. This crush was getting out of hand. But, at the moment, it was welcome. It was frightfully hard for her to find anything worth smiling about of late. She was glad to be back at the school, away from her home, and her mother's. Both were full of far too many memories that were far too painful at the moment. She'd even considered asking Ciaran to spend the Summer at his family's estate, knowing she'd have at least been welcome, but she did teach his nephew, so that could have been odd. Besides, she didn't need her depression spreading to anyone else... which meant she had to perk back up. She pursed her lips, figuring the man had plenty of time to read in his office, and tapped his arm before leaning back in her chair, a faint smile on her lips. At the moment, she felt, and probably looked, happier than she had since she'd heard the news of her father's death. "I see you're being anti-social again," she said, eyes flicking to the book he held in his hands. "What dusty tome do you have your nose stuck in this time?" She'd considered, briefly, offering a normal sort of greeting, hello, how are you, that sort of thing, but if she did that, she was far too likely to slip and say 'I missed you.' Better to just tease him. Safer. God, she needed to get her head on straight.

დ დ დ

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:52 pm
User Image

- ❖ - ❖ - ❖ - ❖ - ❖ - ❖ - ❖ -
                                            It's¸ betterto be alone
                                            THAN in bad¸¸ company
                                            --- Antes só do que mal acompanhada

A small plume of smoke from the left end of the staff table twisted up towards the enchanted ceiling of the Great Hall, disappearing among the clouds fabricated by magic. The ceiling still amazed Núria, even after all this time that she had spent in the castle during the summer break. There had been a few other professors that had stayed in the castle, but not many. Most times, Núria had kept to herself, studying her notes, memorizing remedies, and tending to plants or small creatures.

Tonight, Núria was accompanied by a baby salamander, whose fiery surface was not at all evident of its inner nature. This particular salamander was shedding like mad, which was making it scratch itself to relieve the itch. It looked weak and its fire was not very bright, but Núria believed that it would pull through in the end. Núria grabbed another handful of chilli powder, staining her dark hands red. Gingerly, she began massaging the powder into the salamander's skin, wincing from the heat.

Having already staked out her spot at the table, she smiled meekly towards every incoming staff member as she continued to tend to the baby salamander. With its condition at a critical phase, she feared leaving it alone for any length of time. And on a night as important as the first dinner where the sorting ceremony would occur, Núria couldn't find it in herself to miss it. With the blessings of the headmistress, the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor had totted the poor thing with her, hoping that her fussing over it would eventually ease it back into health.

The strongest chilli powder from Brazil, she told herself as her skin began to sear. Whether it was from the heat emanating from the salamander or from the chilli powder, Núria wasn't completely sure, but there was nothing that would keep both from combining effects. In fact, it was probably what was making it a lot more difficult to tolerate. But, Núria simply bit the inside of her cheek and rubbed the remainder of the powder over the flaking scales of the creature and watched as it rolled onto its side in blissful exhaustion.

"Coitadinha," Núria cooed, pushing a bowl of peppers near the salamander, plucking one out. It was red and juicy, shining from the candlelight around them. Placing it by the creature, she watched as it curled its tiny body over the pepper, treating it like a pillow. Núria was mesmerized and was only jarred from her monitoring when the students began to file in.

She looked up, her dark eyes scanning the room as students new and old milled about the Great Hall. It lifted Núria's spirit even more, distracting her momentarily from her burning hands. She was so delighted to be a professor at a school as esteemed as Hogwarts; it was still a complete shock to her.

Defence Against the
Dark Arts
Professor

Made by Vampire Toy. Please do not change the code, claim this as yours, or share with monkeys. Especially not the monkeys. Enjoy! Special thanks to Real Near for her help and inspiration. She is a true artist and I love her work. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:32 pm
User Image
Professor Christina Anna Dechering
Healing Professor
Metamorphagus

Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather
Former Chameleon Dorm Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
Emotional State: Excited/Curious

Wearing: Simple with a touch of Formality Pet: Lullaby, a black vulture Oldest of two. My looks may change but do I?

