Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Nelowulf
xNack
Nelowulf
I have a big feeling that we're going to have to stop with the "general" roleplaying.

I mean, autohitting, speedhacking, quakering, etc. I've noticed both sides getting at least something godmodded, and over 7 different styles of it put together. Its probably going to mean that we're just going to have to cap your NPC force to no stronger than a squadron or a platoon. Tops. Everything else is outside your control.

The more we do this, the more it seems like that's the only solution that'll solve our damn arguements, because everyone's too damn proud to try OCCing out the differences. When they do OCC, they use that knowledge in RP anyways.

So what's the point of discussing it anyway if you're just going to mod the battle?

I agree with you... lets just rp without godmodding

Sadly that means some egos are going to get popped.
Also, sadly it is impossible without strict rules and disapline following when those rules are not followed.

Which would be a horrible, terrible thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:17 pm
Des Voh
Also, sadly it is impossible without strict rules and disapline following when those rules are not followed.

Another reason why i fear the fate of the guild when I leave and leave whip cracking to others... So far my lack of intervention has led me to that conclusion.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:21 pm
Nelowulf
Des Voh

Another reason why i fear the fate of the guild when I leave and leave whip cracking to others... So far my lack of intervention has led me to that conclusion.
Mhm, what would this guild be without our dear-ole Nelowulf.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:26 pm
Here's my projection:

Before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqr2q3YPu4E

After
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gg5LOd_Zus

Bad jokes, but I think it gets the point across...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:53 am
Nelowulf
Here's my projection:

Before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqr2q3YPu4E

After
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gg5LOd_Zus

Bad jokes, but I think it gets the point across...

He's made another....

What has this world come to?

Anyway, what point?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:10 am
the second lacks the puch of the original.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:18 am
Just so you all know, Arch won't be commanding any large forces post-AR for some time...just some frigates and some commandoes...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:23 am
It's frustrating as hell... thats for damn sure.

Okay, how about this. We cap the battles at the scale of small unit actions. No character can have any ship larger then a Star Frigate under their direct command (I think a handful of corvettes in addition to that ship would be acceptable.) Ground combat engagements will not exceed the scale of platoon sized actions.

So that means assaults and large scale combat will not be under your control. It's just to difficult to manage such a combat force. It'll be up to the GM to explain the overall strategic situation and to declare who will win large scale engagements (This doesn't mean you won't participate in those engagements, after all large engagements are just the sum of many smaller ones.)

We'll have to tell DA she'll need to downgrade to a frigate. I'll switch Borill into an NPC and move him into the background, I'll also make Kusei my PC, she'd be better for small unit actions.  

stellarmagic

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:28 am
I think for Legacy 3 we should consider moving the Cap ship class cap up to something higher, what with the war being in full swing and all, but that's neither here nor there...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:36 am
stellarmagic
It's frustrating as hell... thats for damn sure.

Okay, how about this. We cap the battles at the scale of small unit actions. No character can have any ship larger then a Star Frigate under their direct command (I think a handful of corvettes in addition to that ship would be acceptable.) Ground combat engagements will not exceed the scale of platoon sized actions.

So that means assaults and large scale combat will not be under your control. It's just to difficult to manage such a combat force. It'll be up to the GM to explain the overall strategic situation and to declare who will win large scale engagements (This doesn't mean you won't participate in those engagements, after all large engagements are just the sum of many smaller ones.)

We'll have to tell DA she'll need to downgrade to a frigate. I'll switch Borill into an NPC and move him into the background, I'll also make Kusei my PC, she'd be better for small unit actions.

Now, to only get this idea approved by all.

It may help. Perhaps even keep this plan throughout legacy 3.

@Paul: For the Sith, yes. For the other factions, no.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:36 am
I'd be willing to bump it up to Star Destroyer, or maybe even a small Task Force centered around a Star Cruiser like what I started with in Legacy 1. Maybe a cap on the number of ships on each side during a combat operation... around twelve or so.

Nothing bigger though. If your engaged in a full scale fleet engagement with ships of the line you've made A BIG MISTAKE.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am
So basically we're trying to stop the major hatefest from happening again. That's cool.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:40 am
trying to.

Now the problem of realism still remmains. Something tells me even if we bump the numbers down, the aruguement will be over damage recieved.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:46 am
I think even if we argue, it will not be as heated or as lengthy...damage dealt by Forces of that size are something of a...known quantity.

Oh, and would a few of Frigates, like 4-6 Corvettes and a transport or two under the command of an NPC be ok? (Note: The NPC and Arch will share command)  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:49 am
As long as you're not using NPCs as an excuse to get more forces, then yes. Plus, if you can't use the ships already provided, perhaps commanding forces is in fact, not your forte.

It will have to be a relationship like Ferno/veers. Both run the same troops.

But really, I'd suggest actually focusing on your own character Paul. So far, its mostly been a background role you've been playing him as.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games