Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:02 pm
Mandalore Warrior
Ooo, Ordo as a boss, yeah sure.

Mmm, nothing better than training Marines. I like to be like Walon Vau, but, I'm probably worse lol. Born for it. Pay over some more honor - I'll take the honor.

Death before dishonor, honor over credits, credits over bloodshed, and Glory over all. My saying. Might need some rewording, but, I'll work on it.

PM Jaden about it. he might take you up on it.
And if he has questions about money, remind him that I'm bankroling him.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:03 pm
Darkened Angel
I've been thinking of a character idea, but I don't wanna use it yet since I already got 3 chars in CotS already.

The idea is a more agility/speed focused Jedi that uses a non-lethal lightwhip and a lightdagger, only using the dagger for lethal action or cutting stuff, etc. and fights with dance-like moves primarily using the whip to attack with.

She'd be physically weak without Force assistance, but she uses the whip to snag her opponents, rendering any strength difference irrelevant, etc. while she relies more on superior agility and speed to hit without being hit, slowly wearing down tougher opponents, etc. and if need be, finish it off with a quick stab of the dagger.

Why not have that be a Style nemesis picks up and utilizes.
She's old enough to have a few tricks up her sleave.

At any rate I'm not sure where we could use a new character like that. You got a Grey Jedi, a Jedi, and a Sith already.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:05 pm
lol Yeah I'll drop him a PM. If he's being bankrolled, then I won't be a newby merc about it. I'm not gonna be on till Sun. so I'll PM now.

Angel, that's a good idea. Not so strong, but quick. Juggernaut's number one enemy hehe.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:34 pm
That's what I was saying, I got 3 chars already in 1 RP, so I figured I'd use that character for the next one.

I could have Nemesis use it too though, but I still want to do a " fresh " character next time since Nemesis has other skills too, so it's not entirely the same. I can do it with her though, and tie the 2 together. If the next RP takes place before CotS, I could say that's who Nemesis got the idea from, and if it takes place after, I could make Nemesis a Jedi Master and the new character be her apprentice that was trained to use that style, etc.

That way, not only can I have both Nemesis using a few tricks and have a fresh character using just that style, but they'd have some relation to each other as well.

The difference though, is Nemesis doesn't have a lightwhip. She has a greatsaber. She can get her hands on one probably, but considering Nemesis is more of a juggernaut herself, a more straightfoward weapon probably works best for her.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:40 pm
Whats Nem been up to lately anyway?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:37 pm
Bummin' around in her shack mostly, sometimes helping out with offering a few sparring matches with padawans so they can better understand the saber, etc. That sorta thing.

Another idea came to mind for that character. Would it be possible for a light weapon ( saber, whip, etc. ) to have an inhibition type effect? Like, the whip be not at all dangerous beyond stinging like Hell when hit with it, but able to tie someone up with it and have the energy generating a kinda drain effect to sap the person's strength, giving them a double role as like makeshift stuncuffs? That could give that character idea a broader range of versatility.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:31 pm
Concept for the character:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Armorweave cloak ( hides entire figure unlike shown, made due with stuff on here ) over a bikini, serving to conceal the weapons and hide the girl's identity, the lack of clothing being for reasons of agility, etc.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:46 am
You mean like a stun effect?
Yes. Lightsabers can be made to only project paralyzing blades similar to stun weapons but it requires a special crystal type.
Dunno about lightwhips as their unorthydox construction might make such a thing unlikely. But they do make stun whips and shock whips. You can get 'em at livestock stores on the outer rim. They're right next to to the shock prods.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:51 am
Cale Darksun
Manda'lor declared war on the Sith.
You're breaking one of the primary rules of the Resol'nare by siding with the Sith.
Just be advised about that.
because Jaden and Sayla wont take it too well. They will come for you if they hear about it, and they will kill you.

I think it kinda sucks that ALL the Mando'ad have to accept every decision made by Manda'lor. Does disagreeing make one less of a Mandalorian? What if they never accepted his status as Manda'lor in the first place?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:09 am
They're called the six actions.
Not the five.
And we only have to follow him if he calls for war.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:13 am
Mandalore Warrior
If I've had no side, and a job really is a job. Taking a place, in the right side, means more. If it means not looking like a aruetych chakaar, yeah, it's the Mandalorians. Anything beats working for Hutts alone, to be honest.

A Mandalorian controlled planet, be a good working destination?

lol... I'll be a recruit. hehe, seems funny.

If you don't mind being what Cale calls a Dar'Manda, you could always sign up with Rook and her gang. I wouldn't mind having another Mando'ad helping me out, and my employer pays very well...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:19 am
Its what I call a Dar'manda too.

We as Mandalorians have only six laws to live by. We get off easy compared to other cultures and societies. It is not hard for a real Mando'ad to live by them.

But then again, you probably arent real mando'ade then.
Dar'Manda.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:49 am
Darth Fury
Mandalore Warrior
If I've had no side, and a job really is a job. Taking a place, in the right side, means more. If it means not looking like a aruetych chakaar, yeah, it's the Mandalorians. Anything beats working for Hutts alone, to be honest.

A Mandalorian controlled planet, be a good working destination?

lol... I'll be a recruit. hehe, seems funny.

If you don't mind being what Cale calls a Dar'Manda, you could always sign up with Rook and her gang. I wouldn't mind having another Mando'ad helping me out, and my employer pays very well...

Your "Employer" doesnt have near the ammount of available resources as Lord Stryder does, nor the capability to use them effectively.
And whoever does buisness with the Sith always end up getting their karmic deserts.
Lord Stryder can pay well, and guarentee payment.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:11 pm
Plus, the reason why the clans are fighting the sith is because the sith actually picked a fight with them in the first place. So when you want to tell Manda'lor that you don't want to fight back after one of the top clans was not only heavily and brutally slaughtered, but humiliated as well, then that's your choice.

Either way, Rook either sides with the sith or the mandos. it's about as clear cut as either fighting for america or germany in WWII. There is no 'third party' option here.

Then again, if you want to somehow make things really interesting, you can challenge Manda'lor to his title, like a good little soldier, and tell all the clans that their public embarassment to the galaxy should be let slide... Just note that it would make you even more of a target, because then you're saying that the mandalorians don't mind being pacifistic...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:37 am
According to a friend of mine, lightwhips have no physical whip cords. Those are vibrowhips. Real lightwhips are just pure energy like a saber, just flexible, etc. Either way, doesn't make a difference, but I do see slightly more benefit from a pure energy one, since it means less physical space, easier to hide, etc.

Anyways, I decided to listen to some Starship for a while since lately it's been Evanescence constantly, and I think I stumbled upon a possible theme for my ( I dubbed it such based on the fighting style ) Jedi Dancer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50XTIPaBU9Q

It kinda fits, given that the style is supposed to be like she dances, just with a whip and dagger, and has a lot of " Dude, she's hot, but she'll kick your a**. " to it.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games