Professor Christina Dechering took a seat at the Hogwarts table. She had stumbled a bit walking there as her eyes kept going to the ceiling where the clear sky showed a glittering of stars. She guessed in many ways eating in the Great Hall would be a picnic. Settling into the home hadn't been all that hard, though, she would have to give a lot of credit to her little sister, Sophie, who to Christina's annoyance decided being cooped up on what she declared 'the homestead'-the five acres of land surrounded by mostly forests and fairly isolated despite being not that far from Hogsmeade- and had taken up a job in Hogsmeade, though Sophie said something about it only being a trial basis.

Shaking her head she sat down beside Núria Crespo at the staff table who Christina would guess wasn't at the very least native to the British Isles. Then again, just looking at Christina it was impossible to realize she was a Metamorphagus. She had generally stuck to natural hair colors, tonight a light brown pulled up, and her eyes she rarely changed beyond their standard blue color. In fact, her eyes were probably the one thing she had the least control over, those would change colors occasionally if her mood drastically changed. Tonight, though she was excited and curious, she was in a good mood and had nothing to be nervous about.

Smiling she nodded to Núria who seemed preoccupied by a sick looking salamander. Maybe the woman was a professor of magical creatures or something? Or maybe Christina's fellow professor took an interest in a variety of subjects and maybe even animals-something Christina could understand. After all, Christina had an interest in potions and she was most definitely not the potions professor. Her blue eyes looked out as students began to file in. As an electives professor she wouldn't have to wonder about the first years as much, though Christina was curious to see the sorting feast of the esteemed Hogwarts. After all, she was a Salem graduate of the Chameleon dormitory-which though ironic she didn't know if she should feel the slightest bit insulted about. After all, she was a Metamorphagus, it was in her nature to be adaptable at least physically.

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:21 am
User Image

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Footballer/Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn walked into the Great Hall promptly, making sure to be on time this year. He had not been on time last year and had walked in fairly late, which was much to the displeasure of the other professors, but truly, he didn't really care what others thought of him. He just wanted to keep a good image quite frankly. Not really because he wanted to, rather because he was obligated to. The professors of Hogwarts had a formal aura around it that could not be overlooked and he wanted to fit into the system as well.

He took a seat at the Staff table, looking out into the crowd of students, looking forward to getting to teach the fourth through seventh years Charms yet again this year. He couldn't wait to meet the new students and get to see the ones he has previously taught. Hopefully he would have a better time than he did this summer. What happened really? He had to bail his brother out of jail. He met a nice young lady, which he had not heard back from at all; so he assumed there was nothing there...and that's about it. Sounds horrible. He really didn't know what to do because he honestly wanted friends...he wanted a relationship...and he also just wanted a normal social life and unfortunately, working at Hogwarts has fought against his aspirations a bit.

But hey, the year was new and he looked forward to the school year to begin.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:09 pm
User Image

☩ ☩ ☩

spaceDrusilla tilted her head back and forth as she watched other professors arrive, offering a light wave to all, noticing the new faces. One woman, a stranger, dark-skinned and carrying some small little creature with her, caught her eye. The Seer watched her for a moment from her own seat, which wasn't too far from the woman's, smiling lightly, eyes dancing. She was quite, quite glad to find that she was early tonight, since she always seemed to be running late. Besides that, she liked being around people. Lulu and Amber had not arrived yet, so she continued watching the new professor, not noticing when she stood and moved to the seat next to her, eyes wide. She watched her, with her small little lizard-thing and the peppers, intrigued. She refrained from her natural impulse to try and See what was going on, instead trying to glean the purpose of the action simply by watching. After a while, though, she admitted to herself that she was stumped. "What are you doing, ducky?" she asked lightly, not even registering that the woman might be engrossed in her work and not care for any company. Besides, she was interested in what she was seeing... whatever it was. If nothing else, the small creature was sort of... cute. Drusilla had never been one for animals, really, except Darla, whom she didn't really own so much as share a chamber with. She'd simply never been allowed a pet as a child, in no small part because her mother had feared that she would forget to feed it. With Darla, she needn't worry... the cat could find her own meals (hopefully none of which were the pet of her students or fellow professors). On that note, Drusilla would have to tell the half-neazle not to eat this lizard-thing... whatever it was. She didn't know if Darla would ever happen upon it, but just in case, she would have to ensure that they had an understanding. Such was the benefit of having a half-neazle rather than a simple cat; the hybrids were smarter by far. Although, she still wasn't quite sure by just how much. Presumably enough that Darla would understand her... though the cat was stubborn and not always inclined to listen to her. Hopefully the creature would make an exception this time.

