Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:22 am
Some cultures prefer to let their skill and strength show in their swordplay rather than rely on technology. Like Gamorreans.
In other places, Vibroweapons are automatically picked up by weapon scanners, thus requiring nonpowered weapons.
Theres a whole host of reasons why someone would need a regular sword over a vibro sword.

In other news, the z-6 rotary blaster is still the manliest heavy weapon ever devised.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:39 am
*Considers arguing Cale's last point, then decides to pick his battles and does not speak up.*  

Jaden_Ordo

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:30 am
Strohl Munitions Short-barrel rotary fifty handcannon.

Awesome. It's like a Z-6, but smaller, and deadlier.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:23 am
Nothing says "I dont like you" Like a cloud of slugs.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:50 am
In my wanderings around the web, I came upon two things:
The Guard Shoto and the Lightpike.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_pike
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Guard_shoto
Both of these Lightsaber variants have appeared in one form of fanfic or comic or novel of some sort or another for a while but without a canon title.
Let us now discuss the application and usage of these variants as weapons of war and battle and compare them to the good old standard lightsword and the other, less practical variants.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:45 pm
I'm betting the pike was used as a spear, of some sort. I can't really explain it; you know how there's really long poles, and at the end, it's not a point, but like a blade. Almost in the shape of a scimitar.

The other one looks like a police baton. Hard to think on that one.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:49 pm
...a pike is a spear, thus implied in the name that they were used in a spear like fasion.

and you're thinking naginata.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:53 pm
Excuse that, I don't use pikes/spears that often to know the difference. No sarcasm/pun intended..

Naginata, there. Pretty similar looking, but I think those are longer.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:58 pm
Theres a variety of halberds in human history but what I'm getting at here is the light pike.

Is it an improvement over the standard saber?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:59 pm
lol That's tough. I haven't seen it in use, to be honest. But, it would probably be hard to fight against something like that jutting at you. Especially with those guards highly trained.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:35 pm
The reach on it and the striking power would be a definate advantage over the lightsaber.
It wouldnt be very good for blocking blaster bolts though...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:42 pm
What about Pike vs Whip? That would be a battle of the titans for sure.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:49 pm
Thats a good question.
Both are pretty offensive weapons, but I assume that the practicality and ease of use of the light pike over the light wip would prove to be a signifigant advantage.
With the leverage of a lightpike, it can deal signifigantly more damage than a lightwhip.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:05 am
I'm guessing defense on a lightwhip would be hard. It's all offense, no defense. Lightwhip vs lightpike... I'm pro whip.

Edit: Slug or blaster when fighting a Jedi, which is more useful? Can't really see slugs, so..  

Valkore Fraust

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:03 am
I would think... well the problem with slug is that the Jedi wouldn't deflect it, he would move to block and disintegrate it, I think. I mean, if you can catch him off guard I say Slug.

That's an interesting point. I'll have to try that sometime.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games