Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:04 am
Not sure of the possibility of a pure energy lightwhip but Ive not found enough evidence to prove otherwise.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:50 am
Doesn't the lightsaber work on something involving magnetic fields or something? wouldn't that be really difficult to work with a whip? bendy all over the place?  

lady_skuld

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:00 pm
Well that cyborg Lumiya who trained Jacen had hers with a mando iron chain or cable wich served as the core of the light whip, that way the beam could be directed like a whip.
I dont know how anyone else manages a light whip.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:55 pm
Its complicated, but a lightsaber blade is basically a beam of energy focused back around itself.

How you get a pure energy whip from that I don't know.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:40 pm
Nelowulf
Plus, the reason why the clans are fighting the sith is because the sith actually picked a fight with them in the first place. So when you want to tell Manda'lor that you don't want to fight back after one of the top clans was not only heavily and brutally slaughtered, but humiliated as well, then that's your choice.

Either way, Rook either sides with the sith or the mandos. it's about as clear cut as either fighting for america or germany in WWII. There is no 'third party' option here.

Then again, if you want to somehow make things really interesting, you can challenge Manda'lor to his title, like a good little soldier, and tell all the clans that their public embarassment to the galaxy should be let slide... Just note that it would make you even more of a target, because then you're saying that the mandalorians don't mind being pacifistic...

I don't know all of the particulars of that situation, so I'll just stick with the story I got going on now. Challenging Manda'lor would be a lot of fun, but not in the way that you described it. I think I'll just have my girl try and stay out of the spotlight as much as possible.

She's the Black-Ops type anyway...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:41 pm
Do what you want then.
I think I have a plan on how to unite the various rogue Mandalorians.

As Chingis Khan once said, "I will unite my people. Even if I have to kill half of them to do it..."  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:45 pm
Chingis Khan? Never heard of em'...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:52 pm
You know him as Genghis Khan.
or Temujin, depending on who you ask.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:55 pm
Darth Fury
Nelowulf
Plus, the reason why the clans are fighting the sith is because the sith actually picked a fight with them in the first place. So when you want to tell Manda'lor that you don't want to fight back after one of the top clans was not only heavily and brutally slaughtered, but humiliated as well, then that's your choice.

Either way, Rook either sides with the sith or the mandos. it's about as clear cut as either fighting for america or germany in WWII. There is no 'third party' option here.

Then again, if you want to somehow make things really interesting, you can challenge Manda'lor to his title, like a good little soldier, and tell all the clans that their public embarassment to the galaxy should be let slide... Just note that it would make you even more of a target, because then you're saying that the mandalorians don't mind being pacifistic...

I don't know all of the particulars of that situation, so I'll just stick with the story I got going on now. Challenging Manda'lor would be a lot of fun, but not in the way that you described it. I think I'll just have my girl try and stay out of the spotlight as much as possible.

She's the Black-Ops type anyway...
You wouldn't be able to challenge Manda'lor. No one is playing him and thats the way it should be. He's NPC with only small interactions with PCs  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:57 pm
Deakin, meet me at Manda'yaim.  

Jaden_Ordo

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:58 pm
Cale Darksun

Him I know of. Didn't realize he went by Chingis.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:00 pm
Darth Fury
Cale Darksun

Him I know of. Didn't realize he went by Chingis.

Its complicated. I'm not going to get into the specifics because no one wants to hear it but for all intents and purposes Chingis and Genghis are interchangable.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:36 pm
Sayla-girl
Its what I call a Dar'manda too.

We as Mandalorians have only six laws to live by. We get off easy compared to other cultures and societies. It is not hard for a real Mando'ad to live by them.

But then again, you probably arent real mando'ade then.
Dar'Manda.

I am Mandalorian, but I'm stubborn and one hell of a hard worker. In my last post, 24 hours and no sleep. That's work. No parents or family to be around, it's mostly depression. I'm working on building back heritage.

If I'm being called Dar'Manda, that's fine with me. Hey, I'll admit it, I'm pretty barbaric and lonely. In different RP eras, I'm Dar'Buir as well. Just my character. As for now, w/o being on a side, I'm going by code of honor. I would go work with the Dark Lords for credits, but, follow Vode in war to regain honor/respect.

All said without any... disrespect, I guess? Hope I didn't come off as a douche.

Jaden, I'll get to it ASAP. Long weekend, no posting. Sorry, mate.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:50 pm
24 hours? No sleep?
Try killing a Zakkeg with an axe after spending a week in the bush chasing it down.
Thats what I do for fun.

You want to talk lonely? My entire species is on the verge of extinction. THATS Lonely.

So can it. You'll get no sympathy from me. Because no matter how bad your situation is, mine is probably worse.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:52 pm
Down girl. No need to get in the boy's grill.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games