☩ ☩ ☩

User Image

Vampire Toy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:11 pm
User Image

This was an odd position to be in. Rainey was by no means a new staff member at Hogwarts. She had been working in the school for a few years now, but as she walked into the Great Hall, she was a different person. Well, not really, but she did have a different job. She was no longer the special education assistant at Hogwarts, instead, she was the Muggle Music and Music professor. The woman even got to conduct the choir and orchestra. This was going to be one of her best years yet working at the school.

The professor took her seat at the table among the others. How was she supposed to act now that she was a professor? Was it any different from being an assistant? Rainey had no idea. She usually skipped the Sorting Feast. She felt no reason to go, since she usually only did minor tasks, but now that she had so much to do, the musician felt she had to be there.

Looking around, the other professors seemed to just be talking among themselves or keeping quiet. Not being too familiar with the others, and not wanting to just jump into a conversation without being asked, Rainey turned her attention to the students that were standing, waiting to be sorted. She hardly remembered her sorting. It was so long ago. In a few years, her great-nephew would be coming to Hogwarts and would go through the sorting. What an interesting time that will be for her. Rainey wasn't that old. She wasn't even fifty, not even close, and yet she already had a great-nephew.

Eventually, Rainey started to get bored and started to tap on the table. She didn't even think about it. She just tapped her fingers against the wood. Hopefully the feast would start soon. Then, she could get down to teaching.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:23 am
User Image

- ❖ - ❖ - ❖ - ❖ - ❖ - ❖ - ❖ -
                                            It's¸ betterto be alone
                                            THAN in bad¸¸ company

Since the creature had decided to curl up and take a nap, Núria took this opportunity to reach for her napkin and wipe her hands of the chilli powder. Her hands felt like they were on fire, yet the pain was now subsiding to a tingling throb from her body getting used to the sensation. Still, it was unpleasant. It wasn't often that Núria directly applied chilli powder to her skin, but it was often enough to take the edge off, at least.

As she stained the napkin red with the powder, Núria's attention was pulled away from the salamander to a woman who seemed to have appeared right next to the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. Moments ago, the seat was empty and now this woman with clear blue eyes stared at her in wonder and interest from only a short distance away. Leaned in with interest, she had asked. "What are you doing, ducky?"

Dark dreads tumbled around Núria's face as she examined this stranger. Her hair was dark and large, spiraling down to her shoulders in beautiful curls. Núria had seen many women with curly hair, but this one had a blithe air about her. She seemed relaxed and outgoing; outgoing enough to speak with a professor she had not met. Núria liked this woman already.

"Ah, I am taking care of this salamander. She was not feeling so very good." Núria responded, glancing back down at the creature that was scorching the table slightly with its body. The pepper it was clinging to was now a charred mess, black on the one side closest to it and shriveled on the other. "She had scale rot," she explained further, pointing to the dull and flakey scales that were now covered in chilli powder.

Núria discarded the napkin, which was now covered in a big red stain. She would have to wash her hands to remove the rest of the powder but, for now, this would have to suffice until the end of the feast. At least the pain was fading into the background. Removing the excess powder would help to decrease the throbbing, but she would still feel something until tomorrow or even the next day.

"My name is Núria Crespo," she smiled, her hands awkwardly held out in front of her over her plate, "I would give you handshake, but the chilli is very strong." Núria explained with a slight embarrassment at her broken English. She glanced down at her lap as she folded her hands there, trying to make herself less awkward than she already was.

Defence Against the
Dark Arts
Professor

Made by Vampire Toy. Please do not change the code, claim this as yours, or share with monkeys. Especially not the monkeys. Enjoy! Special thanks to Real Near for her help and inspiration. She is a true artist and I love her work. <3  

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:01 am
User Image

☩ ☩ ☩

spaceDrusilla cooed as the woman pointed out the flaky spots on the salamander's body, eyes concerned. It was a cute little thing, after all, and that it was sick was very sad. "Poor dear... but she is very lucky to have someone to take care of her," the Seer murmured, looking back up to her new friend, blue eyes bright and curious. The way the small thing was clinging to the little pepper was interesting; was this a common way to cure this, then? She didn't know much about healing, let alone healing animals, but it did seem odd. Still, what did she know? The salamander certainly seemed to enjoy it.

