Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:58 am

I think part of the problem is that people are playing post-bane sith. the idea that you have to backstab seems far more plausible when you're limited, rather than the more facist militaristic sith order during the wars.

I mean, advancement during the New sith wars probably came more from your own competance against the republic, much like how the jedi order promoted knights during their millenia long peacetime, rather than simply killing one's master. the weak sith died in battle, and the strong became feared, rather than cloak and dagger ideas. that's why I made Nakara into the cloak and dagger guise, because he's supposed to be somewhat rogue, but even he follows the whims of the council... Although, they prefer to let him cause chaos on his own. Right now, that's backfiring against them..

The sith in this time are far more like the jedi then after the thougth bomb. A rule of many, instead of a rule of two. Masters probably were appointed their apprentices, and probably trained a multitude of apprentices, rather than seeking out a particular person in the masses as their own.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:05 am

Agreed.
The Sith cant really afford to present a disunited front against the Republic. I gave them a break when I imprisoned Stryder but it wont last. Soon enough he'll be out and about and taking down the Sith fiefdoms.
But on a similar token, any Jedi we get seem to misunderstand the age we're in as well. This is the age of Farfalla and Hoth. Jedi arent just lone operators. They command armies and fleets from territories they control in the Republic's name. Its like the Clone Wars almost for the jedi.
Though to be honest we're short of Jedi as well.

Sol Walker
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:20 am

Siren's probably seen of more as a loner. That and she's not a " true " Sith. While Calliga's officially in charge of Thule, Siren's still playing puppet master with him in a sense, still kinda running things without being in an official position of power, shielding her from enemies who would go after Calliga instead, etc.

Anyways, Thule is currently building up forces, and the Sith Council could decide to see that Thule's been reworked recently into something useful to them. In that sense, they'd be helping the other Sith I guess.

I didn't really plan ahead for this sorta thing. Siren's not really good at wartime stuff. It's all deception and seduction with her.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Sorry Nelo, but most likely I won’t be able to post until Sunday, some time, maybe. Monday is a holiday, so Tuesday at the latest.

K-Blade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:16 pm

@ K: cool beans with me. Just have fun, 'cause if you're not, i call dibs.

@ DA: Nakara's going to go on a little theiving quest, if you're interested in working with him on 'deception and larceny'...

@ Cale: True, but the jedi have always been more cooperative due to their nature. Their order wasn't remade three times in drastically different ways like the Sith have been. And because of that, it's easier to work the jedi angle. But still, if you think about it, our jedi aren't lone operators, because between me, you and K, Pash is probably the only one who doesn't actually have direct connections with a group.

At the moment, the need for jedi is slimmer, because with stryder, they've gotten quite organized.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:58 pm

Hmm, well since Nakara is more of a mastermind type himself, he might be interested in Siren's potential because it could help him. Like, outta curiosity, he looks up new info about Thule while keeping tabs on other Sith activity, noticing it's become a near utopian world compared to what it was before, and finds it odd that Siren's been stripped of power, but he sees through it as her being clever, then decides she'd do and sends a message to Calliga asking to " borrow " her for a while.

Considering the position she's in, Siren can't be the one to make contact, at least not in any way that'd make sense to me.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 pm

In Soviet Sithspace, Nakara contact you!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:09 pm

...So whats it like in the Oligarcic Sithspace?

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:26 pm

Nakara contact you!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:46 am

Well I got the modified profile from Aurin. No word from Stellar though.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:49 pm

Hey Nelo, I'm a bit puzzled as to how to proceed with Pash.
Is there something I should be doing or what now?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:12 pm

I kind of was waiting on Sayla to return, but I guess I could start the race procedure. Figuring you got rid of about what, half of the pilots on the ground? That just leaves the republic/jedi entrants and the people onboard my ships to join the race up in space.

You coudl always inspect the modifications to your ship, or do something over the night, but if you want to get a move on in the race, we can.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:23 pm

Ok so thats the hold up.
Try PM'ing her?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:29 pm

Sorry for being so slow on the development, guys.
Can't find too much source material to work off of.

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:34 pm

Thats alright. Its not your fault.
We're in a rather unexplored period of Star Wars history.
If you're still looking for a flagship, you could just refit a Sith Interdictor Cruiser.
The Gravity wells might not be as effective against modern Hyperdrives but taking those out you could probably add a good deal of firepower to her to make up for it.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Interdictor-class_Cruiser
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games