spaceThe brunette eyed the napkin with a confused expression, but gave her head a light shake and offered the woman a smile when she introduced herself. Nuria... it was an interesting name, for sure, and her accent... it was quite lovely. "I'm Drusilla Somerset," she said, tone breezy. She placed her hands on Nuria's wrists, careful not to touch her fingers, making a concerned little sound. "Oh, but you should wash your hands, ducky, if it hurts... dip your fingers in some water or something, at the very least..." She tilted her head as she looked back up to Nuria's eyes, blinking. Then, she turned and grabbed a small bowl from the table, one which would've been filled with food shortly otherwise, and, with her wand, filled it with water. She placed it before the dark-skinned woman with a smile and a nod. "There! Soak them a bit, ducky, no need to sit all night with it all over you," she declared, feeling quite helpful. Then, her thoughts redirected back to their conversation, and she asked, "What is your accent? It's quite lovely." Drusilla had to say, it was certainly one she'd never heard before, and very unique. It had an oddly sweet quality to it, something unusual and interesting. She quite liked it; it stood out at the table, among all the usual accents. At the moment, it was doing a very good job of keeping her attention and helping her stay lucid. She just needed to keep focusing...

☩ ☩ ☩

User Image

Vampire Toy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:49 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson looked up and realized that Amata had sat next to him. He lifted the book fractionally so Amata could read the cover. It was definitely an older book, but not leather-bound like the tomes in the school library. It instead was a muggle book, and one that looked well-worn from the state of the cover. He tapped the title and gave her a sideways grin. "Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire, actually. Pretty good read, though a lot of people would disagree there. I read it when I was a kid, and I pick it up every now and then to reread it if I'm just looking for something to pass the time."

Grayson looked Amata over, definitely noting the fact she seemed a lot better than she had the last time he saw her. At least she wasn't openly grieving now. He understood how hard it had to be to lose a loved one, but he wasn't so good at the comforting bit, regardless on how he seemed to do at the funeral. He at least was glad that she seemed to be moving on, in any case. He cocked an eyebrow at her and considered her for a moment. "So, how was the rest of your summer? I mean, well, um, it wasn't bad, was it?"

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: Interesting read...

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:55 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely in the Staff Tablespace
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Thank God the Summer's over...' spacespac

დ დ დ

spaceAmata arched a brow at him, biting her lips a bit to keep from laughing, her nostrils flaring. At least he was self-aware enough to know that he was perhaps the only person on the face of the earth who would read such a thing for fun... she blatantly ignored the fact that she had, too, once, long ago. She couldn't go reminding him that she was a geek, too, after all, otherwise she couldn't pick on him for being one. She also ignored the odd little stutter her heart did at that sideways smile, because down that path lay nothing but madness... and she was already halfway there. "Like I said, dusty tome," she told him with a smile. "It looks like it's about ready to fall apart... is this the same copy, then?" If it were... she'd actually be impressed. Mostly because the thing had held up. She had fiction novels that she hadn't had that long that were in far worse shape. To say nothing of her copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

spaceShe tried to contain her shock that he didn't immediately bury himself back in the book. Though, she would've preferred pretty much any topic over the one he chose to ask about. Still, she could tell he was asking out of concern, which actually meant a lot to her, so she tried not to look too crestfallen that he'd asked. "It was... alright. I stayed out of the house as much as possible, pestered Ciaran when I could, and at least actively tried not to spend all day moping," she told him with a small, sad sigh. Actually, she was a bit surprised she hadn't gained a hundred pounds, with all the sweets she'd consumed. Ciaran might be rubbish at funerals, but he was a fairly good distraction. Not the one she would've preferred... but she'd take what she could get. On that note... "Actually, if you don't mind, I'd like to hear about yours. Please tell me you went digging on some tomb or read some fascinating book you can tell me all about," she said, partially because she thought that it would be a far better conversation than discussing her own Summer, and partially because she really did want to hear about it... the way he spoke of his trips and things was sort of... endearing. Almost made her want to go scrambling around in a dark, dusty crypt... he did make it sound interesting. Although she didn't know if she could handle the heat. She was far more comfortable in the snow than piles and piles of sand and rocks. Not that she'd ever say no to the opportunity... if nothing else, it would be an adventure, and she was at least a little bit of a Gryffindor, after all.

დ დ დ